Tracking the Chinese satellite due to come down ..somewhere at sea or on land?

OlsSalt

Link ot track the Chinese satellite due to come down somewhere - at sea or on land - in the next few days: http://www.satview.org/?sat_id=37820U

If it lands in my back yard, do I win a prize? If I i find Chinese character writing on parts or pieces, I'll take that as a hint there is a good chance it has landed?

Could also be an interesting light show on the horizon during a clear night at sea ........ or not. There must be a betting pool somewhere taking odds on where it will land..

And for a companion link, when the hour draws closer - a ship tracker link: https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-12.0/centery:24.9/zoom:2

I'm sure authorities are keeping a sharp eye on this thing. While the odds are tremendously against it falling onto a ship at sea, there is that possibility. Yikes! :eek: Stay tuned, folks!

is there any chance it could be exploded in the air?

is there any chance it could be exploded in the air?

You mean like shot down... not impossible, but unlikely unless it is headed for a developed location, like a city.

The odds of it hitting a ship or plane are extremely, extremely small.

If you look at the space junk page, it looks like they are predicting the Chinese Space Station to 'crash' at 0458 on 1 April but does not show the location at that time. Anyone want to crunch some numbers and figure out where that might be?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You mean like shot down... not impossible, but unlikely unless it is headed for a developed location, like a city.

The odds of it hitting a ship or plane are extremely, extremely small.

Yes, I wonder if it could be shot out of the sky when (if) they get a firm grip on its location?

Flame away but this thread is beyond belief.

No one thinks ships have satellites:confused: or ways to track this stuff.:confused:

Our captains and bridge crew are better than that. We are in 2018, not 1918.

This is a worry for not IMO.

Flame away but this thread is beyond belief.

No one thinks ships have satellites:confused: or ways to track this stuff.:confused:

Our captains and bridge crew are better than that. We are in 2018, not 1918.

This is a worry for not IMO.

I think you are reading too much into this. It is the event that might be observed from a ship as well as on land that was interesting. Not that it would necessarily crash on to a ship.

If you look at the space junk page, it looks like they are predicting the Chinese Space Station to 'crash' at 0458 on 1 April but does not show the location at that time. Anyone want to crunch some numbers and figure out where that might be?
The link OlsSalt gave in the first post has two maps with predictions by satview.org and by USstratcom (US Strategic Command) that give the impact zone around 26 to 30 degrees south of the equator, either in the Pacific (150W) or Atlantic (27W).

Flame away but this thread is beyond belief. No one thinks ships have satellites:confused: or ways to track this stuff.:confused: Our captains and bridge crew are better than that. We are in 2018, not 1918. This is a worry for not IMO.
YOU likely know don't you, that HAL has paper charts on t he bridge in addition to all the modern day electronics f or charting etc

hAL bridge crews are trained to use papers charts and a compass as was done in 1918. :rolleyes.

Edited by sail7seas

I don't remember what was the space trash that was to hit earth a number of years ago but it bcame a gag to have a beanie with propellers on top that would warn if it was going to land on one's head. the beanie's purpose was to give 'warning/'..... Surely others rememer those funny caps?...

I don't remember what was the space trash that was to hit earth a number of years ago but it bcame a gag to have a beanie with propellers on top that would warn if it was going to land on one's head. the beanie's purpose was to give 'warning/'..... Surely others rememer those funny caps?...

Skylab