change of internet benefit for diamond and diamond plus

What perks and benefits of C&A are “guaranteed”? I am not aware of any.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nothing is ever really guaranteed but the benefits on the PDF are the program benefits. But there should be the expectation of getting those stated benefits. The RCI Loyalty program does not have an internet benefit or perk. They do say there will be onboard offers. They don't specify what they will be. They could be anything or nothing as far as the internet.

Edited by Charles4515

Nothing is ever really guaranteed but the benefits on the PDF are the program benefits. But there should be the expectation of getting those stated benefits. The RCI Loyalty program does not have an internet benefit or perk. They do say there will be onboard offers. They don't specify what they will be. They could be anything or nothing as far as the internet.

Understand but no C&A perks are guaranteed. We all hope they remain in place.

Size of lounge or number of them has never been guaranteed as well.

Just left my displeasure with the removal on Royal's Facebook page. There are a few others already. I found that Royal doesn't like a lot of bad comments on their facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/royalcaribbean/

As stated by someone earlier......if we all do it they may change it back.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

We can hope. Here's the reply I got to my complaint about shampoo and internet:

Royal Caribbean International Hi, Pam. So sorry for any disappointment. Please be advised there are no changes being made to the internet C&A benefits. -Brit

Just received a reply to the email I sent to Crown and Anchor UK, looks like they are the first to admit it's true:(

Thank you for contacting Crown and Anchor regarding your Diamond Plus benefits. We hope this email finds you well.

We sincerely apologize but it si true. We will no longer be offering free internet on selected ships. We do not have the list as of yet, but once you are on board it is worth asking if it is still available for you.

These decisions are made by our head office, and we are given the information at a later time. If they are reducing the benefits, it is probably because the Diamond Plus and even diamond classes are becoming really common and crowded on the ships. Again, our apologies for these changes.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to contact us.

Yours Sincerely,

Ari Cesar Carlo Martini Acevedo

Crown and Anchor Society | UK & Ireland

Royal Caribbean International |0844 493 4005

Doesn't sound good for future benefits either,

Julie

Taking away that free internet IS an enhancement! It allows you to spend more time enjoying the onboard experience!:rolleyes:

Sort of like having almost no books in the library: people who are sitting somewhere quietly reading don't spend much money; therefore, it's logical to make almost no books available and still call it a library.:confused:

Just received a reply to the email I sent to Crown and Anchor UK, looks like they are the first to admit it's true:(

Thank you for contacting Crown and Anchor regarding your Diamond Plus benefits. We hope this email finds you well.

We sincerely apologize but it si true. We will no longer be offering free internet on selected ships. We do not have the list as of yet, but once you are on board it is worth asking if it is still available for you.

These decisions are made by our head office, and we are given the information at a later time. If they are reducing the benefits, it is probably because the Diamond Plus and even diamond classes are becoming really common and crowded on the ships. Again, our apologies for these changes.

Yours Sincerely,

Julie

Thanks Julie. I love this part: "These decisions are made by our head office, and we are given the information at a later time." I can almost hear the frustration on their part.

We're all Diamond but just went ahead and got the combo package. We reap very few benefits from our status anymore. You can't count on any of the perks being there for you, even if you know what the perks were the day before you board the ship.

Thanks Julie. I love this part: "These decisions are made by our head office, and we are given the information at a later time." I can almost hear the frustration on their part.

No DL overflow on some ships and now no free internet and to add injury to insult we are all. 'Common'

What a PR disaster to add to the IT fiasco.

Yours Sincerely,

Julie

Write back and let them know that their boss Millie Quiles is saying something completely different.

Who's telling the truth??

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

We're all Diamond but just went ahead and got the combo package. We reap very few benefits from our status anymore. You can't count on any of the perks being there for you, even if you know what the perks were the day before you board the ship.

Pay your cruise bill now and find out on board what your benefits are or not!!

Yours Sincerely,

Julie

I see, it's our damn fault for being too Loyal to Royal. :p

Sadly this is likely to happen increasingly frequently in the future. The reality (however sad) is that diamond (and to a lesser extent D+) is no longer the milestone it used to be. I can remember when we reached Diamond in 2012 we cruised on Mariner and there were about 10 people in the DL the entire cruise. This change is the sign of things to come, with gradual reduction in perks until they take the big plunge and remove D+ from all CL and all Diamonds from the lounge and make a D+ lounge and a SL fleet wide.

Sent from my D6603 using Forums mobile app

On my cruise planner for Harmony April 7 , no longer is VOOM Surf offered. It’s now Stream and Surf only. The price has gone up to $15.95.

Was Surf offered on your Cruise Planner at some point? Most all people report only seeing Surf & Stream on the Cruise Planner.

On my cruise planner for Harmony April 7 , no longer is VOOM Surf offered. It’s now Stream and Surf only. The price has gone up to $15.95.

That is not a bad price compared to other cruise lines. On my last 7 day Celebrity cruise the price for a week unlimited was $240 before applying loyalty discounts. More than twice as much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RCI logic.

Let's take away per minute pricing that can be used a few minutes at a time throughout the cruise. Better to do 24 consecutive hours at a high price and people will need to purchase multiple days. Oops now passengers are using their phones constantly, we better raise the cost to cut usage.

Let's increase the prices so we can make more profit WiFi. Oops, now we are losing tons of money on Diamond (+) free Wifi.

That is not a bad price compared to other cruise lines. On my last 7 day Celebrity cruise the price for a week unlimited was $240 before applying loyalty discounts. More than twice as much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

However for a 25 night MSC cruise I have booked.

mscinternet.jpg

Was Surf offered on your Cruise Planner at some point? Most all people report only seeing Surf & Stream on the Cruise Planner.

Not that I recall this cruise. I did get a drink package and VOOM on Freedom Presidents Cruise last September and it was only surf. It didn’t include stream. Stream and Surf was available.

I can’t say for others as we I don’t normally get internet package. We typically find Wi-Fi in a Port (Starbucks). The boss sometimes buys the internet package once onboard.

Sadly this is likely to happen increasingly frequently in the future. The reality (however sad) is that diamond (and to a lesser extent D+) is no longer the milestone it used to be. I can remember when we reached Diamond in 2012 we cruised on Mariner and there were about 10 people in the DL the entire cruise. This change is the sign of things to come, with gradual reduction in perks until they take the big plunge and remove D+ from all CL and all Diamonds from the lounge and make a D+ lounge and a SL fleet wide.

Sent from my D6603 using Forums mobile app

Another D+ running off a Diamond from the lounge.