5 adult ocean balcony room

I'm trying to book an inexpensive get away with some buddies on Harmony with an ocean view balcony. They have room categories listed with 5 person occupancy, but it doesn't apply to 5 adults. But the description doesn't specify the type of occupant. The only other option they gave me was the Ultraspacious balcony that sleeps up to 6, but costs way more. Anybody ever do this?

I'm trying to book an inexpensive get away with some buddies on Harmony with an ocean view balcony. They have room categories listed with 5 person occupancy, but it doesn't apply to 5 adults. But the description doesn't specify the type of occupant. The only other option they gave me was the Ultraspacious balcony that sleeps up to 6, but costs way more. Anybody ever do this?

At least two of the adults have to share a sofabed in this sort of stateroom. Just FYI.

Check out two cabins. It is often less expensive, or not much more, plus you get two bathrooms. Try to get two adjoining cabins, and you can leave the connecting door open and pretend you are in a suite. With two bathrooms. :D

You would have to call Royal or a travel agent to get a price and/or book a stateroom for more than 4 people. The website won't even show prices for a 5 person stateroom.

We've never booked a room that sleeps 5, but we travel with our adult sized children (16 and 19) and I can tell you that it gets pretty crowded in a room with four people, particularly when getting ready for dinner, excursions, etc.

On the next cruise we book, we will likely get a balcony and an inside across the hall. Maybe you and your buddies could consider that? You could hang out in the balcony room and enjoy the balcony and a few of your friends could sleep/shower in the other room across the hall.

At least two of the adults have to share a sofabed in this sort of stateroom. Just FYI.

Check out two cabins. It is often less expensive, or not much more, plus you get two bathrooms. Try to get two adjoining cabins, and you can leave the connecting door open and pretend you are in a suite. With two bathrooms. :D

Not true (unless I am mistaken). We have not had this type of cabin on the Harmony, but have had them on the Freedom and Liberty. Main bed can be separated into 2 beds. Set of bunkbeds in the bedroom (closet size). Plus the pullout. could do one in each of the 4 beds so only 1 has to sleep on the pullout.

Edited by Russ Lomas
added info

Not true (unless I am mistaken). We have not had this type of cabin on the Harmony, but have had them on the Freedom and Liberty. Main bed can be separated into 2 beds. Set of bunkbeds in the bedroom (closet size). Plus the pullout. could do one in each of the 4 beds so only 1 has to sleep on the pullout.

I think they are sharing a regular balcony cabin. If that is the case the sofa bed would have to sleep two people and then there would be one Pullman bed. This cabin would not have a 2nd bedroom.

Four adults is a lot for that type of stateroom. I also would consider booking two rooms . . . you'll enjoy that a lot more than tripping over each other.

A friend was looking at one of the "extra large balcony" cabins on Allure for 4 adults. When I priced things out it was cheaper for them to get two standard ocean balcony cabins. More space, twice the storage, and TWO bathrooms.

There is not often such a thing as an "inexpensive getaway" on Oasis class ships :)

Oasis and Allure can sleep 5 in some oceanview balcony rooms. Harmony cannot.

We have one booked on the Oasis. It was definitely cheaper than booking two cabins. My 3rd-5th passengers were $219 each.

If I had booked 2 interior for the same sailing, my cabin for 2 would have been $1644 and my cabin for 3 would have been $1694, so $3337 total.

$3337 interior 2 cabins or $2677 Oceanview with Balcony.

If you spread that out over 5 people, it might not be so bad. But since one person is flipping our whole bill, we'll squish. lol

Oasis and Allure can sleep 5 in some oceanview balcony rooms. Harmony cannot.

We have one booked on the Oasis. It was definitely cheaper than booking two cabins. My 3rd-5th passengers were $219 each.

If I had booked 2 interior for the same sailing, my cabin for 2 would have been $1644 and my cabin for 3 would have been $1694, so $3337 total.

$3337 interior 2 cabins or $2677 Oceanview with Balcony.

If you spread that out over 5 people, it might not be so bad. But since one person is flipping our whole bill, we'll squish. lol

Are three of those passengers children and did you book during a "kids sail free" promotion?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Only two can fit comfortably on a balcony - maybe squeeze in a third - I’d definitely go with two connecting balconies so you could have the partition opened. Otherwise, may as well get two oceanviews since you all couldn’t enjoy one balcony anyway.

We had 4 people in an ocean view balcony on Allure last month. My 2 sons, my wife and myself. My sons are 14,16 and the older one is 6'3" 230. The room was really cramped when the beds (pullout couch and pullman), but if you are only using it to sleep and then get out, it would be possible to do, just know that 2 of your buddies will be sharing a double bed (pullout couch).