Denied boarding? Ever happens?

geckoaz

That isn't accurate. The lady in the Disney example had a note from her doctor. She was 25 weeks pregnant. Cut off is 24 weeks. Disney stuck by their rules and denied HER boarding. Everyone else COULD have boarded and gone on the trip. But they didn't. They opted to behave like tortured drama queens and record it and post it.

Totally agree! She thought the note from her doctor would supersede Disney's rules.

I read disney cruise denied boarding to 25 week pregnant mom. I understand why policy is up to 24 months. Has anyone been denied boarding on carnival for any reason? One friend lost her passport between airports and ended up joining us in another port. What kind of things do i have to worry about in dead of night?:eek:

Yes, people sometimes are denied boarding.

What did they not like about it? Which port?

My mom and I both use passports, but her long form birth certificate that has a raised seal is old enough that it is the size of an index card. I wonder how often the embarkation employees see older birth certificates.

Probably as often as they see older passengers;).

That isn't accurate. The lady in the Disney example had a note from her doctor. She was 25 weeks pregnant. Cut off is 24 weeks. Disney stuck by their rules and denied HER boarding. Everyone else COULD have boarded and gone on the trip. But they didn't. They opted to behave like tortured drama queens and record it and post it.

It is accurate vis a vis the illness questions which is what my reply was in response to. I have no sympathy for the lady in the Disney example, 100% self-inflicted wound.

I read disney cruise denied boarding to 25 week pregnant mom. I understand why policy is up to 24 months. Has anyone been denied boarding on carnival for any reason? One friend lost her passport between airports and ended up joining us in another port. What kind of things do i have to worry about in dead of night?:eek:

Ok ... we've had fun with the 24 months.

But when, where and what cruise line are you sailing? You are boarding "in the dead of night"?

Just curious which cruise you are booked on or looking at.

Yes, and everyone's parents tell them they won't be in trouble ... to just be honest with them. Really ... how many of us told the truth ...

I don't think there is anyway to accurately capture the data on how many people lie on the medical form but knowing human nature as I do I would guess that the percentage is high.

Sorry 24 weeks...

I'm sorry someone had to razz you about it. We knew what you meant. I'm curious too now that you posed the question. Besides being too pregnant, not having a reservation to begin with, or not having identification, I guess if you misbehave to the point of being carted off by security, you could be denied. I wouldn't think that last possibility would be one to worry about. You can lose your ID without knowing it, but you most likely are not going to lose your temper without knowing it.

On our cruise from Venice to Buenos Aires last fall there were some couples denied boarding because they did not have the required Visa for Brazil. Even if you didn't want to get off at the port you could not get on the ship without the Brazil Visa (need it to enter the water for Brazil). An Australian couple spent a lot of money and lost many cruise days to get the Visa and join us in another port.

Yep same thing happened last season with the Brazil itinerary with NCL last season. Hundreds denied boarding.

Ok ... we've had fun with the 24 months.

But when, where and what cruise line are you sailing? You are boarding "in the dead of night"?

Just curious which cruise you are booked on or looking at.

I am a professional worrier and a dad and poppops..I am on the breeze in may..I have worried whether I should go..there were hurricanes and flooding..going to Cozumel where they blow up ferries and Jamaica where crime has lead to state dept warnings,,,now I begin my countdown watching stormcarib on net.. but once on the ship I leave the worry to the captain and crew...and rum:halo:

It was in New Orleans. It has City Of Monroe on it not State Of Michigan. It does have the raised state seal though.

Many birth certificates are issued by city and county governments, as long as it's a government issued birth certificate that's all that matters. (Maybe it was a new person that day.)

Exactly. The media has identified her as a Vlogger. It was nothing but a stunt for publicity.

There was a couple in front of me that was denied boarding for a concealed weapon. My guess is he refused to part with it. They told him his wife and child could board but unless he handed it over or put it in his vehicle he as not boarding.

There is a pregnancy form to be filled out by the woman’s MD. Daughter had hers and was close to 24 weeks. And it is 24 weeks by the last day of the cruise. She was 24 the day after we got off our cruise.

I would say that about 1 in 3 cruises across the industry, from the US, have people denied boarding for one reason or another. May even be higher.

So, let’s say average passenger capacity of a cruise ships in the US is 3000 times 3 ships 9000. And the denied boarding likely a party of 2 to 4 so let’s say 3.

So basically one in 3,000 cruisers pays, shows up to the pier and does not get on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On our cruise from Venice to Buenos Aires last fall there were some couples denied boarding because they did not have the required Visa for Brazil. Even if you didn't want to get off at the port you could not get on the ship without the Brazil Visa (need it to enter the water for Brazil). An Australian couple spent a lot of money and lost many cruise days to get the Visa and join us in another port.

Brazil used to be really crazy (you or a rep must appear at the consulate with an appointment) and expensive (like $250) on the visa front. My understanding is that just recently they changed to $50 and you can do the whole thing on line. (Got this from one of my tablemates on our Vision Cruise last month, she’s a stewardess for AA).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Saw the Disney mommy video and had no sorry feelings for her. She was 100% wrong and made a mountain out of a mole hill.

You never know about getting sick... went to Hawaii last month and hubby got sick 5 days in. Probably caught the flu from someone on the plane. Just can’t control some things, especially when you are locked in a metal canister with a couple hundred people for 6 hours.