Denied boarding? Ever happens?

geckoaz

I read disney cruise denied boarding to 25 week pregnant mom. I understand why policy is up to 24 months. Has anyone been denied boarding on carnival for any reason? One friend lost her passport between airports and ended up joining us in another port. What kind of things do i have to worry about in dead of night?:eek:

I believe the 24 month restriction for gestation only applies to those from the planet Zircon in the Omicron Theta System.

Otherwise, as long as you have your documentation and aren't showing up to the port tripped out on LSD, you should be ok.

I read disney cruise denied boarding to 25 week pregnant mom. I understand why policy is up to 24 months. Has anyone been denied boarding on carnival for any reason? One friend lost her passport between airports and ended up joining us in another port. What kind of things do i have to worry about in dead of night?:eek:

Sorry 24 weeks...

Easiest way to get denied boarding is to fill out the health questionnaire such that you admit to being ill with a contagious disease. They will not let you near the ship.

This is in contradiction to what CCL has on their form, which states that the only reason that boarding would be denied is if you have something of an international health concern (such as ebola).

Yes, OP, people are denied boarding for most sailings for reasons such as the lady in the Disney example to not having the required documentation.

I believe the 24 month restriction for gestation only applies to those from the planet Zircon in the Omicron Theta System.

Otherwise, as long as you have your documentation and aren't showing up to the port tripped out on LSD, you should be ok.

Wonder why they discriminate against us Zirconians?

On our cruise from Venice to Buenos Aires last fall there were some couples denied boarding because they did not have the required Visa for Brazil. Even if you didn't want to get off at the port you could not get on the ship without the Brazil Visa (need it to enter the water for Brazil). An Australian couple spent a lot of money and lost many cruise days to get the Visa and join us in another port.

A friend of mine recently came back sick from a Carnival cruise and was complaining to me that someone must have lied on the form asking about recent sickness. I just assume everyone lies on that form if they actually have something. I find it hard to believe that anyone who comes down with a cold or stomach virus the day before a cruise is going to admit it and let Carnival keep their $5000 and stay home. I would have to be really sick to risk losing my money and my vacation. I think I would just try to self quarantine and spend the week on my balcony.

A friend of mine recently came back sick from a Carnival cruise and was complaining to me that someone must have lied on the form asking about recent sickness. I just assume everyone lies on that form if they actually have something. I find it hard to believe that anyone who comes down with a cold or stomach virus the day before a cruise is going to admit it and let Carnival keep their $5000 and stay home. I would have to be really sick to risk losing my money and my vacation. I think I would just try to self quarantine and spend the week on my balcony.

I can say I've come home from a few cruises with a nasty cold. I use the hand sanitizer religiously but sometimes there just is no escape!

Every time I've cruise in the spring, I end up getting questioned about my sniffles. Allergies! The moment I'm in open water away from the pollen it goes away completely! Maybe I just need to live at sea. :p

I can say I've come home from a few cruises with a nasty cold. I use the hand sanitizer religiously but sometimes there just is no escape!

Every time I've cruise in the spring, I end up getting questioned about my sniffles. Allergies! The moment I'm in open water away from the pollen it goes away completely! Maybe I just need to live at sea. :p

Isn't it amazing what the "salt air treatment" will cure? I highly recommend it!

And CCL's form also assures people that they won't be denied boarding for any of that.

And CCL's form also assures people that they won't be denied boarding for any of that.

I think what actually happens is, if there is a medical question before boarding, the ship's doctor assesses the situation and makes a decision. I really doubt, despite what the CCL rules say, that they want someone coming on board spreading norovirus. Could be they would let the person on but have them confined to the cabin for the first couple of days, as they do when someone comes down with it during the cruise.

Luckily we have never been sick before or during a cruise. Once we did board a norovirus-infected Celebrity ship, after waiting a few extra hours while they did a deep cleaning after the previous cruise.

I think what actually happens is, if there is a medical question before boarding, the ship's doctor assesses the situation and makes a decision. I really doubt, despite what the CCL rules say, that they want someone coming on board spreading norovirus. Could be they would let the person on but have them confined to the cabin for the first couple of days, as they do when someone comes down with it during the cruise.

Luckily we have never been sick before or during a cruise. Once we did board a norovirus-infected Celebrity ship, after waiting a few extra hours while they did a deep cleaning after the previous cruise.

It is my understanding that is what happens, medical staff makes an assessment and the passenger is quarantined to their cabin if necessary.

On our last cruise they didn't like my wife's birth certificate, the same one she used on 3 previous cruises without issue, and we were afraid they weren't going to let us on but they finally did. Passports from now on!

On our last cruise they didn't like my wife's birth certificate, the same one she used on 3 previous cruises without issue, and we were afraid they weren't going to let us on but they finally did. Passports from now on!

What did they not like about it? Which port?

My mom and I both use passports, but her long form birth certificate that has a raised seal is old enough that it is the size of an index card. I wonder how often the embarkation employees see older birth certificates.

I don’t think there’s anything you need to worry about in the dead of night. Obviously if you are 25 weeks pregnant you know that well ahead of time. As long as you show up at the port on time, with proper documentation (passport or birth certificate and ID), have secured any necessary visas (not necessary for most Caribbean itineraries), and aren’t passed out drunk or super sick you will get on board fine. Millions do a year. But yes, people get denied boarding for losing passports, having improper ID (recall a post about someone claiming they tried to board with an enhanced DL and were denied, though the state they lived in didn’t offer enhanced DLs), pregnancy without a doctor’s note, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

People don’t have to be lying. Some may not realize they are ill until they actually board the ship. But I’m sure there are some that do fib on their form at check in. This past January, I started to fall ill on the last night of our cruise. The next day we flew home, and by the time I reached NYS, I had a fever of 104. Went to the Dr next morning and was found to be positive for Influenza A, and that it had already gone into left lower lobe pneumonia. For me to become ill on that day, I must have been exposed around day 4 of cruise, as influenza has an incubation period of 1-3 days. That person was most likely asymptotic upon boarding, not even aware how ill they may become.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

LOL .... :') I am SO glad you saw/commented on this.

If you google this and watch the video, it is pretty clear to see that the woman knew all along that it was 24 weeks and she was trying to get around the rules.

Oh, and NO ONE was 'threatened' by 'armed guards'. There were armed police at/in the PORT entry, as part of their job and keeping EVERYONE safe, and at no time were these guns pointed at or even remotely in a threatening position toward this woman or any member of her party/family.

This is in contradiction to what CCL has on their form, which states that the only reason that boarding would be denied is if you have something of an international health concern (such as ebola).

Yes, OP, people are denied boarding for most sailings for reasons such as the lady in the Disney example to not having the required documentation.

That isn't accurate. The lady in the Disney example had a note from her doctor. She was 25 weeks pregnant. Cut off is 24 weeks. Disney stuck by their rules and denied HER boarding. Everyone else COULD have boarded and gone on the trip. But they didn't. They opted to behave like tortured drama queens and record it and post it.