M-class Celeb Suite Capacityhts

alfredo22

I am considering bringing my 2 kids (5 and 8) on their first cruise next year, and I am trying to deal with the cabin conundrum. At the top of my price range (no RS for me), I could swing a Celebrity Suite. Conveniently, my kids love each other and actually share a bed by choice.

However, the booking web page won’t allow more than three people & when I called they said the limit was the limit.

I have been able to track down a few old threads that insinuated that 4 people do occur on this class/cabin. Anyone done 4 in an M-class CS recently? Did I get the wrong phone agent or am I out of luck?

Family veranda is a real contender- my parents are coming along and they have gone Suite in the past. If so, we will want to want to dine with them. There is a Suite only dining room now right?

Family veranda is a real contender- my parents are coming along and they have gone Suite in the past. If so, we will want to want to dine with them. There is a Suite only dining room now right?

Yes there is. I am no expert but it is my understanding that guest can dine in Luminae if there is a capacity and at extra charge. Suite guest however can join you in MDR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Right. Suite passengers have their own dining room. If your parents only travel in suites, then a FV won't work if you all want to dine together unless your parents are willing to go to the MDR.

I suspect you should call again. Not all people in the call center are proficient. Do you not have a travel agent to do all this for you? I'm pretty sure that the CS includes a pull out couch with at least a double bed if not a queen.

Right. Suite passengers have their own dining room. If your parents only travel in suites, then a FV won't work if you all want to dine together unless your parents are willing to go to the MDR.

I suspect you should call again. Not all people in the call center are proficient. Do you not have a travel agent to do all this for you? I'm pretty sure that the CS includes a pull out couch with at least a double bed if not a queen.

Thanks.

I do have a travel agent...I just don’t trust them!:D

We had four in a Celebrity Suite on Summit, my husband and I my daughter and grandson. They brought in a cot for my grandson.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just checked the Celebrity web site for Summit, an M class ship, because I couldn’t believe they wouldn’t allow 4 passengers in a Celebrity Suite. Oddly enough, Veranda cabin 7124 has a max occupancy of 4, while Celebrity suite 7138 has a max occupancy of 3. Unless the web site is inaccurate, the only possible reason for this strange limit is that the sofa isn’t convertible to a bed. As happy Cruiser said, it would be worth calling again to be sure you’ve been given the correct information. Good luck!

Would the grandparents be willing to take one of the kids in their suite?

I like that idea, but alas... I may also end up cheating the system by getting an inside stateroom/sky suite/CS all together on the 8th deck. I have heard you can stick the kids in “steerage” as long as it is directly across from your room. For those worried- We would have the kids still sleep with us. It just looks like the inside stateroom may actually be cheaper than 3rd/4th guest in the suite.

PSU- what was the sofa bed like in the CS on Summit? Twin or bigger?

I like that idea, but alas... I may also end up cheating the system by getting an inside stateroom/sky suite/CS all together on the 8th deck. I have heard you can stick the kids in “steerage” as long as it is directly across from your room. For those worried- We would have the kids still sleep with us. It just looks like the inside stateroom may actually be cheaper than 3rd/4th guest in the suite.

You may have to book, you in one room with one of the kids and your spouse in the other room with the other kiddo.

But someone would be booked in the inside stateroom, and wouldn't be allowed into the suite dining room. EM

Exactly. You'd be better off booking one of the kids in the g'parent's suite and then just having that child sleep in your suite.

For several years until the grandchildren were old enough for their own cabin we did exactly what the above poster suggest and it worked fine. One year we did try a family suite, it had two bedrooms but was quite 'cozy' and the balcony size disappointing given the increased number of guests in the suite.

The Luminae Maitre' D might be helpful (or shoreside suite concierge) or Michael's Club host. Just have a conversation with them. Since you actually have two suites plus two little kids staying in an inside cabin, you might get an exception and perhaps they will allow all of you in Luminae no charge. It can't hurt to ask! Worse case scenario- on the nights you dine in Luminae, you would have to pay $30 each for non-suite guests. Assuming you sometimes do other dining options like the buffet or specialty dining or even MDR, it might be only a few nights charge for Luminae for the kids. Considering what the whole vacation costs maybe not so bad. But just ask them and see what happens. If your kids were adults staying in a non-suite you would be in a different situation.

The Luminae Maitre' D might be helpful (or shoreside suite concierge) or Michael's Club host. Just have a conversation with them. Since you actually have two suites plus two little kids staying in an inside cabin, you might get an exception and perhaps they will allow all of you in Luminae no charge. It can't hurt to ask! Worse case scenario- on the nights you dine in Luminae, you would have to pay $30 each for non-suite guests. Assuming you sometimes do other dining options like the buffet or specialty dining or even MDR, it might be only a few nights charge for Luminae for the kids. Considering what the whole vacation costs maybe not so bad. But just ask them and see what happens. If your kids were adults staying in a non-suite you would be in a different situation.

This is from a suite class FAQ from last year.....

Can Suite Class guests bring traveling companions in a non-suite stateroom to the Suite Class exclusive restaurant so then can dine together? Yes, based on availability, Suite Class guests can invite non-suite guests to dine with them in Luminae with reservation and for a fee. The fee per non-suite guest will be $10 for breakfast, $20 for lunch, $30 for dinner. These fees are waived for invited non-suite guests 12 years of age and under. Suite Class guests can also request to dine together with their non-suite guests in the Main restaurant at no additional charge by visiting with the Maitre d’ on embarkation day.

this is a link to said FAQ...Suite class FAQ

Can Suite Class guests bring traveling companions in a non-suite stateroom to the Suite Class exclusive restaurant so then can dine together? Yes, based on availability, Suite Class guests can invite non-suite guests to dine with them in Luminae with reservation and for a fee. The fee per non-suite guest will be $10 for breakfast, $20 for lunch, $30 for dinner. These fees are waived for invited non-suite guests 12 years of age and under. Suite Class guests can also request to dine together with their non-suite guests in the Main restaurant at no additional charge by visiting with the Maitre d’ on embarkation day.

But...I'm pretty sure they wouldn't book 2 kids in a cabin without an adult. Therefore, that adult would then have to pay for Luminae.

I vote for "booking" one kid in the grandparent's room but both kids will actually stay with the parents. Or can they? Do the suites have bed space for 4 people?

It is a dilemma.

The sofa bed was a double which my daughter used and the cot my grandson used.

There was no problem having four in a Celebrity Suite.

Sometimes it is not a question of how many passengers a stateroom can sleep but an issue with how many passengers are booked in a particular life boat station. If the maximum the life boat can hold is 100 and 49 cabins are booked with 98 guests, the 100th cabin, even if it can accommodate 4 guests, can not be booked for 4. Don't know when you want to sail but this could be an issue.

As others have suggested, booking the children in an inside across from the parents is one option. The other is to book one child with the grandparents and arrange sleeping once on board knowing that the sofa may not accommodate 2.

They will book children into tgeir own room, or at least they always used to, if their room is adjacent to, or across the hall from, the parental stateroom
Right, and there is no charge for children 12 and under to dine in Luminae.

They set it up this way so that young children who are booked in another cabin may dine in Luminae with parents who are in a suite, without needing to cram the children into the same suite with the parents, or needing to book another suite for the children.

Thanks for this clarification. It has been quite some time since we sailed with kids 12 and under!