Is there enough time ?

old crusier

Is there enough time to catch a 11:10 flight ? Port Canaveral to Orlando Airport

"MCO" . I know we can do self assist but would like to know from anyone that has first hand experience , seems like it would be cutting it close , Thanks

Is there enough time to catch a 11:10 flight ? Port Canaveral to Orlando Airport

"MCO" . I know we can do self assist but would like to know from anyone that has first hand experience , seems like it would be cutting it close , Thanks

It is possible but cutting it too close for me. Any delay on return, customs etc, and you aren't going to make it. Its close to an hour to MCO. If you could guarantee being off by 7:30/8 at the latest, but that isn't possible. I wouldn't want the stress at the end of my cruise.

You may be able to but there is always a chance for delay. I have been off the ship as early as 8 and as late as 9:30 being first off the ship. It depends on customs, ship clearance, luggage, fog in port etc. Many factors can delay you getting off. I would play it safe and make a later flight.

Thank You for the quick replies , the next flight is 2ish ,

Our next cruise has us flying out of Tampa at 2:45 PM to Minneapolis, so I can sort of relate.

Think of it in terms of not having to rush to get off the ship, getting to the airport, including checking in in time for the flight, etc. (There are worse things than killing time in an airport, don't you think?) ;)

No way I would chance that. It took 2 full hours from being dropped at the airport to making the gate last time we were in Orlando. It took an hour to get through security at the airport. I'm guessing people who were checking bags on American had closer to a 3 hour time frame.

Some people may say they've made a flight at that time from MCO after debarking at Canaveral...and that's perfectly fine, they may well have. But, what if.....

1. The ship is late in arriving back at PC?

2. USCBP delays clearing the ship?

3. There is a major cluster at customs once you get off the ship...or the customs agents are scrutinizing everything?

4. There is some delay on the way from PC to MCO (ie. traffic, accidents, etc)?

5. There is a cluster at the TSA checkpoint at MCO?

All of the above are out of your control, and there is really not much, if anything, you can do about them. The chances of any of these may be small, but I wouldn't chance a flight before noon or even 1:00. But that's just me...and what do I know? This is just my 2 cents.

We always learn to take an extra day to vacation. That way we have more time to explore and just relax before going home the next day. No worrying about if you will make a flight on time after leaving the ship. But if you can't see if there a few hour later flight. Then you could eat at the airport, and wait.

Thank You for the quick replies , the next flight is 2ish ,

Take the 2ish flight. You need to vacate your room by 830, and ususally the MDR remains open for seating until 9. Have a relaxing leisurely breakfast and prepare to leave the ship 930 or 10 am. You will be a MCO before noon. MCO can have very long lines to get through TSA, so getting there 1130 isn't a bad idea. It's a nice airport with plenty of places to browse.

You never know how long the security line is going to be either. My husband and I somehow got TSA pre for both flights this year and we were through security in less than five minutes. Regular security at MCO on a weekend takes significantly longer.

I think you are all over stressing about this. If you got off the ship early and carried out your own luggage, I think you could easily make an 11:10 flight.

But when you can hang out on the ship and get off last and take a 2-ish flight, why not

Sent from my iPhone using Forums