Do others on "linked" booking get priority boarding.

sailing_scot

We have elite status and qualify for priority boarding.

We are taking my father with us on our next cruise - it will be his first cruise. He is in his own cabin.

Would we al be able to get priority boarding? When we made the booking - the princess agent "linked" the bookings so princess would be aware we are all together (if that makes any difference).

Thanks

We are taking my father with us on our next cruise - it will be his first cruise. He is in his own cabin.

Would we al be able to get priority boarding? When we made the booking - the princess agent "linked" the bookings so princess would be aware we are all together (if that makes any difference).

Thanks

If you check in together as a group you will all be able to go through together using priority boarding.

When we go to Alaska later this year, I'd love to be able to have my daughter and her husband, who will be first timers with Princess, be able to get in priority boarding line and into the Suite/Elite waiting area, with me, but I will not attempt it because they do not qualify for either priority boarding or the suite/elite waiting area..

Instead, in order that we be able to board together, I will get in the regular boarding line with them.

Another one of my daughters, who will be a brand new cruiser, is sharing my cabin, and could accompany me in the priority line and the suite/elite waiting area with me. But this is a family cruise and we will all board together.

My wife and are elite. We are taking our daughter, son in law, and two grandsons on the Emerald this summer. We have adjoining balcony cabins. Put my wife on one booking and I'm on the other. This solves the problem with priority boarding.

In my experience, no. We have travelled with my teen/adult children twice while we were Platinum. Their bookings were linked to ours, but they were in separate cabins. We were able to check in together, but they were not allowed to use the priority boarding, so we waited in the regular boarding area to board with them. Even on the first trip, when my daughter was still a minor, I could not convince them to let her go with us to priority. I either had to leave her with her not-so-responsible "adult" brothers, or go with all of them in regular boarding, which we did.

When we go to Alaska later this year, I'd love to be able to have my daughter and her husband, who will be first timers with Princess, be able to get in priority boarding line and into the Suite/Elite waiting area, with me, but I will not attempt it because they do not qualify for either priority boarding or the suite/elite waiting area..

Instead, in order that we be able to board together, I will get in the regular boarding line with them.

Another one of my daughters, who will be a brand new cruiser, is sharing my cabin, and could accompany me in the priority line and the suite/elite waiting area with me. But this is a family cruise and we will all board together.

This is our expectation and plan too this summer when we (elite) take our 2 kids, their spouses, and our granddaughter on an Alaska cruise. I'm sure you are looking forward to a wonderful cruise as are we. Have a great time!

In my experience, no. We have travelled with my teen/adult children twice while we were Platinum. Their bookings were linked to ours, but they were in separate cabins. We were able to check in together, but they were not allowed to use the priority boarding, so we waited in the regular boarding area to board with them. Even on the first trip, when my daughter was still a minor, I could not convince them to let her go with us to priority. I either had to leave her with her not-so-responsible "adult" brothers, or go with all of them in regular boarding, which we did.

If the older children are too irresponsible to get the teen to the cabin, how will they handle a week in the same cabin?

If the older children are too irresponsible to get the teen to the cabin, how will they handle a week in the same cabin?

LOL! They weren't really that irresponsible, but I had hoped to use the "but she's a minor" excuse to get them to let us take them all to priority boarding. It didn't work. ;p

This is where your "Jedi Knight" skills come into play land side. We had family join us on a BVE earlier this year which gives us Priority Boarding as well. Our paperwork did not show this. We had to inform the personnel how it worked. I heard one of the ladies say "They never tell us anything". Print off anything that shows that your accounts are linked and show it to the folks monitoring the lines. If you check with two Princess CSR's on the phone, you will probably get two different answers.

This is our expectation and plan too this summer when we (elite) take our 2 kids, their spouses, and our granddaughter on an Alaska cruise. I'm sure you are looking forward to a wonderful cruise as are we. Have a great time!

Thanks! I'm sure we will have a great time.

I am delighted to be introducing all them to Princess, especially since my oldest daughter and SIL have cruised on Carnival in the past and have decided "never again", and I'm anxious to have them see the difference.

We went as a group of 13 last month on the Ruby. All gold & blue cards except DW and I are platinum. The Princess people directing the passengers noticed our priority boarding passes and told our whole group to go to the priority boarding line. We didn’t ask or try to get our group in the priority boarding and in fact were planning on just staying with our group.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife and are elite. We are taking our daughter, son in law, and two grandsons on the Emerald this summer. We have adjoining balcony cabins. Put my wife on one booking and I'm on the other. This solves the problem with priority boarding.

We do the same when we take our DS and his family with us on a cruise. The first time we booked a joint cruise which we pay for everyone, the Future Cruise Consultant suggested that we book one room under my name and the other room under the DW's name. That way if DS cannot come, we can switch it to our younger DS. Unfortunately for the younger DS that has not happened yet. Since I am paying for everyone we all check in together and board together using our priority status. We have taken the younger DS with us on cruises but he does not like to cruise (yes some don't like it).

We link the two cabins together for evening TD and to stop any effort by Princess to move one of the cabins before sailing.

Thanks

Ten years ago when we had priority and our parents didn’t, I took my mom with me at check in and my husband took my dad with him to another check in window, and we all priority boarded together.

If you check in together as a group you will all be able to go through together using priority boarding.

That is a generalization that is dead wrong. There are a lot of factors that come into play on such a decision such as the number of those who are eligible for priority boarding; size of waiting area available for holding priority boarding passengers (some ports or piers have a lot of available space, others not so much) ; and other factors that may have an effect on boarding. That said, if getting everybody grouped together to use priority boarding is not possible, those having priortyboarding can always move down to regular boarding if boarding together is really important to the group.

In either event, good luck in getting what you want. Hope you all have a great cruise!!

Tom

We link the two cabins together for evening TD and to stop any effort by Princess to move one of the cabins before sailing.

Linking the cabins is only for the evening TD assignments. It will not in any way stop Princess from moving one of the cabin assignments. The only way to prevent an unexpected move of one cabin assignment is to have the bookings all marked "will not accept upgrade."

Important point, Carbill. I get seasick so cabin location is very important to me. I always stipulate “no upgrade”. We began cruising Princess on a family trip with my in-laws. They were elite and we were able to use priority boarding with them. That was many years ago[emoji4].

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...
We do the same when we take our DS and his family with us on a cruise. The first time we booked a joint cruise which we pay for everyone, the Future Cruise Consultant suggested that we book one room under my name and the other room under the DW's name. That way if DS cannot come, we can switch it to our younger DS. Unfortunately for the younger DS that has not happened yet. Since I am paying for everyone we all check in together and board together using our priority status. We have taken the younger DS with us on cruises but he does not like to cruise (yes some don't like it).

What did you do when you got on the ship? How did you get the cruise cards assigned to the correct cabin once on board? We are thinking of doing this for an upcoming cruise where we will purchase an inside cabin for our adult sons. Thank you.

We are elite and recently got off the Alaska cruise from San Francisco. We travelled with new to princess cruisers. We got to the ship just prior to noontime.

They went thru the regular checkin and we did elite - neither area had a line so we all checked in immediately and then there was no line to board so we boarded together.

Not first time this has occurred in San Francisco. Hopefully other ports can do the same

:):):)

Unfortunately, all this taking people on linked bookings etc into Priority line, diminishes the 'perk' of priority boarding for those who have paid a lot of money to become Platinum/ Elite or for suites !

If you want to board with First time cruisers etc, use the non priority line to keep family/party together !

Sorry if I sound like a Grumpy Old Woman. !!!!!!

Thanks

Yes, that has been our experience if you are all together.