My Review of the Silhouette 3/25 - 4/1

MamaChach

Thank you to everyone on here that helped me prepare for this cruise - we had an unforgettable trip!

We are 3 adults, my husband, adult son and myself. We booked this cruise 6 weeks before sailing. We booked a Concierge level outside balcony cabin as it was only $50 total more than the regular balcony cabin.

Embarkation was a bit chaotic. We arrived at 10:45. There were amusement park lines but they moved fairly quickly. Once we were through security we were directed to the 'concierge' line. There wasn't a line - we walked straight through and up to the counter to get our sea pass.

We boarded the ship and were greeted with smiling faces and a cold glass of champagne! We went to Guest Services to make a change - they were very quick, efficient and friendly!

We headed to the Concierge lunch in the Grand Cuvee main dining room. The servers were friendly and welcoming. It was about 11:30 and it wasn't too crowded at all! They served a variety of dishes. My husband and I had the salmon and my son had the pork.

We all enjoyed the food. We then went up to the Sky Bar and ordered a drink and relaxed:)

There are staff trying to sell you specialty restaurants and drink specials all over the ship all the time. They were very receptive to "Not now thank you, or I'll think about it" We didn't feel pressured at all. We did end up booking Murano's that first night at a discount of $35/pp rather than the normal $50/pp. (more on that later)

Our rooms would be ready by 1:00. They made the announcement around 12:45 that we could go to our rooms. We were VERY pleased with our room. We had 3 adults staying in the room and had plenty of space and storage. We received a welcome bottle of champagne and fruit. The beds were already configured into a king bed and the sofa was converted to a sleeper. We have never had a balcony before. We will never sail again without booking a balcony room! The bathroom was the biggest we've ever had with very ample storage! The shower had good pressure.

We emptied our luggage and put them under the bed. Three large suitcases and a duffle fit. The closet had ample hangars. We had to double up on some clothes but we did have 3 people. My husband and son used the overhead compartments for their t-shirts and such and I used the drawers. All items fit in a space:)

We made a reservation for Murano's at 7. I was glad we did this first night as it would have been rushed to make it to early dinner by 6. Service was outstanding! My husband and I had the Lobster and my son had the veal. We all liked our choices.

Main Dining Room: We chose to give the MDR a try and are super glad we did! We loved every meal - more than the last:) Our waiter, Zoran was EXCELLENT! And our Sommelier was attentive and personable too! This is what I loved about Celebrity's dining: they don't give you huge portions but will bring anything you want! We ordered 1-2 appetizers each and a salad or soup each night. And for dinner, we often ordered 2 dinners - a meat dish and the pasta for example. If you don't like what you ordered...they go out of their way to find something you will like. We also ordered 2 desserts often too:) Yes...we LOVED the food!

Pool: This is where I was frustrated - but not with Celebrity or the staff - other passengers are downright rude and inconsiderate! If you want a chair, get up at 7:00! The pool staff tried often to remove towels, but they would not remove them if there were personal belongings on the chairs. We saw so many chairs not being occupied for HOURS! Just plain rude! Pool staff and bar staff were great!

Activities and Entertainment: In my opinion, this cruise seemed geared toward teens on up with line dancing, golf putting, bags, volleyball etc by the pool and discos, trivias, comedians, and productions at night. The comedians were hilarious as well as the life activity shows in the evening. The silent disco was the most fun! They had it twice and we went twice! Sue Denning, the Cruise Director was a riot! Her sidekick, Crystal needs to chill a bit though - she came off witchy at times.

This was an Eastern Caribbean cruise. The ports are still devastated as no hotels are operational to the public yet. However, the beaches, shops and people are readily there to welcome you with a genuine smile and they are there to serve! Beaches were amazing as was service on the beaches!

Catholic Services: We were elated to find a Catholic priest who said daily mass - AND even said Easter Sunday mass the Saturday night beforehand as he knew we would be disembarking. Great service!

We will definately be sailing with Celebrity again - we wouldn't even hesitate to do this very same ship and itinerary!

Same ship,same itinerary 2 weeks earlier. Pretty much the same review except we didn't eat at any of the specialties. Plus we were lowly balcony folks. Liked it well enough that we booked Reflection for 2019 and are researching Summit for 2020 with our granddaughters.

What a lovely positive review, clear and concise and accurately reflects our review of our recent Caribbean cruise on Eclipse. We have been on Eclipse with Sue Denning and yes she is superb. We have just booked Silhouette for next year and am so looking forward to sailing on her. Thank you for your post and I hope you have many more positive cruises to enjoy.

Thanks so much for your informative and positive review. We board Silhouette in June (in our first Concierge cabin) and it’s lovely to read some positive comments about the Concierge luncheon, MDR food and ship staff. We had a great time on Silhouette in 2013, and we’re hoping to do so again. We’ve not met Sue Denning, but having heard such wonderful things about her, we were pleased to learn that she’s the CD on our cruise. I hope all your cruises are as great as this one has been for you:).

We were on the same cruise. I agree chair hogs were terrible. We sit on deck 14 not even by the pool and if you don’t have chairs by 9am you won’t get them. Food in main dining room was good..waiter was okay but have had better. We had issues with tablemate assignments...people sitting at table who weren’t supposed to then new people being assigned to table forcing one couple to sit at a different table one night...not a big deal but got a bit awkward with maître d making everyone show their sea pass cards then telling one couple that they weren’t allowed back at our table. We asked if they could just add 2 more chairs to accommodate everyone but they wouldn’t do it.

Most of the shows were good to great except the pearl which while the singing was good I had no clue what was going on..we ran into other people felt the same. They had a band on last night that did 60s music..can’t remember their name but thought they were the best show we have ever seen on a cruise! Audience was dancing and singing. The place was rocking...I think it was too much for the old crowd but we loved it. We had dinner at lawn club night we were in San Juan and it was good even for vegetarian Hubble. All in all a great cruise!

Thanks for the review, we board her at the end of May and can't wait. We experienced Sue on the Eclipse and she was great. I'm not normally bothered about the cruise director but she stood out. Loved the description 'witchy and chill a bit'.

• 4 weeks later...

We are glad that you enjoyed your cruise. We have been on the Millenium and the Equinox and enjoyed them very much. We will be on the Silhouette coming up in January and are counting down the days. We moved from New Hampshire to Florida in October and it is unique going from warm weather to warm weather. Hopefully, the weather will be nice in January. When we cruised out of New Orleans in January it was a bit chilly. We love Celebrity and will not think of going to another.

Thanks so much for your informative and positive review. We board Silhouette in June (in our first Concierge cabin) and it’s lovely to read some positive comments about the Concierge luncheon, MDR food and ship staff. We had a great time on Silhouette in 2013, and we’re hoping to do so again. We’ve not met Sue Denning, but having heard such wonderful things about her, we were pleased to learn that she’s the CD on our cruise. I hope all your cruises are as great as this one has been for you:).

Can i ask how you found out that Sue Denning is on your cruise? We are on Silhouette in Sep out of Southampton

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for this review - we sail on Silhouette for the first time in March 2019 - we have met Sue Denning before on Eclipse and she was fantastic. Hope we enjoy this one just as much :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Thank you so much for this review - we sail on Silhouette for the first time in March 2019 - we have met Sue Denning before on Eclipse and she was fantastic. Hope we enjoy this one just as much :D

Hi there. Which sailing in March? We just booked March 24, 2019.:)