Canine of the Seas....yet another dog on ship

Correct me if I'm wrong, I think Royal only allows service animals...period.

Emotional support animals are not classified as service animals under the ADA (I think).

So...I'm thinking the only animals to be seen on Royal would be service animals unless someone lied.

I would think Royal has a general policy somewhere that states lying is not acceptable with them.

That would mean a person would risk getting kicked off the ship.

Unreal. I think I know the one on Anthem you mentioned as I encountered it as well. Best of luck avoiding any poop!!

Yep unreal. Unreal that people have nothing better to do, on their vacation than complain about a dog, that from what I can tell did not impact the OP. Well, except that they were so overwhelmed with wanting to spread it that they had to jump online and do so. Seems like a sad life to me.

I have no problem with ANY Support Animal, as long as it DRESSES FOR FORMAL NIGHT![ATTACH]419696[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree. We need a little humor every so often.

f5d1dc3af5cddd8942fb79950b562b95.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ADA does not matter or apply to cruise ships as they are not American vessels nor are they owned by American companies. A cruise line need not fear the same legal ramifications as a US restaurant or movie theatre etc for making policies against animals that are not the highest level of documented service animals.

I have PTSD and have an anxiety disorder, my companion animal helps me out a lot. My companion animal is well behaved. Would you rather experience one of my episodes if I didn’t have my dog or not experience an episode because I had my dog? It is your vacation after all, isn’t a cruise about relaxation and being stress free? Shouldn’t we all enjoy that?

I have PTSD and have an anxiety disorder, my companion animal helps me out a lot. My companion animal is well behaved. Would you rather experience one of my episodes if I didn’t have my dog or not experience an episode because I had my dog? It is your vacation after all, isn’t a cruise about relaxation and being stress free? Shouldn’t we all enjoy that?

As long as your dog is well behaved and listens on command. Usually te allergy issue can be solved by taking a damp cloth or towel and wiping down the dog or cat. What most people are allergic to is not the animals fur it is the saliva.

thank you for posting the links; however, the second one is not working or maybe I need to use Chrome and not Microsoft Edge

Ramona

Yep unreal. Unreal that people have nothing better to do, on their vacation than complain about a dog, that from what I can tell did not impact the OP. Well, except that they were so overwhelmed with wanting to spread it that they had to jump online and do so. Seems like a sad life to me.

i so agree- if it bothers a person that much then stay home! I have too many fun things to do that i don't need to worry about someone else's dog unless it attacks me. LOL

We just returned from the Freedom of the Seas on April 14th. I do not know how many service, therapy or emotional support animals may have been on board. Only one raised our interest. It was a Standard poodle, tightly clipped and the dog's coat had been dyed to resemble multiple other animals (cheetahs, zebras, leopards etc.)

The dog obviously was not a trained Service Dog. While in the dining room for breakfast, here comes the dog on a leash, leading it's owners past our table. At our table the dog stopped and licked the food on our plates! This was in full view of the owners and the dining room staff . The waiters apologized profusely and took the plates away, and the owners just continued walking, on apology or anything. Obviously the dining room staff has been trained, but not the dog nor the owners.

We just returned from the Freedom of the Seas on April 14th. I do not know how many service, therapy or emotional support animals may have been on board. Only one raised our interest. It was a Standard poodle, tightly clipped and the dog's coat had been dyed to resemble multiple other animals (cheetahs, zebras, leopards etc.)

The dog obviously was not a trained Service Dog. While in the dining room for breakfast, here comes the dog on a leash, leading it's owners past our table. At our table the dog stopped and licked the food on our plates! This was in full view of the owners and the dining room staff . The waiters apologized profusely and took the plates away, and the owners just continued walking, on apology or anything. Obviously the dining room staff has been trained, but not the dog nor the owners.

Did you file a complaint with guest services? If not, why not?

Did you have the plates on the floor or did the big scary poodle jump up on the table?

Thank you for your service and our freedom.

You should absolutely be entitled to bring your dog along. Some people love to find something to complain about, but a veteran with conditions caused by fighting for our country shouldn’t be one of them.

Again hats off and I salute you!

Enjoy your next vacation wherever you go.

Gross. Very rude dog owner for not apologizing.

9d42d3b4377d1687014d6ce53404ef95.jpg

Ptsd Service Duck??? now I have heard it all;p

mike

You should absolutely be entitled to bring your dog along. Some people love to find something to complain about, but a veteran with conditions caused by fighting for our country shouldn’t be one of them.

Sam,

The poster made no indication That he/She/It was in the Armed Forces or was a Disabled Vet....PTSD can be acquired by Sexual Assault,Tramatic Episodes Etc...Many older vets like myself(Cold War/Desert Storm ) Think these newer vets with PTSD dogs are Self Entitiled.$@#&%

Mike

Edited by mpdog42
spelling

I cant stand people that abuse the system in order to get their PET onboard a cruise ship. Period. That is generally the case in every instance this gets brought up and it makes ALL of us that have legit service dogs look bad :mad:

I have a 7 year old Labrador Retriever fully trained as a service dog. as well as a trained hunting retriever. When I put her vest on, she knows its work time. She can pick up things I drop, pull me in my wheelchair, fetch things like shoes, keys etc and several other tasks that help me tremendously as a paralyzed individual my activities of daily living. With that said, Im not a blind man that REQUIRES my dog to be around me at all times and honestly, just like having children, I need a break once in a while. Allie does not go on cruises with me because 1. Its too close quartered on cruise ships, too many people and its not fair to her. 2. Because I dont REQUIRE her to be with me at all times, again, I look at it as a vacation. 3. There are all kinds of hoops you have to jump through to take them off the ship and 4. I try to have to respect for my fellow cruise guests that may have a fear or allergies of dogs.

She enjoys a full week at her trainers house running, swimming and playing with 15 other Labs and is always beside herself happy to see me when I get back.

You are assuming facts not in evidence. Unless I missed something, the poster has not attributed his/her condition to military service. Obviously that does not lessen their condition and if they truly need the benefits of a service animal they should take the animal wherever necessary.

Nonetheless, they also need to be respectful of other passengers as there are people who are frightened or allergic to certain animals. It seems that the major grip is against those who are abusing the system in order to take Fido on the cruise vacation that he has dreamed of since being a little puppy.

Also, some service animals are required at home when the person is alone but not when they are accompanied by family.

Sam,

The poster made no indication That he/She/It was in the Armed Forces or was a Disabled Vet....PTSD can be acquired by Sexual Assault,Tramatic Episodes Etc...Many older vets like myself(Cold War/Desert Storm ) Think these newer vets with PTSD dogs are Self Entitiled Clowns

Mike

Thank you too for your service! The same goes to all veterans who read this post!

Correct me if I'm wrong' date=' I think Royal only allows service animals...period.

Emotional support animals are not classified as service animals under the ADA (I think).

So...I'm thinking the only animals to be seen on Royal would be service animals unless someone lied.

I would think Royal has a general policy somewhere that states lying is not acceptable with them.

That would mean a person would risk getting kicked off the ship.[/quote']

You are pretty much correct in everything you said. Royal Caribbean COULD do something about this but they choose not to in the name of not offending anyone. They can ask if the dog is required because of a disability and what task has the dog been trained to perform. If the owner cant answer these questions, Royal could deny boarding. They wont do it so they are just as much to blame as the selfish pet owner is.

A service dog must be housebroken, non-aggressive, and not display repeated, unprovoked barking. They must also either be on a leash at all times, or under verbal or sight commands that they follow at all times.

It was a veteran's dog on the United flight that mauled a man. So are you saying that because the man was a vet (I believe so was the victim, I could be wrong), the man and delta should eat the medical expenses incurred from the mauling?

It's not about the dogs, it's about the animals not being properly trained.

Ramona

Sam,

The poster made no indication That he/She/It was in the Armed Forces or was a Disabled Vet....PTSD can be acquired by Sexual Assault,Tramatic Episodes Etc...Many older vets like myself(Cold War/Desert Storm ) Think these newer vets with PTSD dogs are Self Entitiled.$@#&%

Mike

Are you serious? Newer vets have had to watch people get killed/be in active combat zones too. Serving in the military in any capacity is exactly the opposite of being entitled since they're potentially giving up their lives for you.