How are the beds?

Obits

I am curious as to the beds on the Anthem. I have bad hips and must have a soft bed. Will this be an issue? What can be done? Thanks

I can't speak for Anthem, but on the Radiance class they are are hard and I have asked for extra padding and they have brought it.

I love beds that are like concrete .I am so happy to hear this about the Anthem.

Agree, I have bad back and Firm is good, if too soft I'll sleep on floor. My kids love Allure bed they had. Unfortunately can't please everyone. A bed that's firm could be too soft for another.

Okay, so here are a few things to keep in mind....

Contacting Special Needs will get you a return email promising that a mattress topper will be placed on your bed when you board. Keep in mind that this mattress topper is nothing more than folded duvets, so it does nothing to soften the bed. The egg crate mattress toppers that RC used to provide, have been banned for health reasons. This is why I always bring my own. The one I bought can easily be found on Amazon and weighs just one pound - it fits in my carry on and takes 10-12 breaths to inflate (it is the Klymit Static V).

There are firm beds (which I like, because I sleep on one at home) and then there are beds that are like a rock with no give whatsoever - this is the type of bed I had on Anthem in January.

Like Robyn, I bought the Klymit inflatables. I think they were $75 a piece but worth the cost. They have a limited lifetime warranty and are very easy no inflate. They roll into a pull string bag about half the size of a rolled up beach towel. Easily fit in our luggage. The mattresses on the ships we frequent, Liberty, Vision, are complete junk. We request an extra blanket and sheet and use the comforter and sheet on top of the air mattresses. It works very well. I wish I would have bought them sooner.

Contacting Special Needs will get you a return email promising that a mattress topper will be placed on your bed when you board. Keep in mind that this mattress topper is nothing more than folded duvets, so it does nothing to soften the bed. The egg crate mattress toppers that RC used to provide, have been banned for health reasons. This is why I always bring my own. The one I bought can easily be found on Amazon and weighs just one pound - it fits in my carry on and takes 10-12 breaths to inflate (it is the Klymit Static V).

There are firm beds (which I like, because I sleep on one at home) and then there are beds that are like a rock with no give whatsoever - this is the type of bed I had on Anthem in January.

I agree with this 100 percent

Thank you for your response. I will check out the travel air mattress on Amazon.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app

My wife always contacts special needs to ask for a egg crate. They always promise, rarely deliver. We bring out own air mattress. It's much better than what you get from RCI anyway. Besides, if it's important to you, you should bring your own. Why take a chance on having your vacation tainted.

We founds the beds very hard. However, once I finally feel asleep, I slept just as good as at home on our fancy mattress. Maybe even better, due to the alcohol and the ship rocking! I'd rather have an extra firm bed than an extra soft one which sags and has me wake up with a sore back. I'm guessing these extra firm ones have a longer lifespan.