Live from the Prinsendam - 28 day Azores and Celtic Explorer - May 5th, 2018

kazu

Hi Jacqui,

Question, I have our menu from Sel de Mer and for an additional $25.00 you can have the seafood tower which was served on a large 3 stacked platter with ice and we had shrimp, all kinds of muscles, lobster, clams and oysters. Did they serve that also or did they not have that on the menu? We so enjoyed that. Great pics!

Denise:)

Hey Jacqui - you mentioned that Adagio is a duet. Do you know their names? We had a fantastic duet on the world cruise. David was the violinist and the pianist’s name I can’t recall. They’re from Eastern Europe and have been working together for a long time. Since the Amsterdam has been in dry dock it made me wonder where they might have been assigned, if at all.

Any pictures of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sel de Mer on this ship is WONDERFUL

Que est ce que c'est, le Sel de Mer? Is it like Maldon Sea Salt?

addendum: I have found your post https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=56048376&postcount=391 now which explains it. Do they use the Pinacle Grill for it, or use another location?

Edited by jgw321

Even the Canaletto offers a specialty dining night:

933ecd1d80a65e5cdeb58315cee9ae10.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have not heard of this special menu before...was it advertised or mentioned anywhere before the date? Thinking of doing the Canaletto on our next cruise and may want to try this one vs. the regular menu.

I've had a more detailed look at the Horta web cam now. It seems not to be a live feed, but takes a picture every so often. On top of that it faces east, straight into the sun, so I may not be able to capture anything worthwhile. Good news is that we are an hour ahead so I don't need to be up until 8:30. I should have added an hour, not subtracted it.

Weather getting better?

I think it must be Allan, they've stopped talking about it. Jacqui posted a picture somewhere the other day where the sea looked pretty flat.

That block party sounds a great idea for cruises where the roll call never gets going. With this one they were friends already or acquainted at FtL before boarding, but they still seem to have found it good fun.

Oh those menus look incredible. We have not seen the special Canelletto menu before, wondering about those bottom mushrooms ;)

The block party sounds fun as does your wine tasting. We had a fun cocktail party when we had a Neptune and those rooms are huge, especially if you have the aft wrap. We need a picture of you too!

I have not heard of this special menu before...was it advertised or mentioned anywhere before the date? Thinking of doing the Canaletto on our next cruise and may want to try this one vs. the regular menu.

I hadn't seen this menu before either.

It wasn't advertised before the cruise.

The menu was delivered to our room on the day I posted it so just a very few days into the cruise and it is scheduled for 3 days from now.

Oh those menus look incredible. We have not seen the special Canelletto menu before, wondering about those bottom mushrooms ;)

The block party sounds fun as does your wine tasting. We had a fun cocktail party when we had a Neptune and those rooms are huge, especially if you have the aft wrap. We need a picture of you too!

There's no aft wrap Neptune on the P'dam. But, we managed to have 26 people quite easily.

All that food looks great. Block party sounds like fun. Weather getting better?

Allan

Weather was beautiful for a few days. A tad cool in Horta but still nice. Block party was a blast.

Hey Jacqui - you mentioned that Adagio is a duet. Do you know their names? We had a fantastic duet on the world cruise. David was the violinist and the pianist’s name I can’t recall. They’re from Eastern Europe and have been working together for a long time. Since the Amsterdam has been in dry dock it made me wonder where they might have been assigned, if at all.

Any pictures of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Sherita,

I haven't gotten pics yet but I will get pics of them for you and the names. She looks like the same violinist we had on the Rotterdam but I don't want to swear to it.

I bought a new internet package yesterday under DH's name and go figure, I couldn't get into Cruise Critic.

So, now I am in catch up mode.

My first order of business though was to email our company in Bristol to cancel our tour that we were SO looking forward to.

I don't want to try DH's patience, so we are carrying on in Horta and I will find more wifi later and try to catch up.

I bought a new internet package yesterday under DH's name and go figure, I couldn't get into Cruise Critic.

So, now I am in catch up mode.

My first order of business though was to email our company in Bristol to cancel our tour that we were SO looking forward to.

I don't want to try DH's patience, so we are carrying on in Horta and I will find more wifi later and try to catch up.

Jacqui,

You bought the ship's internet? I had no trouble getting on CC on Zaandam, [only getting the live streaming sites to 'move']. I wonder what would cause your current problem with CC? Do you have premium?

Carole

Jacqui,

You bought the ship's internet? I had no trouble getting on CC on Zaandam, [only getting the live streaming sites to 'move']. I wonder what would cause your current problem with CC? Do you have premium?

Carole

Hi Carole,

Yes I bought the ship's internet. No choice with 8 days at sea ;)

I had no problem the other days but yesterday it was CC that was the problem I think.

When safari didn't work, I hit tapatalk and it said that the forum had an error. So, I think the issue was CC and not the ship's internet. Ship's internet has been working pretty well considering it's ship internet.

Prinsendam's internet is the minute plan. NO unlimited.