Summit vs Silhouette HONEYMOON - which would you choose?

I am planning our honeymoon and new to Celebrity. Our NCL Dawn Honeymoon cruise itinerary changed and now is going to ABC islands which we did last year and not as many Southern islands which is my goal.

Trying to choose between 7 night Summit out of San Juan or 12 night Silhouette out of Ft. Lauderdale

With flights and a couple days in San Juan the price ends up being about the same.

We are budget cruisers and cruise in the highest category inside (unless I get a killer deal on Balcony) and splurge on specialty restaurants. We cruise primarily for ports and exploring those ports which is where we spend our money and are rarely ever hanging out on the ship except sea days. In the evenings we are usually socializing and maybe get a few shows in if comedy or theatrical. Early to bed and early to rise.

Summit 7 nights- St Croix, St Maarten, Dominica, Grenada, Barbados

Silhouette 12 nights- St. Thomas, St Maarten, St Lucia, Grenada, Barbados, Dominica & St Kitts

That being said, I know opinions are subjective but am hearing nightmare stories about Summit. I don't want to fly and be disappointed.

What would you pick?

Priority on this cruise would be 1) Ports 2)Food 3)Included amenities

We have an onboard spending budget of $1000 to include drinks and specialty restaurants

I've sailed on both ships. I do love the Summit and never found an issue with the ship or crew. The Silhouette I've done the last two springs. In this case I would probably go with the Silhouette, there is something about the S class ships. Also if you are going to do specialty dining the Silly has a few more options that the Summit. Also the ease of getting to FL and the unknow about the state of Puerto Rico for the extra couple of days you may stay also would sway my decision. You really can't go wrong with either one IMO.

Nightmare stories?? Please tell me where you are reading these?

We have been on the Summit 4 out of the last 5 years and couldn't be happier sailing her! Her crew is one of the best at sea

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just go the CC reviews for starters. Now again everything is subjective but I cruise for what is included and add specialty dining a few nights on my previous cruises.

People are saying the food at MDR is cold and bland. They felt they were not up to X standards etc.

I know the ship is older. I read they charge for a comedy show. I read they nickel and dime you.

I don't have any super high expectations when I cruise and always have a great time but food is one of my points of focus.

Lost my post...

Silhouette would be our def pick..

Newer more updated ship, younger vibe .great pool area, nice buffet layout, beautiful solarium, many places to relax and socialize..more dining choices

No need for Silho itin to fly to San Juan or deal with issues relating to that or pre cruise hotels or ongoing post storm issues..

Islands overlap somewhat but St Thomas is better than St Croix...much more to do...beaches, snorkel, lunch, shoppiig...both have some storm issues but St Croix ( other than resorts) was run down in many spots before the storm..awful port area!

St Lucia and St Kitts are both great bonus ports...lots to do or just relax.

Enjoy your honeymoon whatever you pick...

I have sailed the Summit out of San Juan several times and have no problems with the ship. But for a honeymoon I would go with the Silhouette. The ship is nicer and newer.

If you are looking at inside cabins, we did our first inside cabin on the Silhouette last fall. Wonderful room. It was larger than the Concierge cabin we switched to on our B2B. We were in cabin 9256 and our DIL was in 1092, both category 9 inside cabins. Great locations close to the elevators. These insides are more square than rectangle and make the room very large. A chair instead of the loveseat in the balcony cabins.

Hi again, I replied to your post on the Silhouette Roll Call, but didn't know you were also considering the Summit. We've sailed both, and although we enjoyed Summit, would definitely choose Silhouette for several reasons. One reason is the longer itinerary more ports visited and departure from Ft. Lauderdale instead of PR, which still has post hurricane issues. The second and more important is the dining options available are more attractive on Silhouette, which is an S-Class ship. The specialty restaurants feature our favorite, Murano as well as The Lawn Club Grille, The Porch, Tuscan Grille, Qsine and Sushi on 5 as opposed to Summit which I believes only has Tuscan, Qsine and Sushi on 5. Secondly, although the offerings at the buffet may be similar across the board on Celebrity ships, the open, island layout of the buffet on S-class ships is much easier to access and navigate.

I have also sailed both ships multiple times..........If I can cruise for 5 extra nights? Silhouette wins but FYI. I have sailed Summit at least 1/2 dozen times and always had good experiences so no nightmares from me.

I am planning our honeymoon and new to Celebrity. Our NCL Dawn Honeymoon cruise itinerary changed and now is going to ABC islands which we did last year and not as many Southern islands which is my goal.

Trying to choose between 7 night Summit out of San Juan or 12 night Silhouette out of Ft. Lauderdale

With flights and a couple days in San Juan the price ends up being about the same.

We are budget cruisers and cruise in the highest category inside (unless I get a killer deal on Balcony) and splurge on specialty restaurants. We cruise primarily for ports and exploring those ports which is where we spend our money and are rarely ever hanging out on the ship except sea days. In the evenings we are usually socializing and maybe get a few shows in if comedy or theatrical. Early to bed and early to rise.

Summit 7 nights- St Croix, St Maarten, Dominica, Grenada, Barbados

Silhouette 12 nights- St. Thomas, St Maarten, St Lucia, Grenada, Barbados, Dominica & St Kitts

That being said, I know opinions are subjective but am hearing nightmare stories about Summit. I don't want to fly and be disappointed.

What would you pick?

Priority on this cruise would be 1) Ports 2)Food 3)Included amenities

We have an onboard spending budget of $1000 to include drinks and specialty restaurants

You have asked the same question here on CC on multiple threads. On the previous one that you started everybody that answered you were quite positive about Summit. So why are you using the term "nightmare stories" here on this thread? Both Summit and Silhouette are great ships. I have sailed both. Enjoy your honeymoon.

You have asked the same question here on CC on multiple threads. On the previous one that you started everybody that answered you were quite positive about Summit. So why are you using the term "nightmare stories" here on this thread? Both Summit and Silhouette are great ships. I have sailed both. Enjoy your honeymoon.

I started reading reviews after my original posts. I apologize for my "nightmare stories" comment and retract that comment, as actually I was confused with another ship I was considering on a different line. Cruising is subjective. I just got off the 2 night Classica having thought that I would have encountered a bunch of issues and was pleasantly surprised.

I want my honeymoon to be perfect so hence multiple inquiries in different areas as I had not considered sailing out of a home port because I did not think they did the itineraries I wanted to go on.

We have been on both and LOVED both, but I would definitely go with the Silhouette. I would prefer to take a longer cruise than spend extra time in San Juan because we have been there a few times.....and the longer flight. I’m curious to hear about Dominica. We have been there and enjoyed it, but it was totally devastated by the hurricane last September. I didn’t realize they were up and going again. With way you will have a blast! Congratulations!