Are 18 year old allowed in the dance club?

CruisingOcean

For the first time I will be traveling with an 18 year old who lobes to dance. Will she be allowed in the disco? Someone said they will but at some point check id's and only let 21 year olds and over stay. Anyone know how this works? We will be on the Paradise.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Forums mobile app

I think the question has to do with when they run the little kids out and turn the club over to the adults. I think they don't have a bouncer at the door checking IDs... if it gets checked at all it would be by the bartender when ordering alcohol.

I would just not worry about it. Should be no problem just to go dancing there at any time.

Were they checking adults IDs or just there to keep the peace, and making sure a 10 year old did not get in?

They are there checking ID's.

If you're over 70, they take a guess that you might be over 21.

If you look to be on the cusp, they will ask for ID.

They are there checking ID's.

If you're over 70, they take a guess that you might be over 21.

If you look to be on the cusp, they will ask for ID.

And that ID will not be your seapass. They will actually ask for a driver's license (both my daughter and niece had this happen and they were well over 21).

The dance club/ disco is the only location on the ship where you have to produce personal identification to enter that venue. The dance club usually opens around 10:30PM and adults eighteen or older are welcome. As for alcohol, you have to be twenty one or older to be served. If an adult purchases alcohol for anyone less than twenty one and is caught doing so the entire family is subject to be removed from the ship and is responsible for transportation home on their own dime.

• 2 weeks later...

I have traveled with my granddaughter recently who was 19 and 20 at the time. She danced all night in the clubs but could not purchase alcohol nor did she try. She did not carry ID on her and was with her 27 year old Auntie.

If she wishes to attend the adult comedy shows or the Quest game proof of age may also be checked at the door, but it is generally done by entertainment staff members.

Never seen anyone get carded at comedy shows or at quest.

Yes, your 18 year old will be allowed in. The disco is 18+

Yes, there are usually security guards at the door.

Yes, they check IDs. So tell your 18 year old to have her's with her. (Drivers license, state ID, Passport Card with DOB are all accepted)

Once again, I am happy to see someone post this as I was accused of lying when I stated that both my daughter and niece who were well into their twenties needed a photo ID to enter the dance club and a 21+ singles event.

Someone else posted a similar stated several months ago about their son also needed a photo ID to enter the club.

So my PVP says they will do a sweep of the club once alcohol begins to be served and that all under 21 will be asked to leave. Anyone have any personal experience with this?

I have seen them do the sweep of the club. We are "Bar Flies":o , and do the late night club. We have also sailed 4 different cruise lines, and on ALL 4 of them they have security at the front door of the club checking ID. I am pretty sure it is 21+ after a certain time on all cruise lines, but for sure RCCL and Princess was 21+. I will have to find, but took a pic of the sign in front of the doors on the Ruby Princess saying 21+.

Never seen anyone get carded at comedy shows or at quest.

Yet I have, on several sailings though not always. So all that proves is different cruise and crew, different experiences for the passengers.

I have seen them do the sweep of the club. We are "Bar Flies":o , and do the late night club. We have also sailed 4 different cruise lines, and on ALL 4 of them they have security at the front door of the club checking ID. I am pretty sure it is 21+ after a certain time on all cruise lines, but for sure RCCL and Princess was 21+. I will have to find, but took a pic of the sign in front of the doors on the Ruby Princess saying 21+.

On carnival they're checking to make sure you're 18+

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1061/~/age-restrictions-on-board

For the first time I will be traveling with an 18 year old who lobes to dance. Will she be allowed in the disco? Someone said they will but at some point check id's and only let 21 year olds and over stay. Anyone know how this works? We will be on the Paradise.

On carnival they're checking to make sure you're 18+

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1061/~/age-restrictions-on-board

CruisingOcean...Saint Greg attached the link with Carnival's policy, it appears she can get in for dancing since she's 18, but won't be allowed to drink. It might be a good idea to print this out and have it with you...just in case. ;)

• 3 months later...
Once again, I am happy to see someone post this as I was accused of lying when I stated that both my daughter and niece who were well into their twenties needed a photo ID to enter the dance club and a 21+ singles event.

Someone else posted a similar stated several months ago about their son also needed a photo ID to enter the club.

It's nice to have someone back you up :)

I was on the Vista 3 weeks ago, and now noticed them scanning Sail and Sign cards at the door of the Adult Comedy Shows and the "club" (very poor setup on the vista for their club, don't get me started lol)

So, I'm not sure if IDs are still needed since they scan now. But if unsure, I suggest to still bring it until you find out you don't need it.

It's nice to have someone back you up :)

I was on the Vista 3 weeks ago, and now noticed them scanning Sail and Sign cards at the door of the Adult Comedy Shows and the "club" (very poor setup on the vista for their club, don't get me started lol)

So, I'm not sure if IDs are still needed since they scan now. But if unsure, I suggest to still bring it until you find out you don't need it.

On Dream the week before last they were scanning S&S cards at the adult comedy show...not everyone just young looking ones. Not sure if they were scanning at the night club or not but they did have two security people at the door.

If she wishes to attend the adult comedy shows or the Quest game proof of age may also be checked at the door, but it is generally done by entertainment staff members.

Never seen this happen at either event.

The ID checks at the door of the dance clubs serve to keep those underage out, and provide an appearance of an exclusive event.

My son (18) and his girlfriend (19) went to the club every night on the Magic in June. I just asked him and he said they had the S&S cards swiped for entry but that was all. No other id needed and were not kicked out at any time. This was our first cruise with one 18-21 so I cannot say it is always the same on every ship.