Is Azamara All Inclusive?

sunny2runner

We are considering Azamara and Silversea for a extended cruise.

Silversea is very clear that all things are included in price (drinks, gratuities, wifi) but I can't seem to find on Azamara if all of things are included in the price.

We are currently in the research phase of planning our trip and not ready to reach out to sales rep or TA as they tend to hound you after you inquire.

Anyone info we can find here would be much appreciated :cool:

Wifi is extra although suites get a fixed quantity of minutes included. Booze and wine included but you can also buy packages if you are picky about quality as the included stuff is basically well drinks. Better bottled water (eg. Pellegrino) is extra. Soft drinks included. Gratuities are included. Coffee drinks are included (latte, cappuccino, etc.).

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Forums mobile app

The list of included drinks is here https://www.azamaraclubcruises.co.uk/booked-guests/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

Speciality restaurants are extra ($30pp) but the food in the main dining room is excellent. There is a free laundry room with soap powder included.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Silversea is very clear that all things are included in price (drinks, gratuities, wifi) but I can't seem to find on Azamara if all of things are included in the price.

We are currently in the research phase of planning our trip and not ready to reach out to sales rep or TA as they tend to hound you after you inquire.

Welcome sunny2runner! Thank you for considering Azamara.

Here’s a link to a webpage that lists everything included by stateroom and suite: https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/life-onboard/inclusive-amenities

We look forward to welcoming you aboard soon!

I suggestion. that can save you thousands... DO NOT book with any cruise line directly. Find and use an agent who will give you not less than an 8% discount or cash rebate for your business ( there are many who do but many who do not) A sales agent for the line will never give you a good deal. You need a commission based independent agent who is willing to show his appreciation to you in $$$$

ALL inclusive depends upon what you are expecting. For example if YOU ARE a scotch drinker the only Scotch offered in the"free" package is Cutty Sark...nasty stuff...so you would have to buy better scotch to your liking or upgrade to a premium drink package.

You are comparing apples and oranges between those two lines. I have done cruises on Seabourn (luxury), Azamara (Premium) and mainstream (NCL) and while Azamara was nice it didn't hold a candle to a luxury line such as Silversea. There are still lots of add ons with Azamara that turned me off. I wouldn't hesitate to sail with them again because I did really like the later port departure times and Azamazing evenings. Some of the things I noticed

The entry-level balcony cabin on Aza was the same size as a regular balcony cabin on any mainstream line though it definitely included some nicer finishes and linens. Everyone kept saying that if you want to compare to Seabourn then you should book a Continental suite or higher. Once I started pricing out that suite it was more expensive than Seabourn and still smaller than a regular balcony on Seabourn.

The MDR food was a slight step above the mainstream lines but it wasn't nearly as refined as Seabourn. The Azamara specialty restaurants that have an upcharge were very good to excellent but having to pay more just seems to cheapen the experience for me.

The all-inclusive drink menu is much more restrictive on Azamara. I drink wine almost exclusively as my alcohol of choice and there were two whites and two reds daily. The 4 seemed random and not well thought out. One day both reds were Spanish reds and one day there were two different chardonnays. Why not try to pick 4 wines that are more different. Seabourn always had some wines of the day but you could always ask for any of the complimentary wines. The comp list was pretty extensive and easily included 15 different offerings. Some of the Azamara wines I sampled were downright undrinkable. I am not super picky but found so many of the daily selections pretty bad that we ended up purchasing bottles of wine several nights at dinner just to get something that complemented our dinner. The choices of beer were pretty weak too with only Bud, Bud Light and Becks.

The luxury line staff are just better trained and have better polish. The Azamara staff were all very friendly but it really lacked a personal touch.

The choices of beer were pretty weak too with only Bud, Bud Light and Becks.

It interesting that you mentioned the included beers. Azamara's online information about Complimentary Beverages states "Our inclusive amenities feature select spirits, international beers and a changing selection of wines". The listed beers (Bud, Bud Light and Becks) that are purchased in the western hemisphere are all brewed by Anheuser-Busch in Saint Louis, Missouri. That means any of these beers purchased by Azamara in this hemisphere are technically all American "domestic". I know this is a minor point but there have been successful lawsuits in recent years in the USA (for refunds and) prohibiting the misleading use of the international terminology on the labeling of Becks products. I just wish some good cost-effective international beers would be included, at the complimentary level. That is the end of my trivia rant.

I am actually really looking forward to my first cruise on Azamara, this year.

Edited by NorthWestPassage

On Azamara if you don’t like todays wines, you can ask for a wine from a previous day and they will do their best to find it. There is also a Rose and sparking wine every day, so 6 main wines to choose from, plus wines offered on previous days.

I’m surprised you were offered 2 chardonnays on any one day - I can’t remember that happening to us. In January whites were usually 2 different wines from a Chardonnay, a Sauvignon blanc, or a Pinot Grigio with occasional other options such as a dry Reisling. We found the rose a good option too - a dry rose and very drinkable.

On Azamara if you don’t like todays wines, you can ask for a wine from a previous day and they will do their best to find it. There is also a Rose and sparking wine every day, so 6 main wines to choose from, plus wines offered on previous days.

I’m surprised you were offered 2 chardonnays on any one day - I can’t remember that happening to us. In January whites were usually 2 different wines from a Chardonnay, a Sauvignon blanc, or a Pinot Grigio with occasional other options such as a dry Reisling. We found the rose a good option too - a dry rose and very drinkable.

The wines on Azamara are quite drinkable, but really aren’t the best and an example is that they have often passed their recommended best before drink by date. For me they are fine, but having sailed Windstar (and paid the price of a beverage package) the offers are way better than Azamara. You pays your money and takes your choice, but I won’t be kidded that I’m getting top drawer wine on Azamara. As I said they are drinkable, but not in the same class.

Phil

I’d agree with you - drinkable, but not ‘top drawer’.

On our recent Quest cruise we found some of the included wines very poor and two chardonnays where offered on the same day..

We purchased some better wines when in the Speciality Restaurants.

I won't same anything about the included Whisky has I have debated that with Grandma before and I know we don't agree.

Excursions are extra , but apart from that I came off a 15 night cruise with a £0.00 bill and that has never happened to us before.

I also liked the way that the menu was adapted when the chef had been to local markets in the ports:

Cheese from Honfleur

Fish Special from St John’s Newfoundland.

Although served in Windows cafe, you could order from the MDR.

The OP who started the thread wanted to compare all-inclusive on Silver Sea Vs. Azamara. I hope someone can do that. Not me, as no experience with Silver Seas.

I can compare Azamara with Silversea as I sail both and in some area's there really is no comparison.

While I enjoy the included Azamara wines they are certainly not top class wines. Silversea included wines are top class....as is the whisky selection Eric. They wouldn't allow the abysmal Cutty Sark onboard! Many good malts available for you.

The food on Silversea is generally wonderful....but the service is sometimes quite pretentious. It has to be said that some, and by no means all, the passengers are a bit pretentious too! :D Read the Silversea forum and you may know who I mean! Azamara good is great too but perhaps just lacks the air of sophistication that Silversea has.

Of course the smaller suites and cabins on Azamara just cannot compare in size and luxury with Silversea.

As for the bathrooms....well Silversea wins hands down there.

I would say that the itineraries are equally diverse and Azamara and Silversea are often in the same ports st the same time but Azamara usually stay longer. Silversea have a great deck party similar to White Night which is usually a lot of fun ...especially if a certain CD is onboard and he knows who I mean.

Both crews are excellent but I feel Azamara have the edge due to the genuine friendliness and feeling of almost being like family now. The atmosphere on Silversea is more formal.

The dress codes are more formal as well but I quite like dressing up for dinner so I enjoy that aspect.

I would cruise both lines in a heartbeat but...all other things being equal, it's Azamara that has always been my first choice. I'm not sure how long that will continue given the recent entertainment changes and price hikes but I still can't wait to get onboard Quest in June.

I have a Celebrity cruise in 10 days to enjoy first though. 😄

I can compare Azamara with Silversea as I sail both and in some area's there really is no comparison.

While I enjoy the included Azamara wines they are certainly not top class wines. Silversea included wines are top class....as is the whisky selection Eric. They wouldn't allow the abysmal Cutty Sark onboard! Many good malts available for you.

The food on Silversea is generally wonderful....but the service is sometimes quite pretentious. It has to be said that some, and by no means all, the passengers are a bit pretentious too! :D Read the Silversea forum and you may know who I mean! Azamara good is great too but perhaps just lacks the air of sophistication that Silversea has.

Of course the smaller suites and cabins on Azamara just cannot compare in size and luxury with Silversea.

I would say that the itineraries are equally diverse and Azamara and Silversea are often in the same ports st the same time but Azamara usually stay longer. Silversea have a great deck party similar to White Night which is usually a lot of fun ...especially if a certain CD is onboard and he knows who I mean.

Both crews are excellent but I feel Azamara have the edge due to the genuine friendliness and feeling of almost being like family now. The atmosphere on Silversea is more formal.

The dress codes are more formal as well but I quite like dressing up for dinner so I enjoy that aspect.

I would cruise both lines in a heartbeat but...all other things being equal, it's Azamara that has always been my first choice. I'm not sure how long that will continue given the recent entertainment changes and price hikes but I still can't wait to get onboard Quest in June.

Excellent information as always Lottie, while we still love Azamara for the reasons you mentioned we are looking at alternatives.

By the way Christine enjoyed her shopping in Barcelona.

• 3 weeks later...

Just got off the Quest for our first cruise on Azamara and can only say wonderful things about the line. The deal we got from our agent seemed pretty inclusive. We had no gratuities, premium beverage option, unlimited wifi on one device, and a large OBC. We ate 3 times at specialty restaurants. I have never had no final bill before after a completing a cruise and certainly didn't expect to receive the better than $850. refund that appeared virtually immediately on my credit card.

I guess its a matter of booking when promos appear. Not sure how often this occurs. The cruise fare was very reasonable and I thought at the time of booking the offer seemed too good to be true. Azamara provided everything expected and more. Definitely will book Azamara again. Even my wife who complains about almost everything was placated.

It's really quite simple. Silversea is a luxury line. Azamara is not. Even though many say Azamara is luxurious enough for them that doesn't change the fact that it's not a luxury line. A Hyatt is luxurious enough for many as well but that will never make it a Four Seasons.

Just got off the Quest for our first cruise on Azamara and can only say wonderful things about the line. The deal we got from our agent seemed pretty inclusive. We had no gratuities, premium beverage option, unlimited wifi on one device, and a large OBC. We ate 3 times at specialty restaurants. I have never had no final bill before after a completing a cruise and certainly didn't expect to receive the better than $850. refund that appeared virtually immediately on my credit card.

I guess its a matter of booking when promos appear. Not sure how often this occurs. The cruise fare was very reasonable and I thought at the time of booking the offer seemed too good to be true. Azamara provided everything expected and more. Definitely will book Azamara again. Even my wife who complains about almost everything was placated.

Thank you Wheelhouse. So glad you enjoyed your cruise on the Quest.

We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back aboard soon! :ship: