Ever Been Recognized by Carnival Staff?

winddawn

Just curious if any others have stories to share about being recognized by Carnival staff on your current cruise, from previous cruises. Up until this year, I've been cruising Carnival a few times a year from the same port, and often on the same ship. And that's only because I love New Orleans and can get direct flights there to reach my Carnival cruise. That being said, several times in recent years I've been approached by Carnival staff onboard, greeting me because they recognized me from being a previous passenger from another Carnival cruise.

It always amazes me that Carnival staff not only recognize me, but also remember my name from my previous Carnival cruises. These staff interact with thousands of passengers a month, but can remember not only my face, but also my first name. That's incredible! Kudos to Carnival's hard-working staff!

Has that ever happened to you?

Several years ago we took a cruise across the South Pacific on the Legend. Two YEARS later we took a cruise on the Sunshine and one of the lido deck bar guys recognized us, and came over to talk to us before we even noticed him. I was blown away. Over 2 years he must have taken care of tens of thousands of people, yet he remembered our names, noticed our new tattoos and even our brand of beer. I was impressed.

Yes, We've been recognized(and we also recognize them) by wait staff we've had on previous cruises, maitre d's, several hotel directors and one captain.

It is nice to get to know the crew! Since many are required to know our names we try to make it a point to know theirs as well.

It is wonderful to meet and see again so many of the crew and officers on the ships! Thank goodness DH has a good memory for names and places. :D

It was especially nice, recently, when the captain, during his elegant evening toast, wished us a "good evening (names)"

It keeps us cruising; enjoying seeing these friends!

Yes, when the cabin steward knocked on the door of our Splendor Baltic cruise, I opened it and he recognized me as I recognized him from our Freedom Eastern Med two years before. Made the cruise fun!

We have also met up several times with Marko who used to be a somalier but since they don't have them anymore he has a different position. Last I heard he was on the Vista inaugural. Hoping to see him again some day!

Actually been recognized several times mostly by bar waiters. Now I like to pretend it is because I am a good tipper and not because I drink a lot.:)

We were also recognized by a waiter, he remembered my niece and nephews, 2 out o f 3 of their names and actually where we sat on the last cruise we were together. That impressed me!

When my wife and I sailed on the Holiday, for fun we had some photos taken against one of the ugliest, tackiest backgrounds we could find. We asked the photographer to have us pose in the cheesiest poses that he could think of. And we were in tears, laughing and red faced the entire time. The photographer was cracking up with us. And when we saw the photos, we couldn’t stop laughing for the rest of the cruise. They were that bad [emoji23].

Fast forward a few years to a cruise aboard the Liberty, and the photographer at the gangway was the same photographer from the Holiday. As we approached him, we automatically recognized each other. All he said was “You’re that couple!” And he automatically started cracking up and so did we.[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Tapi

Yes! We had sailed on Splendor one February, and the next Feb. sailed her again. The bar attendant at one of the bars recognized us, and without saying a word opened a caffeine-free diet coke for me!

Just happened to us with two different wait staff members on our B2B last month. One was on our wait staff on two different cruises/ships and one was on the same ship two years ago. Just amazing and really a great feeling.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some years ago got to know Jorge Solano (when he was still a CD) on a cruise.

About six months later went on a family cruise on the Glory again and he was still CD. Told my kids he would remember me and they both said no way. He did and we had a nice conversation.

Remarkable with 3000 or so new passengers each week they would remember passengers but very often they do

Yes! Surprisingly on 2 different occasions.

A waiter recognized me and my mom a year later on the same ship.

But most surprising to me was when a security guard stopped me as I was entering the disco and asked if I was on "different ship name" in "3 years before the cruise I was currently on". I said "yes I was", and asked him how he could remember that as it was pretty specific. He told me my face was very memorable. Not sure how I felt about that. Also makes me think, "how crazy did I get on that cruise that security would remember who I was" lol :')

Yes on a few occasions my 2 favorite stories....

We just boarded and the camp staff is always by the doors welcoming the kids, well she took one look at my son and said "Jacob, welcome back!" She was his counselor on a different ship the year prior!

My 2nd favorite is we walked into the dining room on the 1st night of our New Years Eve cruise and the waiter comes to our table, looks at us, and says "your back again!" He was our waiter during spring break, again on a different ship! You just never know :D

Several times it has happened to us, maitre' d, MDR waiters and bar staff but never a room steward.

I was on Splendor 5X in 2014 and had the same cabin steward 3 cruises in a row...LOL