Carnival Dream Flooded

MikeMA

So because it was a video, not pictures, that translates to it being ok to steal screenshots?

Why are you so concerned about this? When people post pictures or videos on Facebook they can expect it to be shared around the world. If you want privacy stay off Facebook.

They will need to replace the carpets, so I wouldn’t worry about mold being an issue. Question though: did you ask for permission to repost this person’s pictures here?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just posted a screen capture of this post and put it on Facebook without permission to see if it would warp time-space. Nothing happened.

Here is the latest statement:

On Thursday,May 3 at approximately 6 pm,there was a water line break on Carnival Dream that impacted guests inapproximately 50 staterooms on Deck 9. Our onboard teams began cleanupimmediately related to this clean water from a fire suppression system.

Impactedguests will receive a full 100 percent refund of their cruise fare, a 50percent future cruise credit and the option to disembark the ship today if theychoose with air transportation to return home. We appreciate our guests’understanding and sincerely apologize. We also thank our crew members for theirquick action and hard work.

CarnivalDream is on a seven-day Western Caribbean cruise that departed New Orleans onSunday, April 29. We don’t expect any impact on the next cruise.

Wow, wow, wow, this is why we love CCL and have four cruises booked with them (Total bill about $20K. We book 2 rooms every cruise). We have never had a problem on CCL, but we know CCL will respond well if we ever do. Thanks!

I'm worried about deck 8. Surely some of that water dripped down...I would be so surprised if it didn't.

Why? Are you booked on Dream?

If any water leaked, why wouldn't it just keep going to deck 0 and beyond?

But Carnival's crew responds quickly. I'm sure the carpet is already pulled and replacement carpet, even if a mismatch, is ready to replace it. Same with bedding, etc. Blower fans drying things out. Ozonators for any smells. If there was a serious flood, just open the balcony doors and let it run out. ;p

You should be fine. The leak is fixed. The water is cleaned up. The carpet is being replaced and they still have all day tomorrow to get it finished.

And they’ve probably replaced the mattresses a well.

Very impressed with how Carnival has immediately offered help and compensation to effected passengers.

I was on the NCL Sun Panama Canal cruise from hell. Horrible they have only offered a cruise credit.

Read Carnival has offered flights home, 100% REFUND and 50% credit for future cruise. WOW! WTG!

Agreed! That's how a company should respond. Kudos to Carnival.

The Dream's maiden voyage was Sept, 2009, so it is approaching 9 years old. I tend to think of it as a fairly new ship, so plumbing breaks seem rare. Anyone hear of this happening on any other ship?

It happen to us on the dream years ago. Deck 10 and involved maybe 6-8 cabins. Water was ankle deep. They sucked the water out and put a huge blower in the cabin. It just wasn’t working cause the water kept seeping. So after almost two days of a wet floor, tripping on the blower and my husband afraid we would get electrocuted we moved cabins. Oh yes, everything on the floor of our belongings was wet. It was a broken pipe.

I'm adventurous, but not enough to stay on board, sleeping on yoga mats - I might be ok on a lounge chair somewhere, but I'd probably disembark in Cozumel & fly home - then count my blessings and start looking for my next cruise.

Whoever started the whole legality of the picture screenshot thing needs to take a chill pill. And mind there own business.

I go on the breeze on Sunday. Thank the lord this mess wasn’t on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums