Carnival Dream Flooded

MikeMA

There's a difference between copyright and credit. When someone posts something publicly, the general assumption is it can be used for non-commercial means - i.e. posting it on here is fine, but not selling the snaps to a new organization.

However, when you post something from someone elses work you should ALWAYS credit the original source.

Example: Screencaps taken from a video posted on facebook by John Smith in the Friendly Carnival Cruisers group on May 3. Include a link to original post where possible. Otherwise the legal implication is you are claiming ownership of the work and that's problematic.

Hence why I started the thread stating someone else posted it on FB 🤷*♂️ But again even if I didn’t I still wouldn’t feel obligated. No law saying you have too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good Morning Everyone,

We sincerely apologize to the guests in the approximately 50 staterooms on Deck 9 of the Carnival Dream who have been impacted by a water line break. Our crew is working hard to provide extra courtesies and accommodations for this inconvenience.

Great!!! We're on deck 9 leaving June 24. I feel bad for the current cruisers. Hope they get it fixed quickly

I get there is nothing Carnival can do, but I would be so upset if I had to sleep on yoga mats with a bunch of strangers. What about people that have health problems or are elderly? Does anyone know how many days are left on the cruise? Personally, I would demand to be flown home at the next port. There is no way I could spend my cruise like that.

You could only do that if you travel with a passport. And I would probably just stick it out if its only a couple days.

The color of the water in the buckets in the video is disgusting - is that dirt from the carpeting?

Not likely.

The statement from Carnival said that the water was from a broken line in the fire suppression system. Water sits in sprinkler lines for a LONG time and gets quite disgusting, even between normal flushing intervals. When someone where I work accidentally hits a sprinkler the water is black / grey and stinks to high heaven. So this is not likely dirt from where the water is spilling, and the potable water for the cabins can't get this yucky.

As an aside, when we were on the Victory in February while docked at Amber Cove the main water line on the ship broke. They had a team of technicians and a Tractor-Trailer truck with pipe and valves alongside the ship. The broken pipe was on one of the mechanical decks, so no cabins were affected except by the lack of water. They had it fixed before our scheduled time to leave port, so we were only inconvenienced for about 45 min. Looking back, I probably should have demanded a full refund from John Heald! As it was, I just drank a beer and had to take my after shore shower an hour later than normal.

Here is the latest statement:

Impactedguests will receive a full 100 percent refund of their cruise fare, a 50percent future cruise credit and the option to disembark the ship today if theychoose with air transportation to return home. .

Just can't wait to see how many guests from other decks come out and claim they were "impacted" and want compensation....

They will need to replace the carpets, so I wouldn’t worry about mold being an issue. Question though: did you ask for permission to repost this person’s pictures here?

Carpet, HVAC lines and all the space between the modular cabins will have to be treated. It's going to be a lot of work.

Carpet, HVAC lines and all the space between the modular cabins will have to be treated. It's going to be a lot of work.

Saw pics in a FB group of the carpet being replaced in the corridor, already. They're on it.

Glad i come here for cruise advice and not legal advice. My favorite today..if you take a picture it is automatically copyrighted. Hahaha. If we write something here is it automatically copyrighted?? :eek:
Yeppers. Something is technically copyrighted the very moment it is created.:eek:

Another reason to not leave your room service dishes in the hallway.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2018/05/04/footage-shows-carnival-cruise-flooding-with-water-due-to-issue-with-fire-system.html

All kidding aside, Carnival's hard-working staff came through again. It's amazing what a difference their hard work made in one day by looking at the before and after photos. Way to go Carnival!

Glad i come here for cruise advice and not legal advice. My favorite today..if you take a picture it is automatically copyrighted. Hahaha. If we write something here is it automatically copyrighted?? clear.png?emoji-eek-1725

Copyrighted...yes. But under the Fair Use doctrine (yes, this is an actual legal term in US trademark laws), the OP's use of the photos in this regard without the owner's permission is perfectly legal.

We're on the Dream this Sunday on deck 9, hopefully everything gets worked out and we get to go. If not, it's what it is, gotta be flexible with cruise ships as we all know anything can happen. I feel for the folks that are affected by this situation currently and applaud Carnival for their response to this situation.

We're on the Dream this Sunday on deck 9, hopefully everything gets worked out and we get to go. If not, it's what it is, gotta be flexible with cruise ships as we all know anything can happen. I feel for the folks that are affected by this situation currently and applaud Carnival for their response to this situation.

You should be fine. The leak is fixed. The water is cleaned up. The carpet is being replaced and they still have all day tomorrow to get it finished.

You should be fine. The leak is fixed. The water is cleaned up. The carpet is being replaced and they still have all day tomorrow to get it finished.

I'm just staying guarded just in case! :')

But I agree with you, it shouldn't be a problem, I'm waiting for my PVP to give me a call back just to make sure. We're scheduled to leave at 4 am tomorrow morning for the 15 hour drive down from Iowa.

So because it was a video, not pictures, that translates to it being ok to steal screenshots?

You have to expect that when you post anything online. I have a really cool photo of mine that I posted and it has literally been shared all over the world and on different sites. Am I upset... Nope, not at all. I am a little jealous though that my photo has traveled further than I ever will :'):'):')