Balearics Tax !!

roger b

Balearics Tax

From today the Spanish are to charge every cruise passenger who visits any of the islands two euros in peak season and one euro in off season (01/11 - 30/4)

Are the cruise companies going to cover this fee or will everyone have to throw 2e into a bucket at the bottom of the gangway?

Balearics Tax

From today the Spanish are to charge every cruise passenger who visits any of the islands two euros in peak season and one euro in off season (01/11 - 30/4)

Are the cruise companies going to cover this fee or will everyone have to throw 2e into a bucket at the bottom of the gangway?

You are too used to the Mass Market lines.

Oceania includes port taxes in their fares, already.

Balearics Tax

The cruise company's should refuse to stop at any Spanish Island. The tax will come off very fast. :mad::mad::mad:

The cruise company's should refuse to stop at any Spanish Island. The tax will come off very fast. :mad::mad::mad:

Cruise companies aren't going to do that so you are whistling dixie. People want to go there.

Look, Spain and Italy are levying surcharges on purchases made on board when the ship is within 12 miles of shore for quite a while and people still go to Spain and Italy, even if their drinks become VERY expensive.

I'd like to think we could exert such influence but I really doubt that we can.

You are too used to the Mass Market lines.

Oceania includes port taxes in their fares, already.

This is not a port tax , it is another extra tax that we will have to pay one way or another levied by the government of Majorca.

They have just built a new multi million euro cruise terminal I suppose this is an easy way to pay for it .

Cruise companies aren't going to do that so you are whistling dixie. People want to go there.

Look, Spain and Italy are levying surcharges on purchases made on board when the ship is within 12 miles of shore for quite a while and people still go to Spain and Italy, even if their drinks become VERY expensive.

I'd like to think we could exert such influence but I really doubt that we can.

They take a little here and then a little there. At some point it adds up to a lot. We need to fight back against these taxes and surcharges the same as we sometime do at home. Might find that we do have a voice that is not just whistling Dixie. :):)

They take a little here and then a little there. ..

Majorca has so many tourists that the locals have started to feel overwhelmed. By all means stay away. ;)

It will be my first time there this summer for a cruise and a few days on the island. I am looking forward to it.

Majorca has so many tourists that the locals have started to feel overwhelmed. By all means stay away. ;)

It will be my first time there this summer for a cruise and a few days on the island. I am looking forward to it.

Been there before all the taxes and fees. Very nice Island. No reason to go back at this time. Other places that are just as nice to visit.

We love Palma and have done many cruises some of which have started or visited the island.We have just returned from a holiday to Puerto Pollensa on the opposite side of the island.we did a day trip to Palma arriving at 10am and the city was beautiful and quiet. By midday the city had completely changed as it was almost impossible to walk freely due to the huge influx of people.On the day involved there were 7 cruise ships in port carrying in the region of ,25000 passengers,this happening every day and placing a huge financial problem of providing services for these numbers.All hotels have now to charge guests up to 4eoros p.p.per day so cruise ship passengers will have to pay a share either via the cruise price increasing or a tax-paid on leaving the ship.This tax is to meet environmental requirements.