Paying for Beverage Package with OBC

svcalum07

I was on the princess site to book my soda and more beverage package. I have a $150 OBC that I was hoping to use towards it but it's asking me to pay via Credit Card or PayPal. Is this only an option when I am on the ship ? Thanks!

waiting in line to buy...will get a paper receipt that you will have to show until the receipt is processed thru the computer system and shows on your cruise card..

took us about 5 minutes total is all on the Regal in March

so, no, not really

waiting in line to buy...will get a paper receipt that you will have to show until the receipt is processed thru the computer system and shows on your cruise card..

took us about 5 minutes total is all on the Regal in March

so, no, not really

Showing the paper receipt must only be for those on the Regal. On other ships a sticker is placed on your cruise card when purchased.

When sold using a paper receipt the sale is processed after you leave port, thus avoiding local sales tax.

The Island, the Grand, the Diamond and the Ruby have also stopped using the stickers. At the present time, I don't think there are any ships still using the stickers.

I was on the Ruby last month & yes there is a sticker on my cruise card so it’s not stopped on the Ruby, at least not on my cruise.

How did you know about the non use of the sticker? Were you personally on these ships & if so when?

On other ships how do they know that you have purchased the package?

Tom😎

When they run the charge using your cruise card, the computer system knows that you have the package and the result is no charge.

The Island, the Grand, the Diamond and the Ruby have also stopped using the stickers. At the present time, I don't think there are any ships still using the stickers.

Sapphire Princess was still using in Feb this year for pre booked soda package anyway

I'm not aware of any ships using a sticker for the PBP any longer, or have they for months. They simply swipe your card or enter your folio number and voila - package pops up in the system, no charge added, and no receipt generated - unless you ask.. The Soda and More package is still a sticker, at least as of a couple weeks ago on Royal, and Star...

I was on the Ruby last month & yes there is a sticker on my cruise card so it’s not stopped on the Ruby, at least not on my cruise.

How did you know about the non use of the sticker? Were you personally on these ships & if so when?

Tom��

Tom, If you look at my signature, you will see that yes, I was personally on these ships. If fact, my dad and I had afternoon tea with you on the Ruby last month. I'm not sure why your card had a sticker for the beverage package? If you are talking about the soda and more package, then I think Princess is still using stickers for that.

When the bar staff scans your cruise card, it comes up on the register that you have the drink package, so the stickers have become obsolete.

We're going to be on the Ruby at the end of July, it's the first cruise for any of us going. We're going to have kids with us and we're not really big drinkers, so I doubt the drink package would be worth it. But I saw on the Princess website I could buy on board credit ahead of time, can I do that and then use that money that's in there for drinks?

We're going to be on the Ruby at the end of July, it's the first cruise for any of us going. We're going to have kids with us and we're not really big drinkers, so I doubt the drink package would be worth it. But I saw on the Princess website I could buy on board credit ahead of time, can I do that and then use that money that's in there for drinks?

Of course.

Onboard accounts are simple debit/credit system.

If you "give" yourself OBC in advance, you'll start your cruise with a negative balance in that amount. Anything charged against your account - whether gratuitites:o, drinks, excursions , spa, whatever - is then applied and your balance decreases to zero, then you'll start accruing a balance once it's used up..

Of course.

Onboard accounts are simple debit/credit system.

If you "give" yourself OBC in advance, you'll start your cruise with a negative balance in that amount. Anything charged against your account - whether gratuitites:o, drinks, excursions , spa, whatever - is then applied and your balance decreases to zero, then you'll start accruing a balance once it's used up..

Thanks!