Indy..Inside or Promenade ? advice please

Hi everyone.... Trying to decide between an inside or a promenade cabin on the Indy... so would appreciate advice please.... Just DH and I, and although we don't go to bed early even at home but were wondering if the Prom cabins were noisy, know there will be ' for and against's so any thoughts welcome. Thanks in advance.

We've had both these cabins on Indy.

I definitely wouldn't pay extra for a promenade cabin-we were allocated one as our guarantee inside. I enjoyed watching the entertainment from the room window seat and we didn't hear much noise. However you need to keep the curtains drawn as the room opposite can see directly into your cabin!

For the time we spent in the cabin I'd go for the inside option and save the £££

Definitely the Promenade! You can minimize the noise factor by choosing deck 8, or choosing a cabin near the elevators (front or aft). It's not noisy all night, just in the evenings when there's something major going on. The noise does simmer down by 10 or 11 PM. We love the layout of the Promenade rooms, and the bench seat at the window is the best! Enjoy your cruise!

Hi everyone.... Trying to decide between an inside or a promenade cabin on the Indy... so would appreciate advice please.... Just DH and I, and although we don't go to bed early even at home but were wondering if the Prom cabins were noisy, know there will be ' for and against's so any thoughts welcome. Thanks in advance.

Just my personal preference, but I don't like the layout and lack of privacy of the Promenade staterooms. I'd either upgrade to an Oceanview, or stay with the inside.

Haven't been on Indy but we really liked the promenade room on Allure. The extra bay window adds space to the room, and it was fun just sitting by the window and looking out and you don't feel as claustrophobic. We only heard noise on one night, but it didn't last long or bother us. We would have no issue booking again (and almost did but switched to a different type of room to try). We also had no issue with the blinds or privacy. Just close when getting dressed.

We had a promenade on the Explorer across from the Pub. We are out and about and I don't remember any noise issues. As others have said, it is nice to be able to look out of the window and watch the people.

We missed our usual balcony but did enjoy our cruise.

If you can get room 6305, get the promenade. It’s the Ben and Jerry “Sweet” and comes with perks that the other rooms don’t get (access to the suite lounge, reserved seats at shows, free Ben and Jerry’s ice cream).

If the price difference is around $200 or less, get the promenade. It’s nice to have a window to see something and know when it’s night/day. It’s good people watching. It’s not noisy.

If those 2 things don’t apply, get the inside. They aren’t that different, and the bed placement makes it feel like the inside has more space than the promenade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My vote is for inside. Had one on Freedom as well as Oasis and Enchantment. We use our cabin for sleeping, showering, and changing, that's it (keeping this G-rated). Obviously showering and changing are the same in a promenade room (provided you keep your curtain closed), so that leaves sleeping... which for us is amazing in an inside. It's like hibernating in a dark, cool cave. I've never had a promenade cabin so I have no idea if there's a noise factor but I do know I've never had the desire to sit behind a window and look down at the promenade so I personally would never pay for that privilege. If you truly think you'll spend time sitting on that bench/seat looking out the window, go for it. Otherwise, I'd save the $ or spend it on something else.

Unless you want the illusion of light, then go with the inside and save that money for something else. If you're claustrophobic, then a PR cabin might help with that. Personally, I want NATURAL light in the daytime, so I wouldn't pick either!

If the promenade is significantly more expensive than an inside room, I don't know that I'd pay hundreds of dollars for it. But we had one once and loved it. We love to people watch, and it was always neat to be able to see what was going on down on the promenade (to see if we wanted to join in).

I don't remember noise ever being a factor.

You can be in your room and not feel like you're missing out on what's going on, whereas with an inside room, I always feel like I'm "in the dark" (literally and figuratively) about what's going on outside of my little room.

We're just back from the Navigator TA. Booked an inside guarantee and got a virtual balcony room, it was amazing. Perhaps you could check out YouTube and see what you think [emoji5]

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

We have stayed in PR rooms on 4 occasions now with a 5th scheduled in January. IMHO, they are much nicer that an inside. We have spent no more that $50/person for that room. The rooms are bigger due to the window and as others have said, watching the people and parades from your room is very nice. Just be warned that the people across can see clearly into your room, keep they drapes closed when not using the window.