Military Veteran OBC

bobnfl

Anyone use the email method for delivery or is it best to use fax or snail mail? I sent mine in last week using email to the address they gave but have seen nothing noted on my account. Thanks for any info.

I emailed and it showed up about a week later. If you don’t see anything in the next few days, I would call.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Try opening your “cruise personalizer” and look at your booking. Under “payments and credits” you should see a “military benefits” line with your credit amount. It can take some time to post.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What Monte and Larry said. Email a scan of your DD-214 (or discharge papers appropriate to your country of service). MAKE SURE THAT YOU BLACK OUT THE SSN IF YOU ARE OLD ENOUGH FOR THAT TO BE YOUR SERVICE NUMBER.

The military credit will show up, without fanfare, in your credits, viewable in your personalizer.

Anyone use the email method for delivery or is it best to use fax or snail mail? I sent mine in last week using email to the address they gave but have seen nothing noted on my account. Thanks for any info.

I had no problem submitting the request for Military OBC via email. In fact I did it twice! After contacting Princess about a price reduction I had to resubmit the request. Anyway... both times I sent the form and copy of the DD214 to the following email address:

militarybenefit@princesscruises.com

Both times the request was acknowledged and approved in less than 12 hours. FYI: After you get the email confirmation of your credit from Princess... if you make "any" changes to your cruise itinerary, make sure you check to verify your Military OBC is still in effect, if not, simply resubmit the original email. Thank you for your service!

E

Edited by EleanorNoway

I faxed my DD214 to Princess when they first instituted the program and it was posted quickly. Now it appears on all reservations automatically. It is a great bennie and is refundable if you don't use it. Most other OBC that Princess grants is not refundable and has to be used onboard the cruise.

I was in the middle of dealing with a TA when I found out about Military OBC. I sent in a copy of my DD form 214 by FAX. It was approved and then the approval was sent to the TA who did not know what it was, so instead of contacting me, just stuck it in a file cabinet.

Later when I had not heard back from Princess I tried to do a follow up and was told I had to deal with Princess through the TA. Finally the TA woke up and pulled the notice of acceptance out of her file. With the statement, Oh is this what you are looking for.

Last time we used that TA.

And, as others have reported each new Cruise that we go on, the Military OBC is added to our personalizer without any request from us.

Bob

I sent my DD214 in years ago for the veteran OBC. Last month on our last cruise we had lunch with a couple who let us know as soon as we sat down that they were ELITE! and go on at least 4 cruises a year. During lunch I asked the husband if he was a veteran and if got the veteran OBC. He said he and his wife were both veterans and NO! They didn’t get the veterans OBC because they weren’t combat veterans. He asked me if I got the veterans OBC and I told him I did, his wife asked me if I was a combat veteran and I told her I was, she said that’s why I get the veterans OBC. I told her she was wrong that you didn’t need to be a combat veteran to get the veteran OBC. She begins to argue with me about it. I told her that they should go talk to the Captain Circle host and left it at that. Later we ran into them on the ship and she said I was right, that they had talked to the Captain Circle host and you don’t have to be a combat veteran to get the veteran OBC. They also had never heard of the future cruise credit “FCC” program or the stockholder OBC, my wife and I called them the “Clueless Elite Cruisers”. I don’t know how anyone with as many cruises that they had could be so clueless.

• Haha 1

They also had never heard of the future cruise credit “FCC” program or the stockholder OBC, my wife and I called them the “Clueless Elite Cruisers”. I don’t know how anyone with as many cruises that they had could be so clueless.

Amazing!!

Maybe, they spent the entire cruise (all of them) in their cabin??

Well I guess I asked the question too soon. Yesterday afternoon I checked my account and yes there was $250 OBC there. So I have started collecting OBC for my upcoming cruise. Thanks for the replies

Had lunch today with a friend just back from Regal. Military OBC had come up when he was telling

us about the cruise just before he left. He had never heard of Princess' MOBC.

He took his DD214 with him and showed it to the Capt Circle folks once aboard. They faxed back

to corporate, and the next day (timezones) the MOBC was credited to his folio for the voyage.

I am so happy that Princess has changed their policy from person 1 and 2 in the cabin being the only ones to get the military OBC to any 2 people in the cabin. So now my husband and son can both get it.

My husband faxed in his DD214 many years ago and now it is permanently on his cruise personalizer. My son is active duty so we just sent them the military form and a copy of his Military ID card. Now it is on file for him as well.

Thanks Princess for taking care of our military!!!

• 4 months later...

My father is a veteran who's original DD-214 was destroyed along with 18 million others in a famous fire in 1973 at the NPRC, I sent Princess a copy of the official government letter and document stating that that his records had been reconstituted well enough for him to receive his veteran's benefits by the government.

Princess approved within hours and he got his $250 OBC. Keep in mind we did this 2 months before the cruise starts. Who knows if they stretched the rules in his case...

Your mileage may vary... ;p

My father is a veteran who's original DD-214 was destroyed along with 18 million others in a famous fire in 1973 at the NPRC, I sent Princess a copy of the official government letter and document stating that that his records had been reconstituted well enough for him to receive his veteran's benefits by the government.

Princess approved within hours and he got his $250 OBC. Keep in mind we did this 2 months before the cruise starts. Who knows if they stretched the rules in his case...

That is great to hear. Thanks to your father for his service. And thanks to Princess for giving our military OBC!

Princess just wants some official government verification that one is a veteran. The fire was indeed bad but the government has tried to recover the records for our veterans. Luckily my records were not in the fire. Thank you Princess for recognizing our veterans.

Had lunch today with a friend just back from Regal. Military OBC had come up when he was telling

us about the cruise just before he left. He had never heard of Princess' MOBC.

He took his DD214 with him and showed it to the Capt Circle folks once aboard. They faxed back

to corporate, and the next day (timezones) the MOBC was credited to his folio for the voyage.

I had the very same experience on Caribbean Princess in August. The credit showed cup in a day or two, and is showing on my December 2 Regal cruise. It is not, however, showing on my Dec 9 cruise (second half of B2B). I will resubmit.

I had "lost" my DD-214. I applied for a new one, to no avail. I assumed the same fire got my records. The good news is, I found a copy in my "stuff' days before my August Cruise on CB. I took it with me, showed Captain's Circle Host, "and the rest is history." (New acronym: ATRIH.)

I sent my DD214 in years ago for the veteran OBC. Last month on our last cruise we had lunch with a couple who let us know as soon as we sat down that they were ELITE! and go on at least 4 cruises a year. During lunch I asked the husband if he was a veteran and if got the veteran OBC. He said he and his wife were both veterans and NO! They didn’t get the veterans OBC because they weren’t combat veterans. He asked me if I got the veterans OBC and I told him I did, his wife asked me if I was a combat veteran and I told her I was, she said that’s why I get the veterans OBC. I told her she was wrong that you didn’t need to be a combat veteran to get the veteran OBC. She begins to argue with me about it. I told her that they should go talk to the Captain Circle host and left it at that. Later we ran into them on the ship and she said I was right, that they had talked to the Captain Circle host and you don’t have to be a combat veteran to get the veteran OBC. They also had never heard of the future cruise credit “FCC” program or the stockholder OBC, my wife and I called them the “Clueless Elite Cruisers”. I don’t know how anyone with as many cruises that they had could be so clueless.

I can genuinely believe that, and I’m sure there are dozens more, if you ever read the comments on Facebook Princess elite group most of them haven’t a clue about anything to do with Princess

• 2 months later...

I just read this about military OBC. My husband and I are both veterans. So if I am reading this correctly we will both get the OBC. Is that correct?  And if so how much is it?  Also I did just find it on the Princess site and it looks like you had to have served in a war zone. Am I understanding this correctly.  Thanks

Edited by abbiep

1 hour ago, abbiep said:

I just read this about military OBC. My husband and I are both veterans. So if I am reading this correctly we will both get the OBC. Is that correct?  And if so how much is it?  Also I did just find it on the Princess site and it looks like you had to have served in a war zone. Am I understanding this correctly.  Thanks

As posted you don’t need to have served in a war zone...6 months service in a war zone makes personnel such as reservists eligible despite not serving on active duty for 2 years.