What’s the best cruise line for...

jadedhart

Where do you want to cruise to, and what time of year? How's your budget - mass market, premium, or luxury? How long can the cruise be? Hard to answer without knowing these things.

As a start, I'd say Celebrity, HAL, or Princess, on cruises 10 days or longer, during periods when kids are in school.

Where do you want to cruise to, and what time of year? How's your budget - mass market, premium, or luxury? How long can the cruise be? Hard to answer without knowing these things.

As a start, I'd say Celebrity, HAL, or Princess, on cruises 10 days or longer, during periods when kids are in school.

Oh yeah. Sorry. 7-8 days. I don’t care where we go but need to sail from either ny nj ma or md. I don’t think we need luxury and I’m not concerned with the size of the ship. Time of year is also not an issue though I’d prefer May or September so it’s not too cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

RCI will have more families, Celebrity less. And I've never heard loud hip hop music blasting on either. What cruise line have you experienced that on?

Carnival. Always by the pools. So loud you could hear it everywhere on lido. And also on the beach at half moon cay. There wasn’t a place on the beach where it couldn’t be heard.

Carnival. Always by the pools. So loud you could hear it everywhere on lido. And also on the beach at half moon cay. There wasn’t a place on the beach where it couldn’t be heard.

We also heard it wafting over the water on our ship parked near a Carnival ship in Grand Cayman. I don't remember having constant loud music on HAL and Princess ships. And of course not on the smaller upscale and expedition lines.

Based on that, clearly avoid Carnival. In our experience, Celebrity offers a very good cruise experience less oriented to families and without the music issues you are concerned about. In general, there is music poolside on most - if not all - ships at some times during the cruise. But the type of music played and the volume it would be played with Celebrity is not like that you describe. And they do offer the Solarium adult pool area which is very quiet at all times and is monitored regarding age restrictions (min.16) for access. It provides an atmosphere there that is not typically appealing to younger people. We have never experienced any issues as you describe with Celebrity.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Not so much line as time, need to avoid summer and times that have school breaks also longer cruises, we like cruising end of April and week after thanksgiving . Might want to consider adults only resorts like sandals which are fun.