What Check In Time Do You Prefer ?

Lhound92

Just checked in for my June 9th Glory Cruise on Saturday, my 2 remaining options were 1-1:30 or 1:30-2. I had the same window on my cruise in December and initially I was bummed it was late but I ended up liking it because it allowed me to not have to rush out of my hotel in the morning. And once I’m on board my stateroom will be just about ready

So what check in time do you like?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We usually do the earliest window solely because we can check in anytime after it. If we get there during our time, great. If not we can get on when we get there. But we don’t have to wait in the port until a certain time.

I used to think earlier was better. Unless you have FTTF, I would wait. Too busy everywhere. Your room might not be ready either. I like to stay at the hotel with my late checkout by the pool and give myself an extra hour or two.

I like to select the earliest possible because I like to get there as early as possible. But I am beginning to re-think that as on my 5/5 Glory cruise, they were not following the check in time procedure. People were still getting off the boat at 1130 and the terminal was packed and a mess.

Most hotels have an 11am check out...so that's about when we leave and head to port. Boarding has usually started, so no long waiting lines. We eat breakfast right before we leave and that way, can skip the feeding frenzy that seems to happen on boarding day!

Just checked in for my June 9th Glory Cruise on Saturday, my 2 remaining options were 1-1:30 or 1:30-2. I had the same window on my cruise in December and initially I was bummed it was late but I ended up liking it because it allowed me to not have to rush out of my hotel in the morning. And once I’m on board my stateroom will be just about ready

We've personally experienced port employees, who work for the port authority and NOT the cruise lines, who were not knowledgeable/trained in embarkation procedures so we always choose the earliest Check In Time available, even though we are Platinum. We do not want to get the one employee who makes us wait until the Check In Time printed on our Boarding Passes and does not let us into the port building upon our arrival, which is a Platinum perk.

The more we cruise the later it gets. The excitement of getting on the ship as soon as possible just isn't worth the 2 hours of chaos anymore. Now if we are getting on as everyone is heading to the cabins it is perfect. Drop our bags and head to now near empty places to grab lunch.

The more we cruise the later it gets. The excitement of getting on the ship as soon as possible just isn't worth the 2 hours of chaos anymore. Now if we are getting on as everyone is heading to the cabins it is perfect. Drop our bags and head to now near empty places to grab lunch.

I agree - I like to start my cruise in a relaxed manner - no lines.

2pm---we always get a late check out at the hotel then catch a cab about 1:30p---so easy and no stress. Get right on, go to room, then grab a guys burger :)

We also pack less and less each cruise--so we have it down to a small rolling suitcase per person and 1 bag for toiletries. No checking any bags--walk right on with them. No porters..no waiting for our stuff. LOVE IT

I choose 12:30-1:00.

That means we sleep in until 7:30. Get up, make a quick breakfast and start driving to Galveston about 8:00. Make two stops (rest area on I-10 and Buc-ees on I-45. Arrive at the parking garage about 12:15. Usually in the Italian restaurant by 1:00, done eating by 1:30 and go drop our stuff at the cabin.

We always get to the port as soon as possible. We look at it like we have paid for that day so why not take advantage of it. If we go to an amusement park, we don't pay full price, then wait until later in the day to go in. Same with the cruise.

I like to get there as early as possible! I have two small kids who don't understand the concept of sleeping in on vacation, so they are usually bright-eyed by 6 am. I am very respectful of other people in hotels, so I make sure to keep them quiet, but it isn't easy, not to mention stressful, and the earlier we can get out and on our way the better! Once on board the kids can get straight in the pool to swim and play without bothering anyone.

I choose the earliest only because with Carnival Australia you can only book shore excursions onboard. Some are really popular and book out quick, so it's whoever gets to the shore excursion desk (or their tv) first.

Otherwise I would actually pick a later time to avoid the rush, and have my room ready upon boarding. Probably 130-2.

For my June cruise I have 12-1230.

You make a good point. Sounds less busy and stressful later in the day

We always get to the port as soon as possible. We look at it like we have paid for that day so why not take advantage of it. If we go to an amusement park, we don't pay full price, then wait until later in the day to go in. Same with the cruise.

Ehhhh....you can keep the 2hrs of my fare that amounts no little more than herding cattle.

We always get there early. We purchase FTTF on every cruise to get our vacation started earlier. For us we get to the port as they allow you in and get checked in. Take our seats in the FTTF area and sit back and wait for usually about an hour and board as called. Skip the boarding photos and head straight up to the lido for our burgers, bbq and of course drinks. Drop the couple of small carry ons we take off in the room and grab our favorite chairs by the pool by the slide and enjoy the next several days. We get there and onboard before all the so called chaos I hear so much about starts.

We did about 1:45 this time and I think I will keep doing that one. It was nice to walk right on.

Though we usually have a suite so do VIP boarding. With dream class, I don’t like deck 5 obstruction and will do a cove balcony like this time.

Though we usually have a suite so do VIP boarding. With dream class, I don’t like deck 5 obstruction and will do a cove balcony like this time.

I'm with you on that. After getting a higher deck on our first Dream class ship, we always go with a cove balcony. I hate that feeling of being a half mile away from the ocean on the upper decks.

I'm with you on that. After getting a higher deck on our first Dream class ship, we always go with a cove balcony. I hate that feeling of being a half mile away from the ocean on the upper decks.

It really aggravated me on my first dream cruise— was not expecting it. I wish there was a cove suite. I will definitely do another cove balcony on Dream class.