Re-asking about bringing alcohol on board

tran93le

Let me re-ask this question with a story instead of a simple question that I won’t get barked at for again.

As this is the first cruise for my family or 45, this will be the first cruise for most. With that, they don’t have to to google or search certain aspects of it. They have to be told, which I’m fine with as there is a lot of mini aspects to it. My auntie wanted to bring a bottle of crown, which is considered liquor, not wine, so once again, will crown be allowed on board?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Let me re-ask this question with a story instead of a simple question that I won’t get barked at for again.

As this is the first cruise for my family or 45, this will be the first cruise for most. With that, they don’t have to to google or search certain aspects of it. They have to be told, which I’m fine with as there is a lot of mini aspects to it. My auntie wanted to bring a bottle of crown, which is considered liquor, not wine, so once again, will crown be allowed on board?

Wine or champagne only.

Sent from my LG-K371 using Forums mobile app

You already know the answer to that from your last post. Did you think the answer would be different the second time around because it's your lil' ole auntie?

Crown is not "considered" liquor. It *IS* liquor.

No is no, and there is no reason for anyone to respond to try to sugar coat the answer, it's not "barking", it's answering the question. (And the story doesn't change the answer.) Your aunt can buy a bottle of Crown through the Fun Shops and it will be waiting in her cabin for her.

Absolutely not. If she puts it in her carry on, they will confiscate it at security. If she puts it in her checked bag, she will be summoned to the "naughty room" to collect her bag and have her Crown Royal confiscated there. If she buys a bottle in port, they will confiscate it when she goes through security to reboard and return it to her on the last night. If she purchases it at one of the shops onboard, they will hold it for her until the last night. There's no way around it.

Should she want, need, to have a bottle in her room, she can purchase it through the FunShops prior to boarding, paying an exorbitant amount, and they will deliver it to her stateroom.

Absolutely not. If she puts it in her carry on, they will confiscate it at security. If she puts it in her checked bag, she will be summoned to the "naughty room" to collect her bag and have her Crown Royal confiscated there. If she buys a bottle in port, they will confiscate it when she goes through security to reboard and return it to her on the last night. If she purchases it at one of the shops onboard, they will hold it for her until the last night. There's no way around it.

Should she want, need, to have a bottle in her room, she can purchase it through the FunShops prior to boarding, paying an exorbitant amount, and they will deliver it to her stateroom.

But still less than the per-drink cost.

Or, she can order it from Room Service (at the same price as the Fun Shops).

Here is the other thread that you asked about alcohol,

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2637933

And this is from Carnival:

Bringing Liquor and Beverages Onboard - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing water, sodas and other non-alcoholic beverages on board that are packaged in glass or plastic bottles.

A small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages (i.e., sparkling water, sodas, juice, and milk) packaged in cans or cartons may be brought on board on embarkation day and must be in the guest's carry-on luggage. A small quantity is considered a maximum of 12 sealed, unopened cans/cartons of 12 ounces each or less per person.

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board with the following exception - At the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only, guests (21 years of age and older) may bring one 750 ml bottle of sealed/unopened wine or champagne per person in their carry-on luggage. All liquor, beer, other forms of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages outside of this exception are strictly prohibited in both carry-on and checked luggage and such items will be confiscated and discarded and no compensation will be provided.

As this is the first cruise for my family or 45, this will be the first cruise for most. With that, they don’t have to to google or search certain aspects of it. They have to be told, which I’m fine with as there is a lot of mini aspects to it. ...

My suggestion is since you are fine for being the one to educate your family on the "mini aspects" of cruising that you go to

https://www.carnival.com/help ,

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/ticket-contract.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_84 , and

https://www.carnival.com/legal/safety-security.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_109

Read through all sections and clickable links, then using copy and paste put together a hard copy booklet of what applies to your cruise for those family members that are unable or unwilling to search out what is expected of them as passengers along with what is and isn't allowed by the cruise line. Trust me this will avoid problems that will start before even boarding such as what documents are needed to be presented at the terminal and what must be packed in your carry-on luggage and what isn't allowed to be brought on board.

Only wine or charmpane are allow, one per person, let your aunt know they will take it away, all luggage will go though the scanner, can't hide it

Soda : 12 can per person, ( can only, no bottle allow)

If they want water: $4.50 order from the fun shop, they will deliver it to your room. Very reasonable price for a case of water, and it's better to order a head of time. No need to carry it around waiting for your room. She can order the crown from fun shop,

There is corkage fee if the alcohol you bring on board open at the MDR

I understand it can be stressful when you have to organize a big group (family) I got a big group this summer as well, each person will want different things, later they would call me and want another choice, oh well, it took me 5 mins to change it, but it's cost them additional $100 per person. If you all flight in, check out Alaska group booking, (10 or more people ) there's discount for big group, if you find cheaper price from another airline let them know, they will try their best to match it.

Don't forget to link your booking together, contact the ship maitre d to seat together.

No, or as some like to say.. Ruff ruff!

My suggestion is since you are fine for being the one to educate your family on the "mini aspects" of cruising that you go to

https://www.carnival.com/help ,

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/ticket-contract.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_84 , and

https://www.carnival.com/legal/safety-security.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_109

Read through all sections and clickable links, then using copy and paste put together a hard copy booklet of what applies to your cruise for those family members that are unable or unwilling to search out what is expected of them as passengers along with what is and isn't allowed by the cruise line. Trust me this will avoid problems that will start before even boarding such as what documents are needed to be presented at the terminal and what must be packed in your carry-on luggage and what isn't allowed to be brought on board.

Excellent advice. It's a shame that the tolerance and patience levels on this board aren't at the high level you demonstrate. :)

Excellent advice. It's a shame that the tolerance and patience levels on this board aren't at the high level you demonstrate. :)
While some people went "over the top" with their replies, it's nothing compared to how far "over the top" similar threads on other forums go, with regard to similar topics. Having said that, it might be useful to think about why people go "over the top" about such thing - and perhaps why people should get a little more worked up about it than they are: Every violation of the terms and conditions in the cruise contract represents yet another reason for the cruise line to adopt yet-even-more stringent and draconian and possibly costly measures to protect its revenue streams. As a result, we all suffer inconveniences and added costs - effectively those inconveniences and added costs are our subsidizing the violations of others.

It's hard to maintain any kind of tolerance and patience when you're perpetually dealing with (allegedly) grown adults who can't seem to understand and follow basic rules. Rules exist for reasons. Maybe you don't like or agree with them, but that doesn't make them any less valid rules.

Adults who choose to ignore this necessary part of living in a civilized society have earned neither patience nor tolerance.

It's hard to maintain any kind of tolerance and patience when you're perpetually dealing with (allegedly) grown adults who can't seem to understand and follow basic rules. Rules exist for reasons. Maybe you don't like or agree with them, but that doesn't make them any less valid rules.

Adults who choose to ignore this necessary part of living in a civilized society have earned neither patience nor tolerance.

Then why are you such a hypocrite? You break CC rules all the time! Name calling comes to mind, rude posts, etc.. You are like the pot calling the kettle black.