BON VOYAGE Sea Princess World Cruise 2018

They now got two days at sea as they head for Nanortalik, Greenland where they will arrive on Thursday...

and on Friday they visit Qaqortoq, Greenland before they get another two sea days...

sea_princess_position31072018.jpg

I haven't got to Greenland as yet.

It is probably a bit early in the year but I wonder if they saw any Northern Lights while near Iceland. We saw them for three nights when around Iceland but then it was late September.

Reading Jo and Garrys blogs, they got ripped off badly at Francescos Winery on their Salerno visit. $200 bucks each for a bite of lunch and glass of wine. You have watch some of these private tour operators. Good the winery bosses got smashed on Tripadvisor.:evilsmile:

They tried to charge an Aussie pax on the tour $50 for a bowl of plain Spag, because they were too crook to eat the offered lunch and wine. Rogues !!!

Hats off to Garry/Jo for intervening re the exorbitant charge for a bowl of plain spaget for the sick lady.

Goodness me, I haven't read the blogs for a few days, will need to catch up again.

I haven't got to Greenland as yet.

It is probably a bit early in the year but I wonder if they saw any Northern Lights while near Iceland. We saw them for three nights when around Iceland but then it was late September.

This close to midsummer the sky doesn't get dark enough to see the aurora.:) We have seen the lights in Alaska. It was mid September.

Before they arrived in Reykjavik, Iceland, they had a nice sunrise:

sea_bridge30072018.jpg

I just found this webcam capture I saved of them arriving in Reykjavik, Iceland yesterday:

sea_bridge300720180b.jpg

Apparently they had a cold day there!

Has anyone been to Reykjavik, Iceland before?? :)

Yes. An easy waterfront walk in to town from the port. Highlights were a swim/float in the famous Blue Lagoon, discovering in the Town Hall a big model of iceland which showed the active volcano site, the hotdog shop famous for selling Bill Clinton a hotdog, and a shop where there was a slide where children could slide down to a lower floor. In addition, we visited three other ports in Iceland, a most fascinating country.

Reading Jo and Garrys blogs, they got ripped off badly at Francescos Winery on their Salerno visit. $200 bucks each for a bite of lunch and glass of wine. You have watch some of these private tour operators. Good the winery bosses got smashed on Tripadvisor.:evilsmile:

They tried to charge an Aussie pax on the tour $50 for a bowl of plain Spag, because they were too crook to eat the offered lunch and wine. Rogues !!!

Hats off to Garry/Jo for intervening re the exorbitant charge for a bowl of plain spaget for the sick lady.

Good on Jo and Garry speaking up about being ripped off for their lunch and wine tasting, as well as overcharge for substitute spaghetti. Glad they enjoyed the previous winery, where they bought wine.

Yes. An easy waterfront walk in to town from the port. Highlights were a swim/float in the famous Blue Lagoon, discovering in the Town Hall a big model of iceland which showed the active volcano site, the hotdog shop famous for selling Bill Clinton a hotdog, and a shop where there was a slide where children could slide down to a lower floor. In addition, we visited three other ports in Iceland, a most fascinating country.

Thank You MMDown Under :)

We are heading to Reykjavik, Iceland next year on the Queen Elizabeth.

They are approaching Nanortalik in Greenland. From the strange light from the webcam ...I wonder if its a searchlight on the lookout for icebergs?

4_B1_FDD02_FE43_440_C_968_A_6_C32_B59_EF4_BC.png

I got the same capture, and I was about to say are they looking for icebergs??

I also hope no one jump overboard! (yn)

retep55555 posted this photo on Facebook:

They found icebergs ::eek:

38403228_10216380359962302_3168837226154950656_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=880b644e62b8492fb752abb128ac19a5&oe=5BD4F40E

How exciting for them. I hope they enjoyed Qaqortoq and get to return to Nanortalk if the high winds drop. Sounds like rough seas! We had rough seas on the western side of Iceland when we visited, and we just cruised around the island.