Room Service Question - Suites

RocketMan275

We stayed in the Summit PH a couple of times and our butler told us he would get us anything we would like from any restaurant, so I guess it depends on what level suite you are in and also who your butler is.

We never took him up on it, btw, since we enjoyed eating out in Luminae or one of the specialty restaurants which are included for higher end suites.

No, you can only order from the MDR menu for dinner. Luminae does not provide any room service and neither do the Specialties. If you are in a Royal Suite or above you do have unlimited Specialty Dining in the restaurants.
I asked this question in a Facebook group and was told yes, if you are in suite, you can order Luminae room service as long as during their meal hours. Has anyone actually done this? We really like the food of Luminae but found the service to be too slow for us, so we didn't utilize it very much on our last Celebrity cruise (albeit 3 years ago). At that time, there was talks of adding it to suite room service but it wasn't yet implemented. I was hoping it would be available this time.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Forums mobile app

I asked this question in a Facebook group and was told yes, if you are in suite, you can order Luminae room service as long as during their meal hours. Has anyone actually done this? We really like the food of Luminae but found the service to be too slow for us, so we didn't utilize it very much on our last Celebrity cruise (albeit 3 years ago). At that time, there was talks of adding it to suite room service but it wasn't yet implemented. I was hoping it would be available this time.

In a Sky Suite probably not. It seems there are fewer Butlers than there were a couple of years ago. 4 Butlers covering 50 suites on 4 decks with a 14-15 hour day. 3 years ago we would leave our suite and see 1 or 2 Butlers in the corridor, last cruises it was rare to consistently see a butler in the hall. They were available by phone but not very visible .

Appreciate the comments. We're in a star suite on our next cruise and it will be interesting to see how we enjoy the expanded room service options. After that cruise we will decide upon whether to book Celebrity or another RCI. We're really not dining room people.

Appreciate the comments. We're in a star suite on our next cruise and it will be interesting to see how we enjoy the expanded room service options. After that cruise we will decide upon whether to book Celebrity or another RCI. We're really not dining room people.

I think food availability does change with higher suites and, perhaps, frequency of requests and how much time warning you give the appropriate M’D and butler.

We have had off menu items and Luminae items delivered to the PH but we have always arranged with the butler the day before. This has given the restaurant providing the food the ability to ‘fit in’ your request and the butler the opportunity to arrange his schedule to serve you course by course. We would never ask for or expect to simply ring the butler at 7pm and order a Murano meal. Perhaps others do but as Jelayne says butlers are busy people and we would feel we were expecting too much.

A further point from your post....

We were recently on the Oasis and were very disappointed with the quality of the food in both Coastal Kitchen and the speciality restaurants and we went to them all. No comparison to Celebrity. Also ‘Genies’ will set up reservations for you but they do not offer you a butler service, your food (from whatever restaurant you manage to order from) will all arrive together. Your mains will be cooling while you eat your starter and by the time you get to desert your ice cream will be melted. We have experienced this in a top suite on RC.

Hope you enjoy your RC cruise. We do enjoy the extra entertainment on RC and we do think they have a wider range of suite rooms to try but we did find the food disappointing.

Have never heard of anyone getting food from Luminae in a sky suite, it is not one of the advertised perks. For as long as Luminae has existed, orders from room service for full meals come from the MDR. Again, probably depends on Butler but don't remember anyone doing this. I know we could not do this last year.

In a Sky Suite probably not. It seems there are fewer Butlers than there were a couple of years ago. 4 Butlers covering 50 suites on 4 decks with a 14-15 hour day. 3 years ago we would leave our suite and see 1 or 2 Butlers in the corridor, last cruises it was rare to consistently see a butler in the hall. They were available by phone but not very visible .

We were in a sky suite on the Eclipse this past January and a couple we became friendly with were in a Royal suite- We shared the same butler and their suite was on a different deck- so perhaps on some cruise ships, butlers are shared between suite types. He was very good.

We were recently on the Oasis and were very disappointed with the quality of the food in both Coastal Kitchen and the speciality restaurants and we went to them all. No comparison to Celebrity. Also ‘Genies’ will set up reservations for you but they do not offer you a butler service, your food (from whatever restaurant you manage to order from) will all arrive together. Your mains will be cooling while you eat your starter and by the time you get to desert your ice cream will be melted. We have experienced this in a top suite on RC.

Hope you enjoy your RC cruise. We do enjoy the extra entertainment on RC and we do think they have a wider range of suite rooms to try but we did find the food disappointing.

We're not expecting course-by-course servings and we would not order ice cream for desert.

We're not expecting course-by-course servings and we would not order ice cream for desert.

That’s great, I just didn’t know if you you were aware of the difference in delivery between the two cruise lines. We didn’t order ice cream for room delivery desert again after experiencing one puddle!

Hope you have a great cruise!

That’s great, I just didn’t know if you you were aware of the difference in delivery between the two cruise lines. We didn’t order ice cream for room delivery desert again after experiencing one puddle!

Hope you have a great cruise!

Some have reported ordering their dinner service and then ordering their ice cream later. This also provides an additional opportunity for tipping.

Here’s a Coastal Kitchen tip if you enjoy steak. Dissatisfied with the “every day” steak that was available I spoke with a chef and thereafter I had the most delicious filet or rib eye every night. Far better than the steaks in Luminae; I think the steaks were bigger, the grill hotter, and the kitchen closer.

Some have reported ordering their dinner service and then ordering their ice cream later. This also provides an additional opportunity for tipping.

That's the 2nd time you mentioned (seems like a complaint) tipping in this thread. Tipping is not required and most people that do tip their butler extra (we always do) do it at the end of their cruise, not for every service your butler provides for you.

That's the 2nd time you mentioned (seems like a complaint) tipping in this thread. Tipping is not required and most people that do tip their butler extra (we always do) do it at the end of their cruise, not for every service your butler provides for you.

Certainly not a complaint and I wasn't referring to the butler. We always kept a few dollar bills handy to give to the person who brings our room service tray. We actually enjoy tipping and we do so at most opportunities.

Certainly not a complaint and I wasn't referring to the butler. We always kept a few dollar bills handy to give to the person who brings our room service tray. We actually enjoy tipping and we do so at most opportunities.

If you order anything from room service it will be your butler who brings it to you, not a room service attendant (unless you order late night when your butlers shift is over for the evening)

If you order anything from room service it will be your butler who brings it to you, not a room service attendant (unless you order late night when your butlers shift is over for the evening)

Debbie, I completely understand the butler's duties. I was talking about room service provided in a cabin that does not have a butler. To be very clear, if anyone other than the butler were to bring a tray to our cabin, that person would be tipped on the spot.

Have never heard of anyone getting food from Luminae in a sky suite, it is not one of the advertised perks. For as long as Luminae has existed, orders from room service for full meals come from the MDR. Again, probably depends on Butler but don't remember anyone doing this. I know we could not do this last year.
I'm not in a sky suite?

Debbie, I completely understand the butler's duties. I was talking about room service provided in a cabin that does not have a butler. To be very clear, if anyone other than the butler were to bring a tray to our cabin, that person would be tipped on the spot.

i was in a royal suite, and never had stuff delivered by the butler, i guess he was always too busy, but never had the dinner in room dining done.

i was in a royal suite, and never had stuff delivered by the butler, i guess he was always too busy, but never had the dinner in room dining done.

Based on my experiences in a RS that would be unusual assuming you mean breakfast.