Does the cruise ship provide paper towels in the stateroom?

tran93le

I know that they provide hand towels, but for medical/personal reasons I need paper towels.

I’ll be using a lot of paper towels. I might bring in my own, but I’m just wondering if they do provide them.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The ship is your hotel at sea. I have never been to a hotel that provided paper towels in each room. I have not seen them in cabins on ships either.

IF you need them I'd bring your own.

Thank you! I figured I would need to bring my own.

Then again, is there a kitchen in your cabin on the ship?

Nope. There are definitely not paper towels provided in your room on Carnival ships. However, the poster who commented on that was implying that no hotels provided them either. :)

And whatever you do....Don't flush them down the toilet!!!

Hi

Also...if you aren't able to dispose of them in the garbage can, ask your room steward for disposal bags.

have a great cruise

Then again, is there a kitchen in your cabin on the ship?

Chief, I know you've covered this ad nauseum but I don't ever recall any mention of paper towels with regard to disposal in the toilets (someone mentioned this above). Are the run of the mill retail paper towels made with that type of fiber weave (my term but probably not accurate) that does not break down in the ship's disposal system? Or are they OK to flush??

Chief, I know you've covered this ad nauseum but I don't ever recall any mention of paper towels with regard to disposal in the toilets (someone mentioned this above). Are the run of the mill retail paper towels made with that type of fiber weave (my term but probably not accurate) that does not break down in the ship's disposal system? Or are they OK to flush??

No such thing as a flushable paper towel, especially on a ship. Nothing other than #1, #2, and septic-safe toilet paper, should go down the commode even if it says "Flushable" on the wrapper.

No such thing as a flushable paper towel, especially on a ship. Nothing other than #1, #2, and septic-safe toilet paper, should go down the commode even if it says "Flushable" on the wrapper.

Thanks and while you're probably correct, I will wait for Chief to respond. :)

I know that they provide hand towels, but for medical/personal reasons I need paper towels.

I’ll be using a lot of paper towels. I might bring in my own, but I’m just wondering if they do provide them.

Although they are not typical found in the cabin - I feel sure it’s something you could make arrangements to have for your needs. You may want to contact the Special Needs department to inquire.

You better bring your own.

Bring your own and do NOT flush them. Put them in the trash. Ship's plumbing is NOT gravity fed, like at home....and something like tissues or diapers or paper towels can get hung up in the twists and turns that ship's pipes take....and not only mess up YOUR bathroom, but many others on that circuit.

Any toilet paper, repeat any toilet paper, is safe to flush down a ship's toilet. Septic safe toilet paper means that the paper fibers will break down relatively quickly while stagnant in a septic tank. Ship's waste water systems are anything but static. Due to the rapid processing of waste water on a ship, the system is designed to remove paper fibers from the process flow as it is known that they cannot be digested in the time given. If you think that the dreadful toilet paper that cruise ships supply is "septic safe", I've got a bridge in NYC to sell you.

You are correct, that wipes and such, even those labeled "flushable" should not be flushed down ship's toilets. Paper products that are designed for "strength" (paper towels, wipes, etc) over "comfort" (tissues, TP) use woven paper fibers and do not break down in turbulent water flow. The "comfort" products use pressed fibers which will break down in turbulent flow, though the nature of vacuum toilets is that the "product" from the bowl has to retain some "shape" and "stability" in order to proceed down (or in some cases up) the pipes.

Any toilet paper, repeat any toilet paper, is safe to flush down a ship's toilet. Septic safe toilet paper means that the paper fibers will break down relatively quickly while stagnant in a septic tank. Ship's waste water systems are anything but static. Due to the rapid processing of waste water on a ship, the system is designed to remove paper fibers from the process flow as it is known that they cannot be digested in the time given. If you think that the dreadful toilet paper that cruise ships supply is "septic safe", I've got a bridge in NYC to sell you.

You are correct, that wipes and such, even those labeled "flushable" should not be flushed down ship's toilets. Paper products that are designed for "strength" (paper towels, wipes, etc) over "comfort" (tissues, TP) use woven paper fibers and do not break down in turbulent water flow. The "comfort" products use pressed fibers which will break down in turbulent flow, though the nature of vacuum toilets is that the "product" from the bowl has to retain some "shape" and "stability" in order to proceed down (or in some cases up) the pipes.

Thanks Chief. Case closed on paper towels down the toilet. ;)

Some of the chain stores (Target, Walmart) have paper towels (Bounty) in the travel/ trial size section. They aren't in a roll but there's about 50 sheets compressed flat into a travel pack.

Bought them once for a trip (not a cruise) because I needed to pack light and knew I needed paper towels. Worked great!

Since then I'll buy a roll( cheaper), tear off a bunch of sheets, stick them in a zip loc and throw them in my carry on...great for the beach.

Have never flushed any down toilets either.

Most public restrooms on the ship will have paper towels. Just take a bunch whenever you need them. EM

No paper towels in public restrooms on any Carnival ship that I've been on.