Upcharge steaks available in the MDR?

Flo71

We were going to book the Crown Grill on Royal Princess for probably 2 meals. I've looked at the menu and not keen on starters so we may be better paying to upgrade the main course in the MDR. Therefore my question is which steaks are available for an upcharge in the MDR?

Thanks

There are a couple of recent threads here. Do a Google search or a search here.

Some of the threads have pix of the menus.

BTW: it's not on all the ships yet, AFAIK

Can't find any recent information or any specific to the Royal - maybe not on the Royal yet?

Can't find any recent information or any specific to the Royal - maybe not on the Royal yet?

The only ship I read about having the up-charge Crown Grill steaks & lobster in the MDR was on the Ruby. They were testing a new menu which included things such as Chicken (2 drumsticks) and Waffles in the MDR for dinner. :rolleyes:

Included at the end of this post is a link to photos of the menus including the CG up-charge ($19-$29) items.

I apologize in advance for the quality of some of the pictures!

We did get pictures of 2 dessert menus, and all but the first night's dinner. But unfortunately forgot to get pictures of the lunch menus, when that was offered on sea days.

We enjoyed having different bread & butter offered each evening (types included in the menu), and regular butter was always provided upon request.

Also, a note about Anytime dining, we were a bit apprehensive with so many complaints about it, but we never experienced any problems or waits! We usually arrived between 7-7:45pm each night at either of the Anytime dining rooms, no reservations, and asked for a table for 2. We were alwayss seated right way. Although we did make sure that if we were planning to dine after the 6:15pm show, we sat close to an exit in the theater to get out quickly and beat the rush! Our service most nights was generally excellent and prompt (although one night we never did get the iced tea we asked for...).

https://flic.kr/s/aHskwh7hsc

We were going to book the Crown Grill on Royal Princess for probably 2 meals. I've looked at the menu and not keen on starters so we may be better paying to upgrade the main course in the MDR. Therefore my question is which steaks are available for an upcharge in the MDR?

Thanks

My DH does not like any of the starters either, when we go to the Crown Grill we ask for smoked salmon for him. We have to wait for them to get it but that is not a problem for us... So they do.

Yes they were doing a test market on the Ruby to see whether to use it fleet wide. I was on the Ruby in March & witnessed the change & talked to staff & officers about the changes.

Our dinning room steward said very few people order from the new selections.

Tom😎

My DH does not like any of the starters either, when we go to the Crown Grill we ask for smoked salmon for him. We have to wait for them to get it but that is not a problem for us... So they do.

Not thrilled with the starter in crown grill either. Didnt know you had options

I think someone on another ship besides Rudy posted about the upsells listed on their menu. I was on Ruby, March 31st when they rolled out the new menu and 3 weeks ago...the original menu was tweaked a little for the Alaska sailings. 2/3rds of our Alaska sailing was first time cruisers ...they were just loving the menu choices. So many spoke of how much they enjoyed their evening meal. Now the same old breakfast menu.....????

That is good to know, will see what simple alternative they can offer us. Thank you

I’m on the Royal now, so far I have not seen any upcharge steaks on the menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok, thank you, back to original plan before I read about possible upcharge steaks :D

I’m on the Royal now, so far I have not seen any upcharge steaks on the menu.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope you are enjoying the glorious weather in Liverpool today ( Sunday )

I'm not sure this will help the OP. It might, or it might help someone else who does not care for the choices of starters at the Crown Greill.

We usually dine in the Crown Grill two or three times per cruise. Nine times out of ten, my wife will order "Garlic Fries" for her appetizer. It's listed down at the bottom of the page that has entrees as one of the sides. The good news is that there is plenty for me, too.

;p