Canned soda?

satchimosmom

I’m one of those weirdos who requires a morning Coke (but apparently now Pepsi[emoji849]) as my preferred early morning pick me up. As I’d prefer to not have to trek up or down several floors and halfway across the ship to accomplish this, does NCL have canned soda available for purchase in any of their onboard shops? Would be thrilled to find a six-pack, but suppose I’d buy them as singles if I must.

Thanks!

I’m one of those weirdos who requires a morning Coke (but apparently now Pepsi[emoji849]) as my preferred early morning pick me up. As I’d prefer to not have to trek up or down several floors and halfway across the ship to accomplish this, does NCL have canned soda available for purchase in any of their onboard shops? Would be thrilled to find a six-pack, but suppose I’d buy them as singles if I must.

Thanks!

You can purchas canned soda in any bar on board, and bring it back to your cabin. I believe the price is around $3,00-3,50 incl. gratuities per can. There is also a few cans in the minibar in your cabin, among them usually a couple of cans of regular Pepsi - price would be the same as in any bar. If you prefer to (out of convenience) to just take the ones from the minibar in your stateroom, just talk to your room steward to make certain he/she replace it with new ones every day. :)

You can purchas canned soda in any bar on board, and bring it back to your cabin. I believe the price is around $3,00-3,50 incl. gratuities per can. There is also a few cans in the minibar in your cabin, among them usually a couple of cans of regular Pepsi - price would be the same as in any bar. If you prefer to (out of convenience) to just take the ones from the minibar in your stateroom, just talk to your room steward to make certain he/she replace it with new ones every day. :)

Thank you so much for your reply! We’ve booked a penthouse (always had an inside cabin before...lol), so should be able to have my Pepsi replenished easily enough!

Thank you so much for your reply! We’ve booked a penthouse (always had an inside cabin before...lol), so should be able to have my Pepsi replenished easily enough!

Only a few of the bars on he Jewel have cans. Most only use a gun. There is usually a bottled soda machine in the video arcade,,,, but I don’t remember if the Jewel has one.

Btw, which penthouse did you book. We had a SE froward facing penthouse to Alaska on the Jewel and it was AMAZING.

Only a few of the bars on he Jewel have cans. Most only use a gun. There is usually a bottled soda machine in the video arcade,,,, but I don’t remember if the Jewel has one.

Btw, which penthouse did you book. We had a SE froward facing penthouse to Alaska on the Jewel and it was AMAZING.

We got 9670, SF aft penthouse. Quite the upgraded experience from my customary inside stateroom [emoji16]

Traveling with my SIL who’s a first timer and insisted on a balcony...which was fine. When I called to book, NCL told me they could put us in a penthouse cheaper than a regular balcony (we didn’t book until late February for July sailing). I did warn my SIL that this won’t be her last time sailing and that she’s setting the bar pretty HIGH! [emoji23]

It was, obviously, crazy expensive compared to the usual. However, it’s great that we got it and I just know the scenery is going to be phenomenal!!!

We got 9670, SF aft penthouse. Quite the upgraded experience from my customary inside stateroom [emoji16]

Traveling with my SIL who’s a first timer and insisted on a balcony...which was fine. When I called to book, NCL told me they could put us in a penthouse cheaper than a regular balcony (we didn’t book until late February for July sailing). I did warn my SIL that this won’t be her last time sailing and that she’s setting the bar pretty HIGH! [emoji23]

It was, obviously, crazy expensive compared to the usual. However, it’s great that we got it and I just know the scenery is going to be phenomenal!!!

Get ready to be pampered. And get your butler list ready to set the highest bar for your SIL.

Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What sort of things would I want on my “butler list”?

Snacks and such. This link is from our suites cruise on the Escape in April. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2624246

We always have the butler keep bowls of bar mix, gummy bears, M&Ms in the room (that get stashed in baggies for snacking).

PB&J even for us big kids.

We have our minibar emptied and pitchers of ice tea and water kept full.

On early port days, the White tablecloth breakfast room service is great. There are breakfast cards in the room, ignore the checkboxes and write whatever you want on the card. We order omelettes, fillet steak, bacon, ham, hashbrowns, breakfast potatoes, fresh bread, juices, and a diet Pepsi.

Have your butler bring you some deck blankets to keep warm while you whale watch. Lots of sea life every day,,, humpbacks and orcas.

Some pics from our Alaska cruise on the Bliss are on this link. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2641186&highlight=bliss

Snacks and such. This link is from our suites cruise on the Escape in April. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2624246

We always have the butler keep bowls of bar mix, gummy bears, M&Ms in the room (that get stashed in baggies for snacking).

PB&J even for us big kids.

We have our minibar emptied and pitchers of ice tea and water kept full.

On early port days, the White tablecloth breakfast room service is great. There are breakfast cards in the room, ignore the checkboxes and write whatever you want on the card. We order omelettes, fillet steak, bacon, ham, hashbrowns, breakfast potatoes, fresh bread, juices, and a diet Pepsi.

Have your butler bring you some deck blankets to keep warm while you whale watch. Lots of sea life every day,,, humpbacks and orcas.

Some pics from our Alaska cruise on the Bliss are on this link. https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2641186&highlight=bliss

BirdTravels, you are my hero! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! [emoji16]

• 11 months later...
On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:46 AM, satchimosmom said:

I’m one of those weirdos who requires a morning Coke (but apparently now Pepsiemoji849.png) as my preferred early morning pick me up. As I’d prefer to not have to trek up or down several floors and halfway across the ship to accomplish this, does NCL have canned soda available for purchase in any of their onboard shops? Would be thrilled to find a six-pack, but suppose I’d buy them as singles if I must.

Thanks!

Thanks for posting this. My husband is the same.  I'm starting to feel ripped off before even boarding with what's not included and having to pay 20% gratuities. Think I should have stuck with Celebrity.

1 hour ago, smorrison said:

You can also use the vending machines in the port after security if you REALLY wanna bring them on to the ship, may even be able to get coke too!

But can you bring it back onto the ship.  ??   I don’t think you can.   

20 minutes ago, Ptroxx said:

But can you bring it back onto the ship.  ??   I don’t think you can.   

At the embarkation port this works.  You have already cleared security at that point.  While you are waiting in the lounge in Miami for boarding to begin there are is a vending machine in each terminal.   I think it was $2 per bottle of Coke.  There may have been cans, but I was buying my Coke Zero.

1 hour ago, CookieShip said:

Good tip, I usually cruise out of NY and not sure if I have noticed vending machines after security. Will keep an eye out next time, a few cokes on my cruise would be nice. 

NY has vending machines. But the one that I recently saw in the middle of the terminal was a Pepsi machine. Look for one right after security and see if has coke.

Remember the way this works is a vending machine AFTER the security check-point but don't be too brazen

going on board swiping your key card and accidently showing your goodies.

This only works at the embarkation port - at other ports of call the security check-point is right at the end of

the boarding gangplank.

Conceivably depending on how much the vending machine holds - one could make a few trips to load up

in small hidden batches - vending machine cost no doubt much better than NCL on board pricing.

Best bet is the UBP (beverage package) if you drink a lot be it soft or hard drinks.

26 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Just curious but why do you "need" cans?

Because when my husband takes his medication at 5 am anything else will be flat and I don’t expect him to leave the cabin to find an open bar. Nightly ritual on any other line we take is pick up a bottle of water and a pop for the morning. I’m paying almost $1,000 cdn just in drink package gratuities and I can’t get a can of coke. I’m honestly rethinking my entire booking at this point.