Celebrity move up program

armani123

Yes in my situation I was offered an opportunity to bid on either a Celebrity Suite, Royal Suite or Penthouse. I chose to pass on a bid for a Celebrity Suite but as mentioned previously did submit bids on both the Penthouse ( declined) and a Royal ( accepted). Now I believe this is a very particular cruise specific scenario and would be hesitant to suggest that this sets any kind of typical precedent. But yes I was indeed offered 3 different options.

• 2 weeks later...
Last month, I was offered at $100 minimum bit to move from Oceanview to Balcony on the Celebrity Infinty Alaska cruise. My bid of $110 per person was accepted and I moved to a very nice balcony on the 7th deck. So glad I did!

Just wondering how far in advance you were notified your bid was accepted? A couple of days before you sailed? Or earlier

How is it determined who gets the chance to upgrade. We generally travel with other couples, if only one had the chance to upgrade to a suite and received it, the other couples would not be able to go to Lumina unless they paid. Thanks ( I am looking on the Celebrity website, but not finding it. )

How is it determined who gets the chance to upgrade. We generally travel with other couples, if only one had the chance to upgrade to a suite and received it, the other couples would not be able to go to Lumina unless they paid. Thanks ( I am looking on the Celebrity website, but not finding it. )

Seems a lot of people are getting the email offer to bid. I think if you have signed up for promotional/marketing emails and they decide to offer Move Up you would get a email. On our cruise in 2 weeks a number of us in Aqua have received the email with the opportunity to bid on a Suite. Suites on this cruise are all sold out so unless someone cancels there won’t be any successful bidder.

We're taking our first cruise since the "move up" program started...next month. Some folks in our roll call have received the emails and I was feeling left out until I remembered that we are in a "group" booking although we'll never know who else is in our group (TA offer). That probably blocks us from being offered the move-up.

Just wondering how far in advance you were notified your bid was accepted? A couple of days before you sailed? Or earlier

I think the move up offer was about 14 days from sail date date, and my offer was accepted and acknowledged about 10 days in advance. Certainly was not in the last few days before saildate.

• 5 months later...

We received our upgrade today. We moved up to royal suite. We originally booked sky suite. We offered minimum bid on each higher suite (300 for celebrity suite, 600 for royal suite and 900 for penthouse suite). There will be 3 of us in a room but only the first two got charge extra. It's cost more and still pricey but still cheaper compare to booking the higher suite on it's original price. Regardless, we're very happy about it. Cruising this February 9th, Celebrity Infinity.50758829_10156454828992098_428017315229990912_n.thumb.jpg.3ace5c3d3a376b068aea4ffc2306e31d.jpg

• Like 1

Yes.  If you booked your sky suite with all 4 perks you retain them as well.  If for some reason you didn't get booking perks with your booking (like senior discount or resident discount) you would also get a premium bev package and unlimited wifi as well since those are also included with the RS.   You will REALLY enjoy the upgrade, great amount of space for 3 people as well as all the extra attention you will receive starting with a call from the shore side concierge.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes.  If you booked your sky suite with all 4 perks you retain them as well.  If for some reason you didn't get booking perks with your booking (like senior discount or resident discount) you would also get a premium bev package and unlimited wifi as well since those are also included with the RS.   You will REALLY enjoy the upgrade, great amount of space for 3 people as well as all the extra attention you will receive starting with a call from the shore side concierge.

Awesome!!! We did have all the 4 perks.We got prepaid gratuities, premium beverage package, onboard credit and internet but only for 2 person. We also got 50% discount for our daughter, she didn't get any beverage package nor prepaid gratuities and internet. 

It will be her first cruise and she got fortunate enough to be in higher end suite. Our first was inside state room but in Celebrity it was already awesome for us, Equinox inside stateroom were spacious enough. but of course we wanted to experience little more luxury the second time around😄

When we got upgraded, they only charged us for 2 people, now we're wondering, since three of us got upgraded to RS, will our daughter get what is included in RS? such as complimentary specialty dining, prepaid gratuities and beverage package (standard or classic non-alcoholic be fine since she's minor anyways:)) ?

Edited by iyhie06

6 hours ago, iyhie06 said:

Thank you wrk2cruise! that's what we were trying to figure out. if we get those perks too... glad you replied 🙂

That is fantastic news!  What a treat for you.  I really hope that this opportunity presents itself to me for my cruise on Solstice next month.  May I ask, how long is your cruise?  And congratulations!!!

11 hours ago, iyhie06 said:

When we got upgraded, they only charged us for 2 people, now we're wondering, since three of us got upgraded to RS, will our daughter get what is included in RS? such as complimentary specialty dining, prepaid gratuities and beverage package (standard or classic non-alcoholic be fine since she's minor anyways:)) ?

Your daughter will be entitled to the benefits of the Royal Suite, premium bev package, unlimited internet and unlimited dining but not the gratuities you have as part of the 4 perk program. I just asked Celebrity about this recently since I was trying to decide if we would offer a bid on a Royal Suite. The initial response I received was “No, none of you (we are a party of 3 too) get the Suite benefits but after I challenged that response and waited on hold for 7+ minutes I was told all Suite benefits included for all passenger and we would still retain the 4 perks for 2. You also only get CC points for the cabin you originally booked. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CruiseLifeIsTheBest said:

Your daughter will be entitled to the benefits of the Royal Suite, premium bev package, unlimited internet and unlimited dining but not the gratuities you have as part of the 4 perk program. I just asked Celebrity about this recently since I was trying to decide if we would offer a bid on a Royal Suite. The initial response I received was “No, none of you (we are a party of 3 too) get the Suite benefits but after I challenged that response and waited on hold for 7+ minutes I was told all Suite benefits included for all passenger and we would still retain the 4 perks for 2. You also only get CC points for the cabin you originally booked. 

Sweet!!! Thank you CruiseLifeIsTheBest!! Happy we got this! And yes, we had same experience talking to them, it was really hard to get specific answer. I guess it depends on who answered the call. I called to ask if we can have additional 200 OBC on top of what we have since we were platinum at MGM, the person I spoke with said No it cannot be combined with our package,. Few hours later my husband called and asked, and he was able to add the OBC from Mlife. I was like "WOW!" but cool, he was able to do it. Thanks again. I get more specific answer here than calling the cruise customer service. 😄

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Diamond lover said:

That is fantastic news!  What a treat for you.  I really hope that this opportunity presents itself to me for my cruise on Solstice next month.  May I ask, how long is your cruise?  And congratulations!!!

Thank you!!! It's 5 days 5 nights. Yeah hoping you get the offer too. We tried on penthouse...Maybe some other time 😄

CruiseLifeIsTheBest's answer is correct re your daughter.  She should receive all the perks that come with the RS.  And yes you will only get 8 cc points per day not 12 since you only get points for the category you originally booked, the sky suite.  If you consider the value to you of the additional perks you actually use, I'm sure you will find more and more that you got a pretty good deal.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Thanks 1

I'm in a CS for a cruise next week and got MoveUP offer for RS and PH.  All suites have been sold out for months.  Didn't waste my time and wouldn't at their min bids anyway.  But I think the OP did pretty well since they were 3 to a cabin and get additional amenities with the RS beyond the really nice cabin upgrade.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, iyhie06 said:

Sweet!!! Thank you CruiseLifeIsTheBest!! Happy we got this! And yes, we had same experience talking to them, it was really hard to get specific answer. I guess it depends on who answered the call. I called to ask if we can have additional 200 OBC on top of what we have since we were platinum at MGM, the person I spoke with said No it cannot be combined with our package,. Few hours later my husband called and asked, and he was able to add the OBC from Mlife. I was like "WOW!" but cool, he was able to do it. Thanks again. I get more specific answer here than calling the cruise customer service. 😄

You will also get a mini bar replenished daily with water, soda and beer and a bottle of wine or champagne.  I would spend some time here and on the Celebrity website reading about all of the benefits of the Royal Suite so you will know what to expect, and ask for if they don't appear.  You should get a call a week or so in advance from a shore-side concierge asking you about some preferences, and telling you about a special drop off spot for high-end suites at the cruise terminal.  You will get everything that comes with the suite, and if you don't, don't feel shy about asking.   Have a great time. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, MamaChach said:

May I ask for what ship, when is your sailing date and how much was it that it made you laugh??

First understand that I'm going solo on this cruise: Reflection, 11 nights, 2/18/19. Secondly, my choice of cabin was #7215, where I like to be. Naturally, I'm paying for two but I do get double points too. I've usually found the meals in the MDR on X to be very good and I usually only drink wine when on board although I still have significant OBC to use up on this cruise.

Move up offers were received yesterday with minimum "bids" listed: Aqua Class - $200, Sky Suite - $800, Celebrity Suite - $1000, Signature Suite - $1200, Royal Suite - $1600.

Now there are indeed many people who cruise and money is no obstacle and that's great for them. I enjoy cruising also but just a nice balcony cabin, and sometimes just ocean view is fine, MDR food and drinks, and occasionally speciality dining and great fellow passengers is all I really need.Two more cruises, after this one, booked for 2019 and two for 2020, with just the basics for me. 

PROCRUISE, since the bids are per person, I assume you would have to pay double the bid. Also since you have no desire to try some of the higher category or value the enhancements, it would make sense for you not to bid.

For others, not so laughable for 11 nights.  

• Like 1