Celebrity move up program

armani123

I received a “move up” email on Tuesday.  Notice the price chances in just three days.  I just went to email again and clicked on see details box and “SURPRISE !  New offers are Edge Villa $11,750, Royal Suite $7,750, Celebrity Suite $7,000, Sky Suitr $5,000, Aqua $1,900, Concierge $1,350. 

I had looked into how many rooms were available since final payment and their were several.  This is the Edge’ s first TA and was fully booked for a long time.  Maybe they received a lot of offers on Tuesday.  Although on our Roll Call no one stated they took advantage of this.

What to think?  You snooze you lose!

Here are some upgrade options, priced per person for the entire duration of the cruise:

UPGRADE OPTIONS
upgrade IMAGE

Edge Villa
From $3,000 USD pp
SEE DETAILS

Royal Suite
From $2,000 USD pp
SEE DETAILS
upgrade IMAGE
upgrade IMAGE

Celebrity Suite
From $1,400 USD pp
SEE DETAILS

Sky Suite
From $900 USD pp
SEE DETAILS
upgrade IMAGE
upgrade IMAGE

AquaClass Stateroom with Infinite Veranda
From $250 USD pp
SEE DETAILS

Concierge Class Stateroom with Infinite Veranda
From $50 USD pp
SEE DETAILS
upgrade IMAGE

12 hours ago, Ereggae said:

My minimum bid from Aqua to a Sky Suite was $450 per person.  Definitely not worth it.  Again another cruise line started this practice and they jumped on the bandwagon.

Wow, we were Aqua last cruise (Mediterranean September 2018)  and Sky this cruise (on board Solstice now, Australia/New Zealand) .  SO worth that $$$, and more!!  Cannot believe the difference!  Michaels club Concierge Olga was worth that money alone!  And then the Extra cabin, space, the private functions, eating and drinking without having to present your card, no special request too much for Luminae and Michaels....will never go back from Suite!  Admittedly could not care less about the Butler, mind you.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I just wanted to confirm, if you are booked in a CS but make an accepted bid on a RS or PH, you then get the perks that are included with those suites? - free laundry, unlimited specialty dining, etc.  We currently have a CS with the 4 perks included and some OBC, but would consider bidding on a RS if the RS perks are included.  After reading through this thread, it appears that, yes, we would get the RS perks, but I just wanted to confirm.

17 minutes ago, MarLieb said:

I just wanted to confirm, if you are booked in a CS but make an accepted bid on a RS or PH, you then get the perks that are included with those suites? - free laundry, unlimited specialty dining, etc.  We currently have a CS with the 4 perks included and some OBC, but would consider bidding on a RS if the RS perks are included.  After reading through this thread, it appears that, yes, we would get the RS perks, but I just wanted to confirm.

Yes, it might help to look at the inclusions with the RS and PH as benefits associated with the cabin category.  The booking “perks” are different and not related to the actual cabin category.  You get to keep whatever perks you originally booked.

11 hours ago, jagoffee said:

Yes, it might help to look at the inclusions with the RS and PH as benefits associated with the cabin category.  The booking “perks” are different and not related to the actual cabin category.  You get to keep whatever perks you originally booked.

Great, thank you.  We are happy with the CS and the booking perks we got, but I just wanted to make sure if we moved up to RS we would get the free laundry and unlimited specialty dining that came with the RS - otherwise, it wouldn't be worth moving up for us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/9/2019 at 5:30 AM, Diamond lover said:

Wow, we were Aqua last cruise (Mediterranean September 2018)  and Sky this cruise (on board Solstice now, Australia/New Zealand) .  SO worth that $$$, and more!!  Cannot believe the difference!  Michaels club Concierge Olga was worth that money alone!  And then the Extra cabin, space, the private functions, eating and drinking without having to present your card, no special request too much for Luminae and Michaels....will never go back from Suite!  Admittedly could not care less about the Butler, mind you.

Agree 100%!!  The suite life is worth the extra $ - And when doing the math adding in the extras such as onboard credit, premium drink package, pre-paid gratuities, etc.… The difference between aqua class and sky suite is nominal.  But the EXPERIENCE is fantastic!  We have learned how to enjoy the butler service. They truly want to serve and make your trip special - so we let them 😊

Our cruise is coming up 4 weeks from tomorrow.  I have been checking the Move-up link a few times a day to see if anything was being offered.  I even checked as late as this afternoon.  Still nothing.  Having not checked my email today, I noticed an email from Celebrity just now.  It was the Move-up offer email.  I was surprised to see that the email was sent out around noon today. Yet, nothing was showing on the Celebrity site.

Anyway,  unfortunately the minimum bid to move up a category for DH and I is $900 pp.  We were planning on bidding $500 pp.  There is nothing available above our AQ anyway, so we were not expecting to win a move-up.  Just wish we could bid what we want to and cross fingers. 😁   After reading on this thread, I do know that I should refresh the offer a few times a day...just in case.

BTW - We already have the 4 Best Perks, including the Premium Beverage Package, plus another $150 OBC from our TA. Moving up would not mean anything to us except a larger room and Luminae.

Edited by Iamthesea

12 minutes ago, cruisecrazedmom said:

I thought I had bid $50 per person to upgrade to ocean view from an inside. Somehow the bid ended up $550 per person!!  More than double what my. Raise price was. Celebrity will do nothing to help me.  BEWARE!!!!

OH NO!  I am so very sorry.

46 minutes ago, cruisecrazedmom said:

I thought I had bid $50 per person to upgrade to ocean view from an inside. Somehow the bid ended up $550 per person!!  More than double what my. Raise price was. Celebrity will do nothing to help me.  BEWARE!!!!

Did you get an email saying Celebrity received your bid? My email shows how much per person was bid and total for two people.

1 hour ago, cruisecrazedmom said:

Ouch...I am very sorry it happened to you.  That is something we all need to be careful of when bidding...Thank you for sharing!

1 hour ago, cruisecrazedmom said:

So your bid was accepted and now you're stuck?   I'd be so upset.

2 hours ago, cruisecrazedmom said:

If you have not won the bid already, you can change or delete the bid.

Yes, Celebrity makes it very clear that once your bid is accepted, you will be charged, and you cannot undo it.

Good warning to those submitting a bid.  

After I submitted my bid, I immediately received an e mail from Celebrity.

The email clearly indicated the category, the $ per person of my bid, and the total $ for the bid.

If this email shows you bid as $50, you might be able to get Celebrity to reconsider.

Good luck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

If you have not won the bid already, you can change or delete the bid.

Yes, Celebrity makes it very clear that once your bid is accepted, you will be charged, and you cannot undo it.

Good warning to those submitting a bid.  

After I submitted my bid, I immediately received an e mail from Celebrity.

The email clearly indicated the category, the $ per person of my bid, and the total $ for the bid.

If this email shows you bid as $50, you might be able to get Celebrity to reconsider.

Good luck.

That's what I think you should do...look for the email. If you deleted it sometimes you can search and it will come back. I would search " Celebrity Moveup".

Same here.   Withing minutes of placing the bid I received an e-mail from Celebrity MoveUp and it confirmed both the per person bid as well as extension for both passengers.    There is also a button to modify/cancel the bid.

579532829_moveup.jpg.55e546a1110141550c9992a36d4b25f2.jpg

• Thanks 1

For those interested, a “Celebrity MoveUp Tracker” spreadsheet has now been set up on this thread.  Go to the “last page” of the message thread to find the link and the “questionnaire” if you wish to participate by submitting your information.  Information being compiled is for both those that do bid and those who decided not to bid.  IF bidding, further information gathered whether the bid was successful, or not.  

Tracker will run for ~ 6 months and after that, will decide if it is worth pursuing for a longer period of time.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/2/2019 at 5:48 PM, cruisingxpert said:

I think the travel agent likely gets the commission because I got a Move Up offer on the Edge from Celebrity and within 10 minutes I had a forwarded email from my travel agent with the same information.

Hi Catherine,

How did you like your Celebrity cruise? We are cruising with them on 6/5. My Dad's condition is stable now so we booked this last minute trip departing from Cape Liberty in New Jersey (driving down is much less stressful than flying). Our only other cruise on Celebrity was on the Century in 2000!

Trying the Move Up program with some weak bids on the suites as this cruise is not sold out. Not sure if you know that I had to cancel the Oceania Cuba cruise. My Dad relapsed right before the final payment so I decided not to go. Did your friend enjoy it? What is new with you?

Kathy