Different Menu Rotation on Equinox

helen haywood

We just sailed on Equinox on June 2, 2018. We've sailed X quite a lot. I know some of the ships don't have the ability for you to check the MDR menus on the cabin TV but Equinox does. (On our previous sailing on Reflection in April of this year they were not available. Go figure.) Anyway, as I say, we've sailed X a lot and always enjoy the first night's menu which features, among other things, prime rib as an entree. We've therefore never taken advantage of the 30% discount for specialty restaurants offered that first night. I don't know why I checked the TV's menus shortly after the cabins were available but luckily I did because the first night's menu was not the regular one! It was, I think, what is usually the Day 3 menu, which we aren't fond of. I fished the 30% discount card out of the trash and called and made a reservation at a specialty restaurant! So I'd suggest if you are able to check the menus on the TV that you do so as soon as you board and make your plans accordingly.

Thanks for the heads up...esp for M and S class

We usually skip BLU and specialty dining on the first night and book an early time at the MDR just for the prime rib which is not offered in BLU . Prime Rib has been a tradition in the MDR.

Of course on EDGE...things may be different altogether,

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks. I thought so. As for Murano, I'd prefer not to spend $50 pp to get a lobster tail, no matter how great it is.

Try the Oceania line. All the lobster tail you would like, every evening @ the Terrace Cafe - no extra charge.

And, surf and turf sandwich @ Waves for lunch. I order Surf & Turf, no bun, no fries. Delish!

Also, no extra charge for the specialty restaurants. Go ahead, spoil yourselves.

Can't wait for Dec, and booked for Dec 2019 too.

Good heads up.

We usually check the dinner menus.but not for the first night in MDR ...assumed it'd be Prime Rib. Next 2 cruises are on EDGE.. once in BLU, next one in the 4 MDR Select Dining.. Things will be diff with those....

How do we download the app?

...we have a Samsung tablet...android

The app is a Celebrity app called Celebrity Cruises. I downloaded it from Google Play on my smart phone.

Do you have an Android? This app will not work on my phone, a Samsung Galaxy 8. The app opens and it says, "pick your ship", I click on that, then a screen appears that has a message and says "preview ships available" but it won't let you click on it.

I have an android Nexus 5X running 8.1.0. It worked fine on the Equinox in March. I just checked and it is still working. It’s useful but if something is critical to you, check the dailies, posted menus, etc. It was sometimes loaded with the incorrect days activities/menu.

Why would we spend (at least) twice as much to do Oceania primarily for better food that's already been paid for. It's a personal choice that each of us makes based on our own criteria...no right or wrong.

I was responding to 39august - who commented $50pp for lobster tail.

The specialty restaurant charges really add up. There is no additional charge for any of the incredible specialty restaurants.

The cabins (we always get a PH) are impeccable, and the service is beyond comparison.

We both worked hard, retired very early (40 & 54); and now we're enjoying our lives.

Not really looking forward to our Equinox Oct cruise, but I'll make the best of it.

Happy cruising everyone.

Did you have the internet package onboard? I will be in airplane mode and will not have internet (planning to disconnect except for in port to check in a few times, my mom will have internet if I need it) but I would like to have access to the app.

Honestly, once you are onboard I don’t really see any use for the app...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like to just carry my phone in my wristlet. It syncs to my apple watch and takes excellent pictures. I won't be taking another camera since we did the same itinerary last year on the same ship. Not carrying the daily planner is nice and lets me keep track of what I will be doing, especially in the evening.