Live from Quest - June 16th 2018

Lottie A

The same five. They were excellent. Glad I went and saw a different show.

Phil

Glad you enjoyed it we certainly did, ranked up there with Ana Rucner in Dubrovnik, same mixture of modern and classical possibly.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To our standards probably yes, but to yours...?

Well, I think we know the answer. [emoji1]

I live for the day when I see someone as accomplished as you!

I am glad I am still on my pedestal.

Hope you're enjoying your trip.

On this cruise too and having a lovely time. No issues with any of the bar tenders or servers with included drinks, but did upgrade after a couple of days. Mainly because in addition to better vodka (Ciroc for me instead of my usual perfectly acceptable Finlandia) it gives me more wine choice on the reds too.

The younger people onboard have been no issue for me. Mainly because this is port intensive wth no sea days. I understand from João that there are nearly 500 Azamara repeaters on the next cruise, so you just never know. It changes from cruise to cruise. I have to say there has been a very nice mix of guests on this leg. Very friendly and polite. Apart from me! Haha

Phil

500 wow- most i have had is 350 or so. the Norway cruise is always high. wonder how many the new ship got for August. Glad to have Joao back.

In Monte Carlo today. Lovely weather...not too hot but pleasantly warm. It's change around day with all the new passengers coming onboard so the ship is busy.

We have moved cabins today and it was a painless procedure. Our cabin stewards did all the hard work for us.

We went to Italian buffet last night and it was just fabulous as usual. Then we danced in The Living Room for a while. There were some amazingly jiggly Brazilian ladies dancing there to the delight of all the men! 😄

Some friends came onboard from Oceania Marina, in port with us today and we had a lovely few hours with them. Other friends are boarding Quest today as well, so lots of fun will be had next week too.

Not intending to do anything much other than relax onboard today.

In Monte Carlo today. Lovely weather...not too hot but pleasantly warm. It's change around day with all the new passengers coming onboard so the ship is busy.

We have moved cabins today and it was a painless procedure. Our cabin stewards did all the hard work for us.

Indeed it was a wonderful day in Monaco.

I have a question. When did you know that you would be switching staterooms?

When we returned to the ship we were surprised to learn from our attendants that we had been moved. The hardworking staff did an amazing job, but it was certainly unfair that we had not packed at all while they had new cruisers coming on board.

So we are wondering did we drop the ball, or was it our travel agent or the office in Miami?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We went to Italian buffet last night and it was just fabulous as usual. Then we danced in The Living Room for a while. There were some amazingly jiggly Brazilian ladies dancing there to the delight of all the men! 😄

Some friends came onboard from Oceania Marina, in port with us today and we had a lovely few hours with them. Other friends are boarding Quest today as well, so lots of fun will be had next week too.

Are you on a B2B ? Why did you change cabins?

We will be doing a similar itinerary in August. Thanks for posting.

When we returned to the ship we were surprised to learn from our attendants that we had been moved. The hardworking staff did an amazing job, but it was certainly unfair that we had not packed at all while they had new cruisers coming on board.

So we are wondering did we drop the ball, or was it our travel agent or the office in Miami?

I always knew at home. I would book a B2B Cruise and be told I would switch cabins then. Never a big deal to me. If you book far enough out rarely happens but sometimes it does. I am talking a year out. I also thought it was on your finally docs. I tend to move everything before I leave the ship. Also the new room key was in. Y cabin the night before,

In this case not your fault at all. Sounds like the ship make a mistake on sending you the letter about moving times and the key, I would say something to the HD and the front desk manager,

In this case not your fault at all. Sounds like the ship make a mistake on sending you the letter about moving times and the key, I would say something to the HD and the front desk manager,

Thanks for the comments.

In our case we were merely surprised, but the room attendants were seriously inconvenienced.

Surprising to us not only because we didn’t know about the switch, but our new stateroom is the mirror location on the port as opposed to the starboard side.

Your stateroom number is in your confirmations.

Thanks for the comments.

In our case we were merely surprised, but the room attendants were seriously inconvenienced.

Surprising to us not only because we didn’t know about the switch, but our new stateroom is the mirror location on the port as opposed to the starboard side.

I bet they wondered where you went too. I think you have to switch around 830. i have moved stuff and the new cabins bed not made or beds made and trash is there. i just lock stuff in safe and toss stuff on clost floor. sort it out later. had the butler help in the past too.

Your stateroom number is in your confirmations.

i thought so! But if I am doing back to back i only print out one boarding pass. But i always had the room key etc the night before. i even gone looking for it so i can get out faster.

I bet they wondered where you went too. I think you have to switch around 830. i have moved stuff and the new cabins bed not made or beds made and trash is there. i just lock stuff in safe and toss stuff on clost floor. sort it out later. had the butler help in the past too.

i thought so! But if I am doing back to back i only print out one boarding pass. But i always had the room key etc the night before. i even gone looking for it so i can get out faster.

The best scenario is to have the same stateroom b2b. The only way we will do a b2b.

It was absolutely a piece of cake. We knew we were changing staterooms anyway. I would never let it stop me doing a B2B.

In Cannes today and it's our Azamazing Evening of Cabaret at The Marriott Hotel Theatre.

Saw the show yesterday by the Quest singers and thought it was very good.

Lottie, we are very much appreciating your postings. We’re doing B2B on Quest in July/August and will be changing cabins in Monte Carlo, so it’s good to know it is a painless procedure.

Very interested to hear that you managed to get friends on board. Please can you tell me how to do this? We have friends meeting us in one of our ports and we’d love to be able to show them round the ship.

Enjoy your day in Monte Carlo!

Brenda

Lottie, we are very much appreciating your postings. We’re doing B2B on Quest in July/August and will be changing cabins in Monte Carlo, so it’s good to know it is a painless procedure.

Very interested to hear that you managed to get friends on board. Please can you tell me how to do this? We have friends meeting us in one of our ports and we’d love to be able to show them round the ship.

Enjoy your day in Monte Carlo!

Brenda

Brenda, in the past we have contacted Nicole the LCV manager but of course, sadly she has left Azamara and there is no replacement for her as yet.

I did make enquiries before we left and was told it would not usually be a problem but that security screening of the guests must be done.

So the first day onboard we asked the Hotel Director Tomasz would it be possible for friends to visit us onboard for a few hours as both ships were in Monte Carlo together. They were on Oceania Riviera. Tomasz was very helpful, as always. We gave the names, passport details etc to Guest Relations on embark day and the security screening was completed. I filled in a form to say how long our guests would be onboard and whether they would be having lunch, which was $25 pp.

They messaged me when they were at the gangway and I went to meet them. They were issued with visitors passes and then we all had a few enjoyable hours onboard. I was responsible for them onboard but my friends were very well behaved! 😄

Just to say that I don’t believe it is normal practice to be able to invite friends on the ship, but it does no harm to ask, giving some notice. In their usual style Azamara will try to accommodate, but i wouldn’t guarantee that they will be able to do it.

Phil

Thanks, Phil, we’ll give it a shot and hope for the best.

I did it in Osaka several years ago. I turned in her name and drivers licence number . I went out to port guys and met her there, walked her on the ship. We toured the ship and had coffee. Then off for some sightseeing.

I was on another line and they wanted address and DL. Number. Same steps.

I find it fairly easy to do.

That’s the idea. Not to say they won’t do it, but just be prepared if they say no. They are used to travel partners visiting in port (for obvious reasons), but not so much for guests. Just tell them your friends are looking to book a cruise. Lol

Phil

In St Tropez today and it's a beautiful morning. They are just dropping the tenders down.

We are going to Port Grimaud today as we have been here many times. A bit of shopping, a boat trip and a lot of eating and drinking are the plans for today! :D

We had the Azamazing Evening in Cannes last night. It was in the theatre of the Marriott Hotel on The Croisette. I think it met with a somewhat mixed reception. Some pax loved it and some thought the strobe lighting was far too bright and the music a little out of keeping with the cinematic theme. I enjoyed it in parts. The Chicago, Michael Jackson and the Can Can dance at the end were good...some amazing dancers. The rest not so much. We were in the first tender and coach off the ship so of course, had to wait for 45 minutes in the rather warm theatre for the others to arrive. I was hot and thirsty.

On return to the ship we had the usual snacks in Windows cafe and then some went dancing in The Living Room.

There still have been no problems with getting any "included drinks" onboard except I paid for one Aperol Spritz and the next time I didn't. Think it depends on the bar staff. Loving the new Frozen Sangria and Prosecco cocktails.

You can apply online. They charge you $ 25,00 op for lunch an drinks. We were invited last week by friends on Journey.

Bob en Cor