***HAL's website - what a mess!

Hal&Rob

Similar experiences. Vapour ware with terrible support and dubious business practices. Our installation was apparently the largest and most complex install of SAP ever attempted. Nightmare, huge cost and time over runs and the epitome of under performance, verging on fraudulent behaviour. Dishonest employees and sub contractors, they would tell barefaced lies if they thought they could get away with it.

I feel sorry for the poor front line IT people at H and A who are probably taking the heat on this debacle.

We must be talking about the exact same product - surely the Oracle lightning did not strike twice in the exact same way .But I suspect it did. So much for the lure of "public-private partnerships" to leverage tax dollars - ours was a public institution. Oracle always put their own business interests well ahead of our public ones, 100% of the time.

The title to this posting should “What a Disaster”, not “What a Mess”!

Tried to log into my account. They have our name and Mariner number. Can’t get to my bookings. And they have no record of us ever cruising with them! After more than a 1000 days on HAL, my Mariner status is no longer 5, but 1.

They no longer have any info on us. They want us to put it all back into the system. I can’t imagine who would want to sail on their ships having to go through such a messy website. And they can’t admit that they have a problem and bring back the old website which worked fine on mobile devices. Sounds like change for change sake!

Tried to log into my account. They have our name and Mariner number. Can’t get to my bookings. And they have no record of us ever cruising with them! After more than a 1000 days on HAL, my Mariner status is no longer 5, but 1.

They no longer have any info on us. They want us to put it all back into the system. I can’t imagine who would want to sail on their ships having to go through such a messy website. And they can’t admit that they have a problem and bring back the old website which worked fine on mobile devices. Sounds like change for change sake!

How do you know they want us to repopulate our data? I have an inquiry in to the Mariner society and am waiting for a reply. I doubt that they expect us to repopulate their database. If that were the case, I’d definitely be a five-star Mariner in no time! [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just logged in to the old site, and both my Mariner records and two reservations are there and complete, as far as I can tell. However, it's been hit-or-miss today, so perhaps the HAL IT gnomes get tired sometimes, and it all falls apart. Time will tell...

How do you know they want us to repopulate our data? I have an inquiry in to the Mariner society and am waiting for a reply. I doubt that they expect us to repopulate their database. If that were the case, I’d definitely be a five-star Mariner in no time! [emoji23][emoji23]

I logged into our account and they wanted me to redo all our personal information. Looks like the info that is normally there is gone!

And then I tried getting into our Mariner status and there was no record of us having ever sailed with HAL.

Naturally, I sent feedback. But they must be getting feedback from everyone who logs on.

I logged into our account and they wanted me to redo all our personal information. Looks like the info that is normally there is gone!

And then I tried getting into our Mariner status and there was no record of us having ever sailed with HAL.

Naturally, I sent feedback. But they must be getting feedback from everyone who logs on.

You may want to wait a bit before re-entering your info: it may overwrite what's still in the system and which can't be seen because of the manifold problems. Sometimes patience can be virtue.

For those of us who were able to log onto the old website today, all of that personal information was there. HAL's problem isn't that they've lost the information (yet?), just that the website is experiencing difficulty accessing it.

I just logged in to the old site, and both my Mariner records and two reservations are there and complete, as far as I can tell. However, it's been hit-or-miss today, so perhaps the HAL IT gnomes get tired sometimes, and it all falls apart. Time will tell...

Exactly. That is why I was surprised.

Old website logged on right now - mariner status and reservation page are intact. Then it all went dead - unable to access shore excursions or anything else. Clicked the tabs and got nothing in response.

With a booking number I was able to check-in. That part seemed to be part of the old website.

We used a MAC Laptop to check in. After getting our boarding passes, I looked for my HAL Mariner status hoping that the info I had just added to the computer would update our file. Still HAL has no record of us sailing with them, despite over 35cruises. And no list of my bookings unless, I give them the number.

I send in feedback about the Mariner’s Status. Hopefully I will get an answer back.

The title to this posting should be “What a Disaster”, not “What a Mess”!

Sounds like change for change sake!

That's the mark of the Orlando Ashford regime - change EVERYTHING even if the replacement is crap. He's clueless. Don't expect HAL to be any good while he's around.

That's the mark of the Orlando Ashford regime - change EVERYTHING even if the replacement is crap. He's clueless. Don't expect HAL to be any good while he's around.

I am tired of the Ashford bashing. Blame his bosses for a change, Stein Kruse and Arnold Donald. They hired Ashford, haven't fired him, and evidence suggests that it is CCL's IT contractors who developed the new website.

I am tired of the Ashford bashing. Blame his bosses for a change, Stein Kruse and Arnold Donald. They hired Ashford, haven't fired him, and evidence suggests that it is CCL's IT contractors who developed the new website.

Try out the Princess website, it works fine. I haven't tried Carnival's in a long time but when I looked it also worked fine.

Yeah, blaming the President of the company makes no sense when it's going down the tubes. :evilsmile::evilsmile:

:evilsmile:

No, the blame belongs at the top of Holland America, Mr Ashford. Not even a courtesy notice to booked passengers stating "We are presently experiencing website difficulties. Please bear with us. You are our valued customers and we are working 24/7 to get this right."

No, the blame belongs at the top of Holland America, Mr Ashford. Not even a courtesy notice to booked passengers stating "We are presently experiencing website difficulties. Please bear with us. You are our valued customers and we are working 24/7 to get this right."

I agree! The blame always resides at the top! Even though someone else will get fired over this. And the sound of concern for customers by simply acknowledging that they’re having issues and are working on them is deafening! NOT! [emoji35]

For those of you still having website issues, try the old site using this link. It seems okay at this time.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-deals?legacy=true

This link takes you to the same new website. I am prolific with websites and due to my business, easily adapt to newly revised websites. HAL's new website is tragically redesigned. Every task requires 2-5 steps. ALL personal Mariner data has vanished! With a new website personal information should have seamlessly imported from the initial debut of the new site - or at least within 48 hours! It has not!

When you talk to PCC, they can't even navigate the new site! HAL should have had their customers do some beta testing before introducing the final product to their customers.

But, Seabourn's website hasn't changed. It is basically the same model as HAL's old one (with some minor differences) as are the other CCL websites.

So, why just change HAL's? That has to be Ashford's doing, not Kruse or Donald's.

Perhaps our complaints should be going straight to them (Kruse, Arnold) so they know how fed up we are?

B

So, why just change HAL's? That has to be Ashford's doing, not Kruse or Donald's.

Admit it. None of us know what Ashford has done on his own and what his bosses have ordered him to do.

"CCL has a new IT contractor, Orlando. They were the low bidder. French, you will love them. We're going to have them modernize HAL's website first."

The buck does not stop on Ashford's desk.

IMHO, I don’t understand why companies feel the need to make some of the changes they make! Especially since the HAL primary demographic would suggest that change is not easily accepted, and before I get crucified, I’m not saying this applies to everyone - some people embrace technological change, but some of us prefer changes to be made in much smaller increments. I’m a true believer in “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”! But it looks like HAL has subscribed to the philosophy of “if it ain’t broke, break it!”. Well, it looks like they succeeded. [emoji23][emoji23]

Admit it. None of us know what Ashford has done on his own and what his bosses have ordered him to do.

"CCL has a new IT contractor, Orlando. They were the low bidder. French, you will love them. We're going to have them modernize HAL's website first."

The buck does not stop on Ashford's desk.

The buck for HAL stops at Ashford's desk. Period. He is still there. And this website is a mess. At a minimum he can send out courtesy notices but he has failed to protect his customer base. He needs to care more about his own business reputation, rather than claim it was someone else's fault. Sorry, but Ashford is a management fail if he passively lets his customers- past, present and future - continue to get abused by this website. Who got blamed for New Coke? The one at the top.

This link takes you to the same new website. I am prolific with websites and due to my business, easily adapt to newly revised websites. HAL's new website is tragically redesigned. Every task requires 2-5 steps. ALL personal Mariner data has vanished! With a new website personal information should have seamlessly imported from the initial debut of the new site - or at least within 48 hours! It has not!

When you talk to PCC, they can't even navigate the new site! HAL should have had their customers do some beta testing before introducing the final product to their customers.

I tested that link before I posted it, and I can assure you it takes you to the older site (notice "legacy" in the URL?). I also checked last night and all my Mariner information was intact. My background is database administration. It's very likely the data is secure, it's the front end with the issues.

Edited by tkwbear