***HAL's website - what a mess!

Hal&Rob

I light a candle, did a dance for the internet gods and was able to print out my boarding docs this morning. It's the little things. :-)

:') Well done :hearteyes:

DH came in ranting last night trying to do online check-in for our next cruise, so I decided to give the new website another try myself to see if this old dog could finally learn some new tricks if I spent a little more time trying to unlock its new alleged virtues

So I tried to play around seeking new cruises and the general exploration of offerings I would engage in on the old websites. I was reduced to a screaming harridan and left a string of "feedback" comments, that ultimately led to my final one in ALL CAPS.

Too many screens to scroll through, too many jumpy graphics, too much wasting time to get even the simplest information or no concrete information at all, and far, far too many misdirected clicks -when I click Bermuda I don't expect to get linked to cruises to Cuba and no Bermuda. Which was a test because I did not think HAL was going to Bermuda anyway, but there it was, enticing Bermuda graphics luring me to explore.

Exhausted, annoyed and frustrated - no, I did not learn any new tricks. (Mac using Safari- and no, I don't expect to have to use an unfamiliar search engine to "make it work")

I agree their website is very annoying. Did my check in the other day, and when I got to the screen that asked about where I was flying to and back to, it was almost impossible to choose my city. Finally got it but after much swearing and frustration.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Well, I guess I’m one of the lucky ones! We’re within 50 days. I was able to print luggage tags no problem and on the same page is the link for the boarding pass but that’s not active yet. It indicates “50 days” is an estimate to be able to print boarding passes so I’ll just wait a few more days to see if it gets activated. I also figured out how to get to the pages that show available cabins when booking a cruise so it looks like they’re trying to fix things....slowly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well, I guess I’m one of the lucky ones! We’re within 50 days. I was able to print luggage tags no problem and on the same page is the link for the boarding pass but that’s not active yet. It indicates “50 days” is an estimate to be able to print boarding passes so I’ll just wait a few more days to see if it gets activated. I also figured out how to get to the pages that show available cabins when booking a cruise so it looks like they’re trying to fix things....slowly.

We usually get an email letting us know they are ready to print. Got one a few days ago and had good luck printing everything this morning.

We usually get an email letting us know they are ready to print. Got one a few days ago and had good luck printing everything this morning.

Yes, that’s how it has worked for us previously too. I just wasn’t sure it would all come together with their website issues. Thanks for the info!

• 1 month later...

Argh! Now it’s booking non refundable fares without the warnings. Beware! Thankfully I was doing just a hold.

Or it changes the price shown from one screen to the next! Then a few hours later the lower prices reappear.

And when you call in, they are not able to do anything.

I just wish someone actually cared. It takes the joy out of booking a cruise. What should be fun isn’t. And I am just realizing for the amounts I am looking at I could probably book a luxury cruise;p

I have been trying to search for a real 14 day Florida round way cruise instead of two 7 day b2b cruises. Is there a way on the website to specify that?

Rotterdam - Dec 2, 2018 - 14 Day RT out of Tampa - full circle tour - looks very good. Heard the Tampa cruises were sold out, but this was not indicated.

The rest of the HAL cruises all do go back to FLL and then out again to get the full 14 days.

Would have taken at least 90 days to find this full RT 14 day Rotterdam one on the HAL website.

• 1 year later...

I see these reports are from last year about HAL's website. Well it is October 2019 and I am also having an issue. It tells me my login is incorrect and that my session expired. I even reset my password, tried a different browsers, used my phone and tried to log in from an email...NOTHING. 

Anyone else having issues? 

5 minutes ago, AdinaMarie13 said:

I see these reports are from last year about HAL's website. Well it is October 2019 and I am also having an issue. It tells me my login is incorrect and that my session expired. I even reset my password, tried a different browsers, used my phone and tried to log in from an email...NOTHING. 

Yes, I just tried it. It's likely down, which isn't unusual. However, it HAS been improved slightly. SOMETIMES you can actually change your room number. It's still not as good as the old one, which wasn't anything special either.

1 hour ago, AdinaMarie13 said:

I found that my browser was blocking pop ups of the HAL site. Once I allowed pop ups the site worked properly. 

33 minutes ago, Kamloops50 said:

I found that my browser was blocking pop ups of the HAL site. Once I allowed pop ups the site worked properly. 

I allowed pop-ups, but it still didn't work. It tells me my session expired and I must log in again. When I do that, I see "unable to reach server." Anyone else having that problem? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

~Maya