RCI drydock schedule

10 minutes ago, cublet said:

Alternatively, given its position, and speaking from a position of ignorance, I would have thought it would be prime location for further cabins - sorry, staterooms.

While a nice location for the CL, it would make more sense for cabins back there - of course the question then is, where do they put the CL/SL?

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I thought Adventure or Indy had trampolines added.   

Enchantment doesn't have VR tech

35 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

I don't think so - at least I didn't see anything like that on either ship and have been on them in the past year.

Indy had a SkyPad added during her dry dock earlier this year.

No trampolines on Adventure. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fun2snorkel said:

I believe the Enchantment is the only ship with a trampoline.  And it is fun!

Skypad is technically a trampoline with bungee cords like Enchantment.   Skypad adds the VR tech

Edited by John&LaLa

14 hours ago, cot427 said:

True! I wonder what it is...too costly to add, too costly to staff or lines to long? I'd love to know, but those who have done the Skypad seem to enjoy it. 

Skypad is a one time thing - pople do it 1 time and most likely never again.....

Staffing cost is very high - they need 5 people to operate and the place is always deserted as people will only do it once ...not again and again like a climb, skate or slide.....

Skypad is the second entertainment flop after the Abyss slide!

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

10 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Skypad is a one time thing - pople do it 1 time and most likely never again.....

Staffing cost is very high - they need 5 people to operate and the place is always deserted as people will only do it once ...not again and again like a climb, skate or slide.....

Would be great for the silhouette of the ships if they take this big yellow balls down again. But I am happy if they add no more of them to other ships.

8 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

If I read this correctly, there are 6 more ships that will be amp-up with the Skypad. Any chance it will be pulled?

http://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com/content/uploads/2018-2019-Fleet_Guide.pdf

Perhaps as word gets around, more people will use it?

Well that flyer would make you think Navigator is getting a SkyPad during her upcoming dry dock, but she is not. Based on the date at the bottom, that flyer was made just before the first ship emerged from a Royal Amplified dry dock, before Royal would have had time to analyze feedback. 

We all seem to assume this means the SkyPad was a failure, but it could also be that Royal just wants to create variety between ships. Or it could very well have been a failure and the SkyPad won't be added to any other ships. 

We'll have to wait and see.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

7 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

We all seem to assume this means the SkyPad was a failure, but it could also be that Royal just wants to create variety between ships. Or it could very well have been a failure and the SkyPad won't be added to any other ships. 

We'll have to wait and see.

Thanks!

I just went back and read the fine print: "Highlights and features may vary by ship even within one ship class."

12 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Have you sailed one with Skypad yet? 

My grandson loves the bungee trampoline on Enchantment.  

Edited by John&LaLa

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Have you sailed one with Skypad yet? 

My grandson loves the bungee trampoline on Enchantment.  

Yes - it is NOTHING like a regular trampoline - it is more of a cinema ride... where the chair moves like the 3D movie.....how many time will you see that 3 minute movie?🤔

The fun is gone once you know what happens next!

The trampoline is just so the robotic bungee-crane  has somthing to drop you in and pull you from....

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

1 hour ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Yes - it is NOTHING like a regular trampoline - it is more of a cinema ride... where the chair moves like the 3D movie.....how many time will you see that 3 minute movie?🤔

The fun is gone once you know what happens next!

The trampoline is just so the robotic bungee-crane  has somthing to drop you in and pull you from....

But you aren't a 7-10 year old, they do the same stuff over and over again. 😉 Also, aren't there a couple of different story lines?  I'd like to think they could easily purchase more scenarios from the vendor. 

45 minutes ago, Fun2snorkel said:

Thanks for the info John. I had not heard of the skypad!  I loved the trampoline sailing out of a port!  Haven’t done it since the ship left Baltimore. 

We sail her (Enchantment) tomorrow,  I'll go up and see what kind of shape in.

48 minutes ago, Fun2snorkel said:

Thanks for the info John. I had not heard of the skypad!  I loved the trampoline sailing out of a port!  Haven’t done it since the ship left Baltimore. 

We sail her (Enchantment) tomorrow,  I'll go up and see what kind of shape it's in.

Sorry, edit screwed up.  

Probably operator error

Edited by John&LaLa

11 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

I also went with this logic.  Mariner and Navigator will both be sailing short Bahama trips.  There will be enough of a difference that it may intrigue guests to sail on both ships to experience the full array of offerings.  I feel this way sometimes about ships within the same class - if I experience Oasis there isn’t anything on Allure that would be any different.  But if you put different attractions on each, it keeps the experience fresh within the same class of ship.

• 4 weeks later...

Several people have asked about Explorer of the Seas drydock.  I have the 9 Night Southern Caribbean Sailing booked for 3/20/20.  When I log into RCCL.com my reservation now shows "20 Day Dry Dock Cruise" from 3/20/20 to 4/9/20.  So it looks like I'll be getting a call from the redeployment team soon. :(  Was really looking forward to this 9 night cruise but hopefully we will find another option.

37 minutes ago, Desert Cruizers said:

se8117396, daughter & I are on the March 1 & 8 2020 freedom Southern Caribbean out of San Juan. The March 1st sailing gives us 2 extra ports ( 5 ) not counting San Juan our start & end port.   because there is only 1 sea day. 

Great, thank you for the heads-up...I'll keep an eye on this option for sure!

On 11/14/2018 at 8:01 AM, Biker19 said:

The Nov '19 dry dock of Quantum may provide some clues to what, if any, changes will be made to Anthem, though being in different markets may affect the changes. I don't see any slides, skypad, nor many cabins to be added to Quantum class.

Hi Biker ☺️

Since Dynamic Dining is long gone, I'm curious if anything will be transformed concerning the four main dining rooms; American Icon, Silk, Chic & Grande dining rooms. They were only designed for that particular purpose. 

I'd like to see the Grande MDR (deck 3 Port side) and the Silk MDR (deck 4 port side) turned into one huge two level main dining room. 

I'd like to see the Chic MDR (deck 3 starboard side) and American Icon MDR (deck 4 starboard side) turned into one huge two level main dining room. 

Too costly? Too much of a long shot? Possible? What-cha think? 

☺️