RCI drydock schedule

On 8/7/2018 at 5:56 PM, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Agreed re cabins. Mariner and Indy's cabins remained pretty much unchanged. With Oasis being even newer, I think the cabins will stay as is, besides required maintenance and furnishing replacements.

Wait really? I’m reading about 120M amplified refurb to Mariner and Navigator and the cabin furnishings and beds will be the same?

31 minutes ago, SAmome said:

Wait really? I’m reading about 120M amplified refurb to Mariner and Navigator and the cabin furnishings and beds will be the same?

Yes, mattresses are replaced regularly throughout the year. Furnishings are repaired and maintained as necessary. 

The money is spend on the public areas and not the sleeping accommodations. 

Anybody notice the new deck plans for Navigator? Although they aren't fully completed yet (deck 5 is still old/wrong) they are moving the gym to deck 12 aft/port side and adding a bunch of cabins to deck 11 forward in front of the solarium.

They did not do this on Mariner.

On 6 August 2018 at 6:36 AM, CookieDiva said:

Hi Ken. So it’s been 5 weeks or so since the Allure has been pulled from the April 2020 cruising schedule. No information out from the company. Any thoughts on what might be going on there?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Brisbane port has vision of the seas booked for the season,a week turn around.

maybe it's a dummy booking for allure ???

On 6 August 2018 at 6:36 AM, CookieDiva said:

Hi Ken. So it’s been 5 weeks or so since the Allure has been pulled from the April 2020 cruising schedule. No information out from the company. Any thoughts on what might be going on there?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Brisbane port has vision of the seas booked for the season,a week turn around.

maybe it's a dummy booking for allure ???

Is it safe to assume Explorer won't see any updates until post-April 2020? We have a 9 night booked in Feb 2020 and considering about adding a 5 night, but overall she looks a little ragged and dated. May have to pass on this one and look for a Southern Carib itinerary elsewhere.

15 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

Is it safe to assume Explorer won't see any updates until post-April 2020? We have a 9 night booked in Feb 2020 and considering about adding a 5 night, but overall she looks a little ragged and dated. May have to pass on this one and look for a Southern Carib itinerary elsewhere.

Explorer is scheduled to get amped in 2020, but yes, it does seem the earliest would be April 2020, after the last posted sailing April 3rd. That may work, prior to her getting assigned to a new summer assignment or back to Europe. 

I have to say, having just been on Explorer, I'm glad I'm doing the Navigator for the Caribbean next year, as she will be post-amped. I was not impressed with Explorer last month, but the ports made up for it. I would not want 4 days at sea on her. Ship was just a little dated, the food was not good and service was just okay. 

1 hour ago, paulh84 said:

Royal have a great record for pullimg ships off cruises to do a dry dock. Some are planned years in advance others are not.

If it was going to happen the odds are it would be in the January/February time when revemue for fares are at a low.

38 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Royal have a great record for pullimg ships off cruises to do a dry dock. Some are planned years in advance others are not.

If it was going to happen the odds are it would be in the January/February time when revemue for fares are at a low.

That is true. A couple things would surprise me of a later cancellation in this case though. The first being Explorer isn't mentioned in any of the "Amplified" material. Secondly, those 9 night ABC island itineraries are very popular so I would be surprised if they canceled any of those. Of course they could skip the Amplified upgrades and just do the typical drydock refresh. Time will tell...

3 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

That is true. A couple things would surprise me of a later cancellation in this case though. The first being Explorer isn't mentioned in any of the "Amplified" material. Secondly, those 9 night ABC island itineraries are very popular so I would be surprised if they canceled any of those. Of course they could skip the Amplified upgrades and just do the typical drydock refresh. Time will tell...

Explorer is scheduled to be “Amped” sometime in 2020.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

5 hours ago, paulh84 said:

Explorer is mist certainly mentioned in the amplified literature.

http://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com/content/uploads/2018-2019-Fleet_Guide.pdf

Hello,

I see from another thread that we Europeans are going to get the Anthem in 2020. However the season starts with a dry-dock of three weeks. This fits almost exactly with its fifth anniversary. I have looked at the Royal Amplified flyer and cannot see anything mentioned about any changes to the Anthem so wondered (a) what changes, if known, are planned to the Quantum on its fifth birthday, and (b) whether any changes already made to Freedom/Voyager class will be replicated on Anthem.

Regards,

Cublet

PS: I survived the Navigator's "Minor Technical Situation"!

The Nov '19 dry dock of Quantum may provide some clues to what, if any, changes will be made to Anthem, though being in different markets may affect the changes. I don't see any slides, skypad, nor many cabins to be added to Quantum class.

Edited by Biker19

14 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The Nov '19 dry dock of Quantum may provide some clues to what, if any, changes will be made to Anthem, though being in different markets may affect the changes. I don't see any slides, skypad, nor many cabins to be added to Quantum class.

Hopefully! The ugly skypad would fit as done on Spectrum....

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

^ considering that Navigator is NOT getting Skypad during her dry dock, I assume that was a one time innovation that is not working out. 

True! I wonder what it is...too costly to add, too costly to staff or lines to long? I'd love to know, but those who have done the Skypad seem to enjoy it. 

3 minutes ago, cot427 said:

True! I wonder what it is...too costly to add, too costly to staff or lines to long? I'd love to know, but those who have done the Skypad seem to enjoy it. 

It's not like RCI hasn't tried this before - Enchantment has a similar system, which no other ship has.

Hello,

One of my worries is whether the CL will be no more but morph into a Suite Lounge. Alternatively, given its position, and speaking from a position of ignorance, I would have thought it would be prime location for further cabins - sorry, staterooms.

Regards,

Cublet