What is the 1 thing you would like to see Carnival improve?

A&Jfamily

Incorrect. 80 days on Carnival (Platinum) gets you a free drinks and snacks party per cruise as well.

Not to mention laundry (and personally I'd rather have that than drinks).

My concern is if Carnival implements everything you guys are asking for - I'm going to be paying more for a whole bunch of stuff I don't use or want.

I would like to see them offer a drink package that includes all drinks except alcoholic drinks similar to RC refreshment package.

Yes, THIS! I would love a drink package that would be, say, "Bubbles Plus" that includes specialty coffees, shakes, energy drinks. I asked John Heald a couple weeks about this and he replied that it is one of the many ideas they are looking into.

We don't drink soda but enjoy shakes and energy drinks, typically only do a couple alcoholic drinks, so this would be ideal.

This (along with room stewards who can give room service more than once a day).

And to echo a previous post, move away from mega ships. I like the size and layout of the Conquest class. Bigger isn't always better.

Room stewards can still give you twice a day service.

1. Image

2. Service levels

3. Food

4. Entertainment

5. Passenger/crew ration

6. Repair ships before they break

7. Repair staterooms

8. proactive on customer service instead of reactionary customer service.

You've experienced all these issues have you?

For those not liking the Vista class ships, on the Vista they do have the comedy in the main theater at least once during the cruise.

The one change I would like to see is that they stop people from saving multiple seats for the shows.

I would love it if Carnival would put an actual pool in the Serenity area, not just hot tubs.

And if I might sneak in a second item: get rid of the shower curtains and put in shower doors like the RCCL ships (at least the ones I have been on). No matter how I fiddled with the curtain, I flooded the bathroom every time I took a shower when we were on Glory last year. And I realize that this would be a huge, costly thing to do for ships now in service but for new ships just in the planning stages...please!

I second the addition of more room stewards with fewer rooms they're responsible for as well as the 2-man dining team with fewer tables.

Are there ships with single person serving teams? We have never had a shop without a three person team.

Try one of the Princess Royal class ships and you will be blown away by the buffet

I have sailed Ruby Princess and yes I did like their buffet....but was not impressed with the service in the MDR. The demographics on our cruise (5 day during Spring Break out of FLL) was not what we expected either. I can only take hearing "My Way" so many times. Just prefer a little more younger crowd than we had. Enjoyed the cruise as a whole, but don't think we will sail them again for another 15 years or so. It was my least favorite cruise to date and we have we enjoyed other cruises so much more and for less $$$.

Yes, THIS! I would love a drink package that would be, say, "Bubbles Plus" that includes specialty coffees, shakes, energy drinks. I asked John Heald a couple weeks about this and he replied that it is one of the many ideas they are looking into.

We don't drink soda but enjoy shakes and energy drinks, typically only do a couple alcoholic drinks, so this would be ideal.

You can have pre-paid bar costs w/o the expense of Cheers by purchasing Cruise Cash Bar. Estimate how much you think you will spend throughout the cruise, maybe add an additional $25-100 depending on how much "extra" you think you might want to try and purchase that much in Cruise Cash. It will still be lots less than Cheers but since you paid the bar in advance, no bill at the end. You do risk having some unused credit that is non-refundable, but all beverage services are included in Cruise Cash Bar. This includes tips for your server, room service beverages, and sharable drinks (like samplers or fish bowls) that aren't included on Cheers.

Are there ships with single person serving teams? We have never had a shop without a three person team.

We only noticed one server on our Pride cruise (any-time dining). The only time I recall a three person team was Regal Princess, traditional dining.

We wish they would improve their pizza! Years ago, it was much better!

Marsha

I agree. It used to be much better than it is now. The last cruise that I was on (2 yrs ago) I had 2 slices on the whole cruise.

I'd like to see them reverse course, get away from trending toward mega ships, and get back to building ships the size of the Conquest class ships, with more public space and fewer passengers. I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd LOVE to cruise on a brand new Conquest class ship.

I would LOVE this too!!!

You can have pre-paid bar costs w/o the expense of Cheers by purchasing Cruise Cash Bar. Estimate how much you think you will spend throughout the cruise, maybe add an additional $25-100 depending on how much "extra" you think you might want to try and purchase that much in Cruise Cash. It will still be lots less than Cheers but since you paid the bar in advance, no bill at the end. You do risk having some unused credit that is non-refundable, but all beverage services are included in Cruise Cash Bar. This includes tips for your server, room service beverages, and sharable drinks (like samplers or fish bowls) that aren't included on Cheers.

But there is no cost savings doing it this way, like there is with Bubbles and Cheers. That’s the whole point.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Someone's post just made me realize that if I would ask one thing of Carnival to improve upon, it would be what they offer for the 18-21 year old (or even lets go 25) young adult group. They really are fish out of water once they age out of camp. They are too young to drink - and probably do not have the money to gamble.

So...I would like to see Carnival create a true program for the young adults. With perhaps even a dedicated space like the teens have. Because even though my son is a rising JR in college, his interests and ship board activities are pretty much the same - just now with much more difficulty meeting people from his age group.

What would you like to see Carnival improve upon?

The one thing I'd like to see Carnival improve is their loyalty program. There is too large a gap between levels to the point it isn't an incentive to book again, and the loyalty rewards need to offer options where customers can choose their preference of rewards from a menu to reduce waste. Probably 75% of the rewards I receive are meaningless....as in I leave them behind or never use them (and they create waste) so they're not the incentive they're intended to be and they're wasted. The fact that Carnival spends money and resources to offer these meaningless things is not beneficial to corporate profits nor are they beneficial to me as a customer. This isn't an issue of "gratefulness," but it is an issue of meaningful use of corporate resources that result in corporate profits. Why should a publicly-traded company waste money on something that doesn't result in a reasonable expected return? For years, I've placed the strawberries and other free "treats" left for me in my cabin outside my cabin for pickup because I do not want them. What a waste. It's not that I'm not grateful. They're just not something I want or value, and honestly I hate to waste them, but Carnival doesn't give me an option of choosing something I'll use or eat.

Just wait, when you reach Diamond, you will get free drinks during happy hour (4:30 - 8:00) in the lounge, or 3 free drinks in bars, or any combination of that. Free pictures, free lounge area, discounts, priority boarding and numerous other little things.

How do you get these rewards as a Diamond?

Return to the old loyalty plan where cruises were counted, not days at sea! Sure, those that live close to the ports have many more cruises than I do but living in the middle of the country makes it harder to reach Platinum or Diamond level. I reached Platinum at 10 cruises but my son now has 10 cruises but still many days at sea away from reaching same status. Go back to counting cruises, not days.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

Just wait, when you reach Diamond, you will get free drinks during happy hour (4:30 - 8:00) in the lounge, or 3 free drinks in bars, or any combination of that. Free pictures, free lounge area, discounts, priority boarding and numerous other little things.

How do you get these rewards as a Diamond?

By sailing Royal Caribbean. ;p