What is the 1 thing you would like to see Carnival improve?

A&Jfamily

Change up the menu in the MDR. It seems that every ship has the exact same menu for day 1, day 2, etc. A little creativity would be appreciated.

And if I can throw in #2, designate someone on each ship to be the Chair Hog Police to enforce their own rule about saving chairs. Start tagging them at 7am and make a lap every 40 minutes to actually remove belongings. You'd only have to do this till 10:00 or so when people will start actually staying in their chair.

If I were to come up with one thing I'd like to see changed, it would be for Carnival to get their own private island. They have a history of using others' islands including RCI's island but I think if they had their own, they could make it their own...meaning keeping CCL's fun theme ashore like what RCI is doing to Coco Cay (and did to Labadee), and what NCL did to Harvest Cay.

That sure could fit, it is interesting that the cruise line with the most ships in the Caribbean does not have a private island.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If I were to come up with one thing I'd like to see changed, it would be for Carnival to get their own private island. They have a history of using others' islands including RCI's island but I think if they had their own, they could make it their own...meaning keeping CCL's fun theme ashore like what RCI is doing to Coco Cay (and did to Labadee), and what NCL did to Harvest Cay.

Most likely it's less expensive to use someone else's island than it is to buy and create one of their own.

Most likely it's less expensive to use someone else's island than it is to buy and create one of their own.

None of these cruise lines bought anything. They entered into long term leases and partnerships with local government agencies. The local governments and development authorities put up the money for development on the leased space, and the cruise line guarantees X number of guests over a period of time, each to be charged a per person port tax that is a direct pass through to the government. In the case of CocoCay being further developed with additional features the cruise line does pay part of that, but also gets favorable tax abatements.

I'd argue it is more expensive, over time, to sublet these spaces, but in short to medium term if they are not being used daily or weekly it can be a smart business move where Carnival gets the benefit of the improved space, but is only paying modest usage fees and the gov't is still taxing the guests.

Sure. But any improvement will cost something. I'm just responding to the OP's question of what I'd like to see improved with CCL.

Then welcome back!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What does that mean???? The entertainment has improved? No more Playlist or Hasbro?????

I'm Platinum and enjoy the overall Carnival experience, but stopped sailing with them about 4 years ago because of the entertainment, which is important to me. In that department, they don't deliver what I want - it's a deal breaker for me.

What does that mean???? The entertainment has improved? No more Playlist or Hasbro?????

I'm Platinum and enjoy the overall Carnival experience, but stopped sailing with them about 4 years ago because of the entertainment, which is important to me. In that department, they don't deliver what I want - it's a deal breaker for me.

It may not be what you are looking for anymore but that doesn't mean it is bad.

None of these cruise lines bought anything. They entered into long term leases and partnerships with local government agencies. The local governments and development authorities put up the money for development on the leased space, and the cruise line guarantees X number of guests over a period of time, each to be charged a per person port tax that is a direct pass through to the government. In the case of CocoCay being further developed with additional features the cruise line does pay part of that, but also gets favorable tax abatements.

I'd argue it is more expensive, over time, to sublet these spaces, but in short to medium term if they are not being used daily or weekly it can be a smart business move where Carnival gets the benefit of the improved space, but is only paying modest usage fees and the gov't is still taxing the guests.

Actually that is not always the case. Great Stirrup Cay and Half Moon Cay are both owned by their respective cruise lines. DCL and RCI have long-term leases for their islands.

You asked if it had improved, the answer is yes. If those two names are the difference for you (note I said names as opposed to what the level of talent is) than you will not be happy (ever again, probably). If you want, I can tell you what these improvements are, or we can move on. Your choice.

Actually that is not always the case. Great Stirrup Cay and Half Moon Cay are both owned by their respective cruise lines. DCL and RCI have long-term leases for their islands.

GSC you may be right; it was an oil pump sandbar before NCL got involved in late 1970's.

It may not be what you are looking for anymore but that doesn't mean it is bad.

Different strokes for different folks - The topic is what one thing would I like to see Carnival improve and for me that is the entertainment.

My son loves Carnival, but primarily for Guy's. He doesn't care two hoots about entertainment.

Edited by mek

You asked if it had improved, the answer is yes. If those two names are the difference for you (note I said names as opposed to what the level of talent is) than you will not be happy (ever again, probably). If you want, I can tell you what these improvements are, or we can move on. Your choice.

Well I'm always open to hearing other opinions. so what exactly has improved?

Well I'm always open to hearing other opinions. so what exactly has improved?

live bands in the main shows, actually they are pretty good on the Horizon. Carnival is about entertainment all over the ship.

Carnival specific:

Food in the MDR, I find it barely edible. Also would like vegetarian options in the mdr other than the horrific single daily Indian option. I think the fast food and specialty restaurants range from average to great but the MDR is lacking imho.

The cabin decor on most ships - those browns and oranges look so dingy.

Move the comedy shows tons bigger venue - I love them and find they can't hold all that want to attend.

All cruise lines :

Bigger and more pools.