Dry Dock

I read that Allure was heading to dry dock spring 2020. We were hoping to sail on it fall 2020 Eastern Carib. Anyone know how long a dry dock normally takes. Any way to look that up?

It depends on what needs to be done.

Oasis just had her 2019 drydock extended because they decided that they needed more time.

And Allure had some serious mechanical problems not too long ago.

So you never know.

I read that Allure was heading to dry dock spring 2020. We were hoping to sail on it fall 2020 Eastern Carib. Anyone know how long a dry dock normally takes. Any way to look that up?

We will know sometime next Spring when the new itineraries normally come out. They will likely block out (prevent guest booking) the period of time reserved for the dry dock.

Why does it matter to people when the ship goes into dry-dock?

I would guess some don’t want to book a cruise right before or right after drydock.

Others might want to cruise after the ship has left drydock because it’s been refreshed and might have a few new features.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why does it matter to people when the ship goes into dry-dock?

I could care less when it goes in, I was interested when it comes out.

Why does it matter to people what other people care about?

So lets say Allure is still in dry dock Oct 2020, will there be another Oasis class ship or lesser making the eastern carib run? Or do they just not have anything to the area? The location is more important then the ship.

Thanks

So lets say Allure is still in dry dock Oct 2020, will there be another Oasis class ship or lesser making the eastern carib run? Or do they just not have anything to the area?

The three other Oasis class ships will be in FL in the fall of 2020 doing Eastern runs.

Most drydocks are scheduled for the minimum two week period. Work normally begins before the end of the ships last regularly scheduled sailing and may continue after the drydock concludes. Work goes on twenty four hours a day while in drydock so that all maintenance issues are addressed. In some instances drydocks last even longer. I recently sailed on the Independence Of The Seas fourteen day Canary Islands sailing from Southampton, England. The ship just recently completed a forty five day drydock at the yard in Nassau, Bahamas. Extensive work was done in most passenger areas. A new sports bar was constructed on Deck Four in an area that once housed the Photo Gallery. Water slides were constructed and new furniture was added in the Main Dining Rooms and the Windjammer Buffet. The ship left Nassau on a non revenue Transatlantic Crossing. Work was concluded during the Transatlantic Crossing. The ship which entered service in 2008 looked great and was in great shape after its extended drydock.

Just realized that the drydock was in Freeport and not in Nassau. Sorry about that. During the cruise we saw the Mariner Of The Seas at a service dock in Cadiz, Spain getting her forty five day makeover before she begins short cruise service from Miami, Florida.

The three other Oasis class ships will be in FL in the fall of 2020 doing Eastern runs.

Biker, thanks for the info. So could I anticipate that there would be one ship in Miami, Ft Lauderdale and Port C going to the Eastern Carib? Is there any way to tell exactly which ships are going where in Oct 2020, or will I have to wait until they publish the schedule.

Biker, thanks for the info. So could I anticipate that there would be one ship in Miami, Ft Lauderdale and Port C going to the Eastern Carib? Is there any way to tell exactly which ships are going where in Oct 2020, or will I have to wait until they publish the schedule.

Info may come out before release, but no guarantee exact dates/sailings this far out

Harmony is likely to stay at PE and Symphony in Miami. Oasis will be a toss up but may go back to PC. Figure RCI will do like this year and list itineraries for those ships early.