Live From Quest, 30th June

cinnamon

I’ve enjoyed your postings too, cinnamon, especially as we’re getting on the Quest as you get off! Really glad to hear so many positive comments, especially about the food - looking forwards to trying it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Having just got off Quest HGC I agree with Cinnamon about the food in the MDR. It was much improved and we enjoyed several dinners there. Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice picture of Captain Jose. We will be on the Quest in a couple of weeks from now.

In relation to Ibiza, do you think it is possible to do it on your own? We have never been there before. It has a reputation of a party place. Any comment on that?

We did it on our own but we just walked around the local town, it is very hilly to get to the cathedral. We had a lovely day. During the day it didn’t seem very lively at all, although we were there on a Sunday.

Friday 6th July

Firstly last night. [emoji3]. Well it was wonderful! As two of our previous Azamara Cruises were Transatlantics, we’d only had a White Night once, in Gibraltar. I’m pleased to say that yesterday in Elba was just as good, if not better. We sat with our new Aussie friends, Carol and Brian and had a great evening. The food was superb, the entertainment great and my Fitbit proved I did a fair bit of dancing. [emoji6].

We needed our alarm this morning for breakfast in Windows before meeting for our tour in the Cabaret at 8.45, having docked at 8.00. We have previously visited Florence, Pisa, Lucca and spent a day in Livorno itself and wanted to experience the Tuscan countryside. We chose a tour called ‘Tomato Tasting’ and it was one of, if not the best, ship’s tours we have taken. There were only 8 of us, another British couple from Hampshire, an Aussie couple and an American couple from N Carolina. Our guide was Cinzia (Italian for Cynthia) and she had spent some of her childhood in Australia so her English was excellent.

After about a 75 minute picturesque drive along a coast road and out into the country our first stop was Bolgheri. It seemed to be a classic Tuscan village, very photogenic, a few artisan shops (yes, I bought inexpensive jewellery [emoji6]) and lovely cafes.

Our second stop was the organic Tomato Farm and processing plant. We learnt a lot about the agriculture of this family business and tasted the local wine plus around 8 different tomato products. A short lived thunderstorm prevented us walking round outside but we had enormous fun at the tasting. What was supposed to be a 4 hour tour was more like 5 1/2 hours.

I highly recommend this tour if it is offered and you’ve seen Florence etc already.

After a brief rest we did our basic packing and had a cuppa in Mosaic before sitting reading on the Prom deck.

Tonight’s show is a female singing Impressionist, Christine Pedi, the first entertainment offered under the 54 Below at Sea banner.

I will probably only finish this blog once I am home tomorrow afternoon or even on Sunday and will try to add some photos then.

It has been one of our best cruises but is all too short at only 7 days. As this year we have already visited India and have trips to Canada and Florida yet to come, it had been a conscious decision this time to go for quality - 7 days Azamara - rather than quantity, a 14 night Princess cruise which we cancelled. However I don’t think we’ll do that again. I feel that a minimum of 10 or 11 days is really needed to appreciate all that this line offers. Fortunately we have 17 nights next spring on Pursuit to which we can look forward. Plus lunch on Pursuit at the end of the month. [emoji3]

Many thanks for all of the lovely posts from your cruise.

We have only once taken a seven day cruise and, even travelling from within Europe, vowed "never again".

Sadly, by the time you have settled in you are thinking about packing to disembark ... not the most relaxing way to spend your holiday!

We, too, are on the Pursuit 17 day Rio to Lisbon and look forward to many days of relaxing and enjoying the ship.

We are going on our first seven night cruise in a couple of weeks. I guess it will not be enough, but we did not have the time to do a longer cruise at this time of the year. Not our only cruise this year though, so we have something else to look for.

We get off the ship tomorrow after a fabulous 7 day cruise, we have loved every minute, every member of the Azamara team have been amazing, it seems like a very happy crew to us.

We did miss the dancers, but there probably wouldn’t have been time for dance classes.

It was a brilliant white night.

We loved eating the odd evening meal in the patio, so nice to eat outside and every meal was perfectly cooked.

We are looking forward to our next cruise on Pursuit even more now, just hope lives up to the Quest.[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]

We are going on our first seven night cruise in a couple of weeks. I guess it will not be enough, but we did not have the time to do a longer cruise at this time of the year. Not our only cruise this year though, so we have something else to look for.

Although I posted to the contrary I think that a seven day cruise may work for some.

I think that I simply don't want to get off after 7 days ( but then, however long the cruise, I just want to stay on an Azamara ship!)

Although I posted to the contrary I think that a seven day cruise may work for some.

I think that I simply don't want to get off after 7 days ( but then, however long the cruise, I just want to stay on an Azamara ship!)

I agree. Our first 5 cruises were 7 days.

The problem is that whenever we reach the half way point of our cruise I start counting down to when we have to go back to real life.

I agree. Our first 5 cruises were 7 days.

The problem is that whenever we reach the half way point of our cruise I start counting down to when we have to go back to real life.

The only solution I know for that is the reports from some people who have been able to make a booking whilst onboard to stay onboard for a b2b. Lucky them!

Saturday 7th July, from FCO

Yesterday evening we watched Sailaway at 7.00 pm from the Living room. My last Bellini and DH had his Becks. The last dinner in Discoveries did not disappoint and I had the superb always available Creme Brûlée for dessert.

The show by Christine Pedi was right up my street and I gather she will be repeating it in a few days. She sang some songs from the Broadway spoof musical, very funny, plus some good impressions. There was Cabaret style seating on the dance floor to add to the 54 Below atmosphere.

On heading back through Spirits we saw that there were only a few overs left of the England v India T20 match and it looked tight! We were delighted to see our side achieve a good win. In Mosaic we had a lovely chat with the Prof, Craig Benjamin, before hastily heading back to our cabin to get our cases out before the 11.00 pm deadline.

Our private transfer was booked by our agent at 7.15 for an 11.40 flight. We had been a little concerned that we would not be able to disembark between 6.30 and 7.45 as advised mid week. However, Nphira (sp?) assured us we would be fine. In fact after breakfast al fresco at the Sunset Bar again all was well. They called for passengers to begin departure at 7.15, the luggage having been off loaded very quickly. Our driver was waiting for us, and we were at FCO by 8.05. No worries about 11.40 being too early a flight. [emoji6]

Mercifully the BA desk was open, the WiFi is free and pretty fast but it’s still a long time to hang around.

Ah well. That’s all for today. England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 are playing in the World Cup ️ this afternoon and as were only 12 miles from LHR will probably be home in time.

Photos to come.

Corinne.

The footie is too tense!

Tour called ‘Panoramic Ibiza Island’.

A visit to the Salt factory was actually a drive past the Salt pans where we could only take photos through the coach window.

9706f6a7aafe95ed7bdaa34921e71146.jpg

The ‘charming fishing village’ of San Jose was actually an inland village called San Joseph.

8ba39193891dedb1733de3207b8b855c.jpg

64898980722696b5cad62a364791424b.jpg

cd318075f3811b670590fda70eefa5c1.jpg

I didn’t take any photos in the ‘charming village’ of San Antonio as it is actually a large town, the centre for cheap package holidays, full of young Brits walking round the cafes and shops wearing limited clothing.

Neither was I able to ‘have my camera ready for photos of the spectacular beaches’ as we didn’t see them.

I did report to Paul at the Shore Excursions desk that the tour description was very inaccurate but heard nothing further. It was charged at $75.00 pp. [emoji45]

Quest was docked very close to the town in Ibiza, next to a very futuristic looking yacht. 1946bde25458f81ac6629c7bae9e44a1.jpg7e04f226c384611529bceeb7da2a9a11.jpg45bc2177df5d3cbb98ae4a182351d93d.jpgd7b74439e038e6fc658162c8961a7b00.jpg

The view from deck 11 at night.

f9a560eba5108c081e16935fa75657e4.jpg57221a3b7b4e28ee703c3f35b751486b.jpg

I’m sorry that the picture of the Flamenco show is poor quality, they’re all just iPhone snaps.

Across the harbour in Palma, Majorca, the new Symphony of the Seas was docked, the largest cruise ship in the world. Not our cup of tea but I’m sure some people love it.

2fecc70e87fd89f5f8ea83f8edc6b6bc.jpg0aac510ba1b07652bb092e595ccc02ca.jpg

Our Azamazing evening.

ab3f55d4ecdc55fd86a4c91bdb1f57e3.jpg0f7122ddb0fcaaf0756cce40cb1ec963.jpg0cf4e90bf088a659f9d8d8df2fb7286c.jpgf2c1afced2542534aaf2b17a49bc7d29.jpg

Lots of zoom needed for the choir photo.