Booking a specialty restaurant for 17 people.

We are taking the family on the Allure to celebrate our 50th anniversary. On the day of our actual anniversary we want to have dinner in a speciality restaurant. Our TA is offering dinner for one night in a speciality restaurant so the charge will be covered. How can I make reservations for 17 without having to pay the charges? Is there a restaurant that can sit us together? Is there a department that we should be contacting?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why not do Chef's Table. You can likely get it for your party exclusively. Not sure about Allure, but on most ships it's limited to around 16 people or so and it's a wonderful dinner and experience. Your TA may not cover the cost, but would be worth checking into. We did it on Vision last year and there were 12 of us traveling together and we had Chef's Table to ourselves. Very nice and fun evening.

We are taking the family on the Allure to celebrate our 50th anniversary. On the day of our actual anniversary we want to have dinner in a speciality restaurant. Our TA is offering dinner for one night in a speciality restaurant so the charge will be covered. How can I make reservations for 17 without having to pay the charges? Is there a restaurant that can sit us together? Is there a department that we should be contacting?

Check the terms of your TA dinner, but our experience with those is that you must make reservations on board.

I wonder if we paid for the dinner pre cruise, if we could then transfer the speciality restaurant credit to the booking when we board?

Depends on the terms of your TA offer, read the fine print.

You won’t be able to make one reservation for all 17 people on line. It maxes out at 8 or 10.

Trying to make it in smaller groups creates challenges as well. You may make reservations for the first 12 (assuming you are making reservations in groups if 4) and when you go to make the last reservation you will not be able to make it at the same time as that time slot is now full. There is no way of knowing in advance how many spaces are available for each different time slot.

Is there any special department at RCCL that I should contact in advance? I’m not comfortable waiting to make arrangements until we board. We are staying in a suite and do have access to a concierge. But, I’m not sure what they could do to help.

Why not do Chef's Table. You can likely get it for your party exclusively. Not sure about Allure, but on most ships it's limited to around 16 people or so and it's a wonderful dinner and experience. Your TA may not cover the cost, but would be worth checking into. We did it on Vision last year and there were 12 of us traveling together and we had Chef's Table to ourselves. Very nice and fun evening.

We have 7 children with us, I’m not sure Chef’s Table would be worth it.

Is there any special department at RCCL that I should contact in advance? I’m not comfortable waiting to make arrangements until we board. We are staying in a suite and do have access to a concierge. But, I’m not sure what they could do to help.

The concierge might be able to help except if you are planning to use the complimentary meals from your TA which come with restrictions. If you are planning to pay, then possibly.

Like others said, the terms of your voucher from your TA most likely prevent it but you could try rcldining@rccl.com

if you book before boarding, you will be charged up front and have to arrange for the credit once you are on board. furthermore, it will most likely be difficult if not impossible to book for a party that large ahead of time.

the best option is to book immediately once on board, although you may not have the pick of time if you are dead set on a specific date. with a party that large you can expect to be at minimum 2 tables, although you might be able to get them close together.

We did 24 people at wonderland on harmony. There are some restrictions though. They will provide you certain times to choose from, either very early or very late. They also said it would be 2 tables, but when we arrived, they were able to accommodate everyone at one table.

We had to pay the entire fee at time if booking. There were several rules about cancellations, no refunds within days of sailing. It’s also better to get this all done before dining ressies open up to public. Each ship has a special events person that you need to email, your TA should be able to get that info. Good luck.

We did 24 people at wonderland on harmony. There are some restrictions though. They will provide you certain times to choose from, either very early or very late. They also said it would be 2 tables, but when we arrived, they were able to accommodate everyone at one table.

We had to pay the entire fee at time if booking. There were several rules about cancellations, no refunds within days of sailing. It’s also better to get this all done before dining ressies open up to public. Each ship has a special events person that you need to email, your TA should be able to get that info. Good luck.

Great. I will do that with my TA. Did you have any speciality restaurant credits? I’m wondering if it might be easier to do the dinner in the MDR. Did you have any other meals together?

Great. I will do that with my TA. Did you have any speciality restaurant credits? I’m wondering if it might be easier to do the dinner in the MDR. Did you have any other meals together?

We had obc and a specialty restaurant credit from our TA. We used that at Chops on another night. The other 5 nights, we ate in the MDR and had 2 ten tops and a four top all in the same area. We moved around a little, but basically just stayed at the same tables all cruise so the waiters got used to us.

I would check with the Department who handles weddings and vow renewals. They have arranged affairs like this for their clients. ,maybe of you reached out to them, they could help you also. Better yet, at the time, prearrange a vow renewal service for your guests to share in this special occasson. with you. You could even surprise your spouse!!

I would check with the Department who handles weddings and vow renewals. They have arranged affairs like this for their clients. ,maybe of you reached out to them, they could help you also. Better yet, at the time, prearrange a vow renewal service for your guests to share in this special occasson. with you. You could even surprise your spouse!!

Could probably be done but it will end up being pretty pricey, particularly since OP wants to use complimentary coupons from her TA.

Could probably be done but it will end up being pretty pricey, particularly since OP wants to use complimentary coupons from her TA.

Yes, we don’t need to renew our vows. We just want to have a nice celebration with our family. Besides, I was under the impression that weddings and vow renewals were handled by an outside entity. I think our best bet is to go with our TA contacting RCC on our behalf. We booked 2 GS and 6 ocean view balconies for the fam. Don’t want to bust the budget any further!

How can I make reservations for 17

We did 24 people at wonderland on harmony....They also said it would be 2 tables, but when we arrived, they were able to accommodate everyone at one table.

Make it easy on yourself and just book multiple tables. When you have 12+ people at one long table there is no way you can talk to everyone at the table anyway; most of the group will be too far away, so what's the point of being at the same table? You really only get to converse during the meal with the people on either side of you and 3 or 4 people across from your. Plus it takes a long time to get everyone's order taken, bring everyone's drinks, serve everyone's food, etc.

Make it easy on yourself and just book multiple tables. When you have 12+ people at one long table there is no way you can talk to everyone at the table anyway; most of the group will be too far away, so what's the point of being at the same table? You really only get to converse during the meal with the people on either side of you and 3 or 4 people across from your. Plus it takes a long time to get everyone's order taken, bring everyone's drinks, serve everyone's food, etc.

Agree completely.