Help us decide- Oasis class vs older RCI ships

We are beginning plans for a fall 2019 cruise, and having a hard time making a final decision. I know it is subjective, but thought it would be nice to hear some perspectives. Specifically, we are looking at the following:

Adventure 8-night, going to Curacao, Bonaire and Aruba

Harmony 7-night, going to CocoCay, Costa Maya, Roatan, Cozumel

We have been on 9 cruises (including Carnival Liberty, Dream, Breeze, NCL Epic and Breakaway, Regal Princess, Oasis and Allure). The Oasis class is our only RCI experience, and we fell in love with them- we love the way the neighborhood concepts breakup crowds and provide unique atmospheres in different areas, as well as the variety of activities and entertainment. So the Harmony is appealing because we know it will be amazing.

Adventure is appealing because of the extra night, and all the ports are brand new to us. On Harmony, only Roatan would be new. Yet we worry that Adventure will be a letdown from our last two cruises on the Oasis and Allure, given that it is an older and smaller ship.Yes, I'm aware of the recent dry dock.

I'd love to hear from those of you that have sailed the Oasis class and Adventure, especially post dry dock Adventure cruisers!

As much as I love everything Ive seen about the Oasis ships and cant WAIT until my first cruise on one, the extra night and the better itinerary wins on this one.

+1 - price will likely be better on Adventure a well.

harmony entertainment is fantastic!!... also the snorkeling in Roatan is awesome either off a boat or from shore

we are doing harmony this december and do not have as good an itinerary... we are only doing st. marten, labadee and Puerto Rico... but going for the ship not the ports.... wish it had your itinerary

We’ve been on both Oasis class and Adventure post dry dock. If ports are the most important to you, go with Adventure, however for Entertainment and dining once you are back on ship, it’s Oasis class for sure. That being said we are back on Adventure in Dec 2019.

You didn’t say if you were traveling with kids. If so I would choose the harmony. But if you don’t I would choose adventure of the seas for the itinerary plus Harmony doesn’t have a solarium pool and that really sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting. Would you care to elaborate on why you like the ship better?

Voyager class ships have a view of the ocean from most public places....unlike Oasis class (most important reason). When we were on Harmony it felt really crowded most of them time. Never felt that way on Voyager class.

Harmony's diamond lounge is pathetic.

Many other reasons....including making reservations for everything.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

It would be an easy choice for me - Adventure all the way.

Although Little French Key on Roatan is my all-time favorite port excursion, I would choose the Adventure itinerary every time, hands down.

I also have a strong preference for Voyager class ships over Oasis class, but here's where you really have to do your homework and consider whether the extra activities are really ones you want to do in the first place. For me, I'll gladly make the trade-off to forgo a few activities for less crowds and easier reservations.

As the previous poster said - if the ship is your destination then Harmony is the better bet.

Voyager class ships have a view of the ocean from most public places....unlike Oasis class (most important reason). When we were on Harmony it felt really crowded most of them time. Never felt that way on Voyager class.

I agree. I love to see the water when I’m walking through the ship. On Oasis, you can’t see the water except from your balcony and a limited number of other locations.

When Oasis first came out, they used to advertise “you won’t feel like you’re on a cruise”. When I’m on a cruise, I want to feel like I’m on a cruise.

But I remember tons of post from the pre-Oasis class days when people would say they loved the Radiance class ships because they couldn't see the ocean from inside the V/F class ships.;)

Anyway, to the OP's question. In this case I'd do Adventure for the extra day, better itinerary, and better price. We easily go back and forth between the O/F/V class ships. The key is to know what is available on the ship you choose and to not be constantly comparing it to the ship you didn't choose. For example, I love the Aqua Theater on the O class ships. When we sail F/V class it does me no good to think about missing the Aqua Theater. I just enjoy the amenities on the ship that I chose for that particular cruise.

But I remember tons of post from the pre-Oasis class days when people would say they loved the Radiance class ships because they couldn't see the ocean from inside the V/F class ships.;)
Agree....

Radiance Class > Voyager Class > Oasis Class.

We just went through the same decision, between the Allure and Brilliance. Decided the Allure was worth the extra money, we love Central Park and the track. The itinerary also had two extra days which helped make it easier.

The only ships we've been on are the Oasis and Allure so we can't comment on the older ship. Our first cruises were a B2B2B, one on the Oasis, day in Ft. Lauderdale and a B2B on the Allure. Since we have to fly to all our cruises, a week isn't long enough. Since then we've done two B2Bs on the Allure with another B2B in October, also on the Allure. The ship's beauty and entertainment make the Windjammer, (especially for lunch), and crowds (after lifeboat drill and parades) palatable.

I have the same problem with the choices.... We are traveling with a 7 yo.

Navigator of the Seas - costs a bit more and is a much older ship, but it goes to ABC islands, which are dreamy. We absolutely fell in love with Bonaire and Aruba, and Curacao was nice. We were on the Navigator when it was much younger many years ago.

Allure of the Seas has a kids sale free promotion right now, is much newer, but it's going to boring destinations we are tired of. And our friends told us that due to a sheer amount of passengers on the ship, there are lines everywhere, even to the buffet.