Live from Quest Rome to Venice

Grandma Cruising

Russ gave us some interesting information about future entertainment plans.

Starting with the Pursuit in August there will be a group of 4 singers and 2dancers (sound familiar?). They are currently rehearsing three new shows for the Pursuit. Then the same format will start on Journey in December with three new shows for the Journey, then it will be repeated for the Quest 3 months later. Those 9 shows will then rotate across the three ships over the next 3 years.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Many thanks for the update.

The reports of the proposed future entertainment sound increasingly positive. We were really not looking forward to 17 nights of the recent entertainment on our Rio to Lisbon cruise next March . Did Russ mention anything about the return of the pianist and guitarist?

We so enjoy pre and post dinner "live" music in the Living Room, Discoveries lounge and Spirits.

Edited by workingtocruise-59

Many thanks for the update.

The reports of the proposed future entertainment sound increasingly positive. We were really not looking forward to 17 nights of the recent entertainment on our Rio to Lisbon cruise next March . Did Russ mention anything about the return of the pianist and guitarist?

We so enjoy pre and post dinner "live" music in the Living Room, Discoveries lounge and Spirits.

There is much live music in the Living Room and Spirits.as the trio can entertain as a trio, duo, or solo. It's nice to have a change of entertainment in those venues. And I hope these new shows are not being signed to a seven year contract. That gets boring after two or three years. It was wonderful to see and hear different guest entertainers and not the same ones we've been seeing for nearly ten years.

Maybe the new shows will start on the JR for the Cmas cruise. I had heard something about new shows starting. It had no idea of dates.

We also have a few guest entertainers we need back.

Time will tell all

They have started on Journey. Work in progress IMHO.

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Forums mobile app

There is much live music in the Living Room and Spirits.as the trio can entertain as a trio, duo, or solo. It's nice to have a change of entertainment in those venues. And I hope these new shows are not being signed to a seven year contract. That gets boring after two or three years. It was wonderful to see and hear different guest entertainers and not the same ones we've been seeing for nearly ten years.

I agree that the entertainment needed a "shake up".

We, too, have been seeing the same entertainers/ type of entertainment since 2008.

However, we still enjoy cabaret style shows and hope that these will continue.

Amalfi from the Quest 68ee965d213c022563dd57555c044890.jpg

We went to dinner early in Discoveries and didn’t have dessert, so we could be out on deck to see the soprano & eat sfogliatella which are a local delicacy. Little, very crispy, pastry triangular shells filled with custard - delicious.

The soprano was great and it was wonderful as the sun went down and the hillside lit up - and so did the Star Clipper anchored close to us.8649eae1d81d41159bdb60dfcad8754c.jpg

It was also nice last night to finally meet Phil (excitedofharpenden) who is on a B2B with the previous Quest cruise.

Fantastic photo. Wish I was still onboard - or on the lovely Star Clipper. I think Phil is on a B2B2B2B2B2B - (that might not be quite the right number} isnt he great !

Would like to post the occasional photo but I see their are 76 pages on how to do it in the Photos section. Is there an easy way ?

I use the Cruise Critic app and I’m on an iPad. On the app when you post you’ll see a little cross in a circle at the left hand side of the reply box, when you’re writing. If you click it, it expands and you’ll see at the bottom of the box and a little camera then a mountain in a box. If you click on the mountain it takes you to photos. You select the one you want & click ‘done’.

It will then ask you whether you want best, medium or small size. As CC will only take photos below 2000mps, I select small or medium.

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

I use the Cruise Critic app and I’m on an iPad. On the app when you post you’ll see a little cross in a circle at the left hand side of the reply box, when you’re writing. If you click it, it expands and you’ll see at the bottom of the box and a little camera then a mountain in a box. If you click on the mountain it takes you to photos. You select the one you want & click ‘done’.

It will then ask you whether you want best, medium or small size. As CC will only take photos below 2000mps, I select small or medium.

I clicked Best for all the photos on my thread and they were fine.

Your photos are still beautiful though. [emoji3]

Lovely photo's of Ravello, one of my favourite places in the world. Thanks for the advice on how to upload photo's HGC. I have never been able to do it, but I will try for the Pursuit Naming Cruise.

Who knows when Phil is getting off Quest! 😄

Fantastic photo. Wish I was still onboard - or on the lovely Star Clipper. I think Phil is on a B2B2B2B2B2B - (that might not be quite the right number} isnt he great !

Would like to post the occasional photo but I see their are 76 pages on how to do it in the Photos section. Is there an easy way ?

Missing you and Mike!:*

Phil

I think it depends on the number of megapixels in the photo as to whether it’ll take them. I had some declined when I tried best.

Ah, mine were only iPhone shots. Probably ‘low’ quality, comparatively.

Thanks for the information. Managed to post a couple of photos on the Viking board plus one duplicate. Can't understand why I can do it from my i-pad but not from my i-mac.

Thanks again. Looks like you are enjoying your lovely cruise.

Well I'm stunned! I have only been trying to post photo's for about 5 years with no success! There's no holding me back now. 😄

Thanks very much for your clear instructions HGC and sorry for hijacking your thread,

Hope you had a lovely day in Giardini Naxos today. Did you go to Taormina? Love it there.

Sorry to say we were very lazy today. It was so hot that we decided to stay onboard after the ship anchored of Giardini Naxos at lunchtime today. Unfortunately that means the only photos are 2 taken from the ship.

Taormina

e7609d87e6e1c5afa55fba9d578b91ff.jpg

Giardini Naxos

5448ddee149a0faefb3ce156e564e70b.jpg

Had a lovely meal in Prime C tonight - the rack of lamb was as delicious as ever. Then caught the last 15 minutes of the show which was Christine Pedi - singer, impressionist and comedienne (part of 54 Below At Sea). She was excellent.