Current Cruise Director (CD) List

On 11/24/2018 at 9:35 AM, GSRDPM said:

Dennis was our CD for our 9 night cruise on the Anthem to NE and Canada.  We found him to be very genuine and engaging.  At one point he was walking out of the Cafe two70 carrying his lunch on a plate.  A group of passengers sitting at a table nearby called out to him.  He walked over to them and spoke with group for about 10 minutes.  He was smiling, laughing and seemed totally at ease and undisturbed about being redirected from where  he was originally going.  As a veteran, he made a lead a very moving reflection on 9/11 on the ships intercom and made it a point to recognize other veterans on board.  He personally attended the Cruise Critic M&M and was very generous with his time, giving information about RCI and invited members to ask any questions about the Anthem and RCI plans in general.  He's also an excellent singer. He is not the youngest CD and is not loud and over-the-top energetic (which I also appreciate) but he has to be doing something right as he has been a CD with RCI for something like 23-25 years!

We enjoyed Dennis when we sailed with him on Jewel back in 2013.  He was the star of the crew/cruise pool volley ball matches...what fun it was!

7 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I asked Royal on social media earlier who the CD would be on my Harmony sailing in March.  They would not commit to an answer for March but they did tell me that Michele Scarpato will be back on as of January 20, 2019.

Glad that Michele is coming back but I would bet he will be gone again by your sailing, given that he usually does the Europe cruises at Summer which start around May and he will need a sufficient vacation.

17 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Glad that Michele is coming back but I would bet he will be gone again by your sailing, given that he usually does the Europe cruises at Summer which start around May and he will need a sufficient vacation.

I know there are mixed opinions on Hugo, but I loved him on Mariner. He’s been off for a while, I would not mind if he took over on Harmony. Does Harmony have a regular CD these days?

5 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I know there are mixed opinions on Hugo, but I loved him on Mariner. He’s been off for a while, I would not mind if he took over on Harmony. Does Harmony have a regular CD these days?

Harmony doesn't have a regular, unless Michele takes over permanently (which I doubt due to his language skills being needed in Europe). Hugo seems great, but he may be a bit "new" as a CD to get the Harmony. That being said, he was AM on her when she first came to the Caribbean so it is possible and would fit in with the schedule.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

I emailed Dan Whitney on the Oasis right now about hosting a Super Bowl for us on February 3rd. FYI - His reply to me states that he will not be on board at that time. He does not say who will be the CD that week and beyond.

He replied:

Hi Sally!  I won't be here but almost 100% sure that we will have Super Bowl at the AquaTheater like we did last year. Not sure how to go about getting pizza apart from ordering from room service or trying to get from Sorrento's Johnny Rockets, the Dog House and Sabor are nearby the venue and F&B had a set up of hot dogs and nacho chips at the venue last year. Hope this helps! 

All the best! 

Dan Whitney 
Cruise Director 
Royal Caribbean International 
Oasis of the Seas | Entertainment & Activities 
Wifi: 59000 Office: 27000  | OA_Cruisedirector@rccl.com

On 1/12/2019 at 7:04 PM, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I agree about Hugo. We really enjoyed him on the Empress. After 65 cruises, he is one of the few CD's that made an impression. Really interacted and participated in all activities with great energy and personality. anxious to see which ship he lands on.

ADVENTURE:  Ken Jones December 30 (for 2 months or 4 months?  Then Drew Devine?)
ALLURE Jimmy Rhodes November 4 until February 22, then Mitch Merucci February 22 until April 21
ANTHEM Dennis Charles returns January 6 until May 4, then Mitch Merucci May 4 until July 13.  Mitch returns September 7 until January 5, 2020
BRILLIANCEChris Brown September 22 until late January (need date - then who?)
EMPRESS:  Bobby Broughton  November 11 until mid-March, then Elvis Pinto (need date)
ENCHANTMENT:   Susan Adams is due to sign off - who is the next CD and what is the handover date?
EXPLORER: Graham Seymour July 27 until until sometime in January (need date), then Clo O'Connor until sometime in March when Graham returns (need date)  
FREEDOM:  Rob McNally January 13 (for 4 months?)
GRANDEUR: Mike Szwajkowski Oct 20 until February 23, then John Blair February 23 until June 13, and August 8 until November 30
HARMONY:  Marc Walker December 16 until January 20, then Michele Scarpato January 20 (for 4 months?)   (Dennis Charles expects to be headed to Harmony approximately early July)
INDEPENDENCE:   Jamie Fentiman  late November (for 4 months?)
JEWEL:  Simona Ferraiuolo  early November (for 4 months?)
LIBERTY:  Jeff Arpin January 13 (for 4 months?)
MARINER: Mercedes Lafuente January 10 through March 18 then Marc Walker March 18 until the end of 2019
MAJESTY:  Tornado Tanya January 7 until April 29
NAVIGATOR:   Rob McNally  November 23 (until when?)
OASIS:  Dan Whitney November 4 (for 2 months?)
OVATION:  Joff Eaton  November 28 until March 30
QUANTUM: Paul Rutter (until when?)
RADIANCE:  Cuddy Cudworth January 14 (for 4 months?)
RHAPSODY: Bill Bronckhorst early January (for 2 months or 4 months)?
SERENADE: Andrea Olivieri November 30 until mid-to-late January, then Carly Boileau
SYMPHONY: A Bobby Brown January 5 until March 16, then Abe Hughes March 16 until May 4, then Mike Szwajkowski 
VISION:   Steve Davis early October until early February
VOYAGER:  Michelle Oliveira December 3 (for 4 months?)

There is a thread on CC,  that deals with February 2019 cruises that have been cancelled due to some refurb work being done on Empress.  It appears from what these cruisers are saying that it returns to the sea on March 3, 2019.  Elvis who began his vacation in January, will probably join Empress with that March 3 sailing.

, tha

2 hours ago, golfpccc said:

On Liberty—Jeff Arpin coming on 1/20.  Enzo Matijaca will be AD for 2 weeks then goes to the Brilliance as CD for a full contract.  

Carla

Glad Enzo got a contract as CD. We really enjoyed him as ours on Liberty over NYE 

ADVENTURE:  Ken Jones December 30 (for 2 months or 4 months?  Then Drew Devine?)
ALLURE Jimmy Rhodes November 4 until February 22, then Mitch Merucci February 22 until April 21
ANTHEM Dennis Charles returns January 6 until May 4, then Mitch Merucci May 4 until July 13.  Mitch returns September 7 until January 5, 2020
BRILLIANCEChris Brown September 22 until February 3, then Enzo Matijaca 
EMPRESS:  Bobby Broughton  November 11 until March 3, then Elvis Pinto March 3
ENCHANTMENT:   Who is the current CD as of Jan 17?   Susan Adams returns March 4 for 4 months.
EXPLORER: Graham Seymour July 27 until until sometime in January (need date), then Clo O'Connor until sometime in March when Graham returns (need date)  
FREEDOM:  Rob McNally January 13 (for 4 months?)
GRANDEUR: Mike Szwajkowski Oct 20 until February 23, then John Blair February 23 until June 13, and August 8 until November 30
HARMONY:  Marc Walker December 16 until January 20, then Michele Scarpato January 20 (for 4 months?)   (Dennis Charles expects to be headed to Harmony approximately early July)
INDEPENDENCE:   Jamie Fentiman  late November (for 4 months?)
JEWEL:  Simona Ferraiuolo  early November (for 4 months?)
LIBERTY:  Jeff Arpin January 20 (for 4 months?)
MARINER: Mercedes Lafuente January 10 through March 18 then Marc Walker March 18 until the end of 2019
MAJESTY:  Tornado Tanya January 7 until April 29
NAVIGATOR:   in drydock until February 24 - Does Rob McNally return on February 24 for 4 months?
OASIS:  Dan Whitney November 4 (for 2 months?)
OVATION:  Joff Eaton  November 28 until March 30
QUANTUM: Paul Rutter (until when?)
RADIANCE:  Cuddy Cudworth January 14 (for 4 months?)
RHAPSODY: Bill Bronckhorst January 12 (for 2 months or 4 months)?
SERENADE: Andrea Olivieri November 30 until mid-to-late January, then Carly Boileau
SYMPHONY: A Bobby Brown January 5 until March 16, then Abe Hughes March 16 until May 4, then Mike Szwajkowski 
VISION:   Steve Davis early October until early February
VOYAGER:  Michelle Oliveira December 3 (for 4 months?)