Current Cruise Director (CD) List

ADVENTURE:  Mercedes Lafuente November 24 until December 30 (then who?)
ALLURE Jimmy Rhodes November 4 until February 22, then Mitch Merucci February 22 until April 21
ANTHEM  Tornado Tanya until January 6, Dennis Charles returns January 6 until May 4, then Mitch Merucci May 4 until July 13.  Mitch returns September 7 until January 5, 2020
BRILLIANCEChris Brown September 22 until late January (need date - then who?)
EMPRESS:  Bobby Broughton  November 11 (for 4 months?), then Elvis Pinto
ENCHANTMENT:   Susan Adams is due to sign off - who is the next CD and what is the handover date?
EXPLORER: Graham Seymour July 27 until until sometime in January, then returning in March after a short break. (exact dates? who is covering Graham's break?)
FREEDOM: Drew Devine September 29 until late January (need date - then who?)
GRANDEUR: Mike Szwajkowski Oct 20 until February 23, then John Blair February 23 until June 13, and August 8 until November 30
HARMONY:  Mark Walker December 16 until January 20
INDEPENDENCE:   Jamie Fentiman  began late November (until when?)
JEWEL:  Simona Ferraiuolo began early November (until when, then who?)
LIBERTY:  Enzo (activities manager) is filling in as CD from December 16 through January 13, then Jeff Arpin
MARINER: Ricky Matthews December 3 until January 10.  (Who will be the CD January 10 through March 18?)  Mark Walker March 18 until the end of 2019
MAJESTY: Patricio Honores until January 7, then Tornado Tanya January 7 until April 29
NAVIGATOR:   Rob McNally  November 23 (until when?)
OASIS:  Dan Whitney November 4 (for 4 months?)
OVATION:  Joff Eaton  November 28 for the Australian season.
QUANTUM: Paul Rutter (until when?)
RADIANCE: John Blair August 10 until January 14, then Cuddy Cudworth
RHAPSODY: Elvis Pinto August 25 until late-December (exact date? Then who?)
SERENADE: Andrea Olivieri November 30 until mid-to-late January, then Carly Boileau
SYMPHONY: Abe Hughes November 9 until January 5, then Bobby Brown January 5 until March 16, then Abe Hughes returns March 16 until mid-July, then Mike Szwajkowski 
VISION:   Steve Davis early October for 4 months.
VOYAGER:  Michelle Oliveira December 3 (until when?)

On 12/19/2018 at 11:44 AM, dahirsh said:

On the Anthem, Dennis is going on vacation the next two cruises.  Tonya will be the CD until she leaves for the majesty and Dennis comes back.

Dennis Charles has been on the Anthem the last 2 cruises per people actually on those cruises so I anticipate he will be there for next week also then just segway into the schedule he was originally slated for. 

4 minutes ago, KKB said:

Dennis Charles has been on the Anthem the last 2 cruises per people actually on those cruises so I anticipate he will be there for next week also then just segway into the schedule he was originally slated for. 

I was on the last cruise and heard out of his own mouth that he had the next 2 off. So feel free to anticipate, but that's what he actually said

Just now, dahirsh said:

I was on the last cruise and heard out of his own mouth that he had the next 2 off. So feel free to anticipate, but that's what he actually said

I messaged a gal who boarded yesterday & she said Dennis. Perhaps she read it in the daily planner & it wasn't corrected. Goodness knows I have seen errors in those dailies!

I have not met the guy but if his daily activities are any indicator, I'm hoping for someone else...I saw 2017 Xmas cruise planners plus last week & he seems to heavily rely on activities to draw more $ from passengers (sales, spa "free makeovers" & such, etc.). Looking at Dru's from this years Thanksgiving cruise when I saw MANY more activities that didn't involve digging into my pocket. But trying to have an open mind...

Did you enjoy him? I have heard mixed reviews.

On 12/15/2018 at 4:57 PM, AROW285 said:

Mark has posted on his Facebook page that he will be joining Harmony tomorrow, the 16th, in Ft. Lauderdale. No reason was given for the switch. 

During our cruise Dec 9--16---Michele left on Thursday or so due to a death in the family.

On 12/22/2018 at 9:30 AM, CruisingJoe09 said:

Has he officially been promoted? If so, I wonder where Enzo will be going when Jeff comes to LB.

I assume he has been officially promoted—both Mark and Enzo walked into the Lounge on 12/15 and said they had breaking news—Mark was leaving the next day and going to fill in on the Harmony and that Enzo had been promoted to CD and would be taking over until Jeff arrives in January.  Enzo did not yet know his fate after January.

Carla

On 12/22/2018 at 7:11 PM, dahirsh said:

Yep. Passenger on Anthem right now said it IS Tanya. 

Anyone have any thought on her?

(I liked Dru's daily activities & he seems to get more positive reviews over Dennis; tho I have seen some who prefer Dennis. We like an energetic involved CD, but mostly want to see LOTS of activities of all sorts throughout the day--especially w/ 4K passengers; and not the things to draw us in to spend more $ like "liquor tastings," "free makeovers", "guess the price of the art," or "free charm:)

5 hours ago, KKB said:

Yep. Passenger on Anthem right now said it IS Tanya. 

Anyone have any thought on her?

(I liked Dru's daily activities & he seems to get more positive reviews over Dennis; tho I have seen some who prefer Dennis. We like an energetic involved CD, but mostly want to see LOTS of activities of all sorts throughout the day--especially w/ 4K passengers; and not the things to draw us in to spend more $ like "liquor tastings," "free makeovers", "guess the price of the art," or "free charm:)

I liked Tanya a lot.  And Dennis grew on me.  If I had offered an opinion on him after the welcome aboard show it would not have been as favorable as later on in the cruise.  I would not be upset to find him as the CD on a future cruise.

We were on the December 10th sailing.  Tanya is full of energy, definitely a tornado.

Dennis was good but activities were lacking.  Too many sales going on.

The trivia and Name that Tune were won by repeat passengers who apparently knew the answers from previous cruises.  People were not happy.

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

We were on the December 10th sailing.  Tanya is full of energy, definitely a tornado.

The trivia and Name that Tune were won by repeat passengers who apparently knew the answers from previous cruises.  People were not happy.

I agree about Name that Tune.  I have sailed many times on Anthem and Name that Tune is always the same songs/dances, except for a few that are played by the DJ.  There are too many repeat cruisers on Anthem to not change it once in awhile.  The cast of WWRY and the orchestra are very talented. It wouldn't take much to change the songs.

I happened to catch Name that Tune on the tv.  The winner was hitting the buzzer after one note.  I wasn’t at the actual show but people were complaining the next day.  The same ones were winning trivia.  I realize the prizes aren’t the greatest but the fun is taken away when everyone knows who is going to win.  You are right about the talent, those kids are amazing!  I hope to meet you some trip!

Some of us wouldn't know what Name That Tune was like because a certain Activities Manager (who is no longer with Royal...thank God) refused to follow his own rules and was picking all the pretty people to try out and ignoring others.

4 minutes ago, EMBFlyer said:

Some of us wouldn't know what Name That Tune was like because a certain Activities Manager (who is no longer with Royal...thank God) refused to follow his own rules and was picking all the pretty people to try out and ignoring others.

I have sailed on Anthem 22 times and have no idea what you are talking about.  All the people that played on Name That Tune got on stage by naming a song.

Just now, gaylemh said:

I have sailed on Anthem 22 times and have no idea what you are talking about.  All the people that played on Name That Tune got on stage by naming a song.

It occurred during the Christmas/New Years cruise of 2016/2017.  I've mentioned it in other threads and it has no purpose here.  Let's just say the Activities Manager on that cruise was extremely off-putting.

11 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

I happened to catch Name that Tune on the tv.  The winner was hitting the buzzer after one note.  I wasn’t at the actual show but people were complaining the next day.  The same ones were winning trivia.  I realize the prizes aren’t the greatest but the fun is taken away when everyone knows who is going to win.  You are right about the talent, those kids are amazing!  I hope to meet you some trip!

I didn't catch on from him knowing the songs quickly but when he "named" a song in one note that so clearly did not match the clue but was the correct answer for the next song...

Having just spent 10 days on Ovation of the Seas (Sydney port to New Zealand) with Joff Eaton - the 6 of us onboard agreed he is the best CD in the fleet that any of us have experienced to date.

His humor, enthusiasm, energy, commitment, and genuine interest in making the passenger experience optimized surpassed the other 14 cruise directors we have sailed with to date.

• Like 2

Maybe it’s just me but I usually care more about the activities staff manager and level of activity. Talita Leone on the Visions was outstanding on transatlantic October cruise. Sherrie on the Grandeur back in January 2017 was excellent. These ladies kept my wife and friends dancing and laughing the whole cruise.

Both destined to become Cruise Directors some day soon.

Abe Hughes was very good CD  on the Anthem a few years ago. Extremely visible and fun.

The level of activities and a personable CD is a wonderful thing.

20 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

In comparing the dailies from last Xmas (Dennis) as well as the week after Thanksgiving this year (Dennis) you are SPOT ON. 

Then when I looked at Dru's from this Thanksgiving I thought YES, this guy knows how to entertain a ship of 4K! Thus why I was so sad to see him leave! I agree--more about activity offerings.

Fingers crossed that Tanya recognizes she has a ship of 4K passengers to entertain! (most who aren't swooned by "free" offerings that are merely a ruse to try to get you to spend more $...)

As a repeat cruiser who has had the great experience of having Dru Pavlov as our CD many times, does anybody know when or what the future holds for him from RCL? He IS really good and is being missed. C'mon ,somebody has to know something credible. Thank you

• Like 1