Current Cruise Director (CD) List

18 minutes ago, bilyclub said:

Anybody have any feedback on Mercedes ?   Last time I was on the AD the CD was Mike Szwajkowski  and he left Royal not to long after that.

We liked her fine.  Multilingual, pleasant.

11 hours ago, bilyclub said:

Anybody have any feedback on Mercedes ?   Last time I was on the AD the CD was Mike Szwajkowski  and he left Royal not to long after that.

We're on Adventure now. Mercedes is lovely - fun, great personality without being over the top, and very visible around the ship. 

1 hour ago, Cassicruiser said:

We're on Adventure now. Mercedes is lovely - fun, great personality without being over the top, and very visible around the ship. 

I’m on Adventure in 25 days so Im glad to hear she’s been good.  I cruised with her around 4 years ago and she really added nothing to our cruise experience.

On 12/6/2018 at 2:09 PM, DonnaK said:

Just boarded Anthem.  Dennis Charles is listed as the CD, although I haven’t seen him yet to confirm. 

OK...so this was a error on the flyer with all the officers names that was available in the Diamond lounge upon boarding.  Tornado Tanya is the current CD on Anthem, and she did an excellent job.  The rest of her team was kind of weak, though - perhaps it's because they are shorthanded, without an AM while Tanya fills-in as CD.

23 hours ago, KKB said:

Just messaged RCCL via Twitter & they told me Andrew Pavlov for our Dec 29 cruise

Dru was scheduled to be the CD on Anthem until January 6, but he left the ship mid-contract for unknown reasons.  Tanya is filling in until Dennis arrives on January 6.  It is very unlikely that Dru will return for just one or two sailings between now and then.  RCCL is notorious for providing inaccurate or outdated information regarding CD scheduling.

Time will tell....

Edited by DonnaK

ADVENTURE:  Mercedes Lafuente  November 24 (until when?)
ALLURE Jimmy Rhodes November 4 until February 22, then Mitch Merucci February 22 until April 21
ANTHEM Tanya Yates until January 6, then Dennis Charles returns January 6 until May 4, then Mitch Merucci May 4 until July 13.  Mitch returns September 7 until January 5, 2020
BRILLIANCEChris Brown September 22 until late January
EMPRESS:  Bobby Broughton  November 11 (for 4 months?), then Elvis Pinto
ENCHANTMENT:   Susan Adams is due to sign off - who is the next CD and what is the handover date?
EXPLORER: Graham Seymour July 27 until until sometime in January, then returning in March after a short break. (exact dates? who is covering Graham's break?)
FREEDOM: Drew Devine September 29 until late January
GRANDEUR: Mike Szwajkowski Oct 20 until February 23, then John Blair February 23 until June 13, and August 8 until November 30
HARMONY:  Michele Scarpato October 27 until sometime in February.
INDEPENDENCE:   Jamie Fentiman  began late November (until when?)
JEWEL:  Simona Ferraiuolo began early November (until when, then who?)
LIBERTY: Marc Walker July 22 until January 13
MARINER: Ricky Matthews December 3 until January 10.  (Who will be the CD January 10 through March 18?)  Mark Walker March 18 until the end of 2019
MAJESTY: Patricio Honores until sometime in January
NAVIGATOR:   Rob McNally  November 23 (until when?)
OASIS:  Dan Whitney November 4 (for 4 months?)
OVATION:  Joff Eaton  November 28 for the Australian season.
QUANTUM: Paul Rutter (until when?)
RADIANCE: John Blair August 10 until January 14, then Cuddy Cudworth
RHAPSODY: Elvis Pinto August 25 until late-December (exact date? Then who?)
SERENADE: Andrea Olivieri November 30 until mid-to-late January, then Carly Boileau
SYMPHONY: Abe Hughes November 9 until January 5, then Bobby Brown 
VISION:   Steve Davis early October for 4 months.
VOYAGER:  Who is the current CD as of Dec 3?

1 hour ago, tkriet01 said:

Mercedes is only on for a Six-week stay on Adventure that started 11/24 and runs thru the 12/30 cruise from what I understood.

Oh too bad, was hoping for her during our February cruises.

On 12/10/2018 at 5:48 PM, DonnaK said:

OK...so this was a error on the flyer with all the officers names that was available in the Diamond lounge upon boarding.  Tornado Tanya is the current CD on Anthem, and she did an excellent job.  The rest of her team was kind of weak, though - perhaps it's because they are shorthanded, without an AM while Tanya fills-in as CD.

Dennis NOT being the CD is music to my ears.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, katidid213 said:

Any idea if Joff Eaton will return to the Caribbean at some point. I had him on Indy years ago and is by far my favorite CD.

I'm excited to hear he is a favourite, because we're cruising in Australia in early Feb. and I'm hoping against hope that he will still be here at that stage. I've read a lot of good things about him so am looking forward to having a good cruise director after a run of very weak ones (on NCL).

2 minutes ago, sofmall said:

I'm excited to hear he is a favourite, because we're cruising in Australia in early Feb. and I'm hoping against hope that he will still be here at that stage. I've read a lot of good things about him so am looking forward to having a good cruise director after a run of very weak ones (on NCL).

Joff is on OV until March 30th so he will be your CD. 

1 hour ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Joff is on OV until March 30th so he will be your CD. 

Anybody know who’s taking over from Joff for the Transpacific on April 17? 

Edited by Jandex
Spelling

On 12/4/2018 at 3:34 PM, SCNubz said:

Anybody know any info on Andrea????? Good,bad, ugly??? We're sailing on Monday and not sure what to expect...

Eric

"Nubz"

We just got off the November 30 -december 10 Cruise and found Andrea to be a wonderful host.   You did see him a over the ship.  Even would dine in the windjammer with guests.    We even ran into him biking in st croix and he recognized us from the cruise.   Very kind individual.

2 hours ago, sofmall said:

Joff is great. He has that British Monty Pythonish, John Cleese thing going.

• Like 1