Current Cruise Director (CD) List

1 hour ago, MonaCK said:

A thread in one of the Anthem of the Seas groups on Facebook has Dennis Charles already back as cruise director.

I also read on FB that Dennis was back, so I updated the list to reflect that, and a few people reported that Tanya was still the CD, so I changed the list again.  I am boarding Anthem on Thursday, so I will get a definitive answer!! :)

I happen to really like Dennis, so unless he has drastically changed since the last time I sailed with him, I would be glad to see him back.

does anyone know the real reason why Dru abruptly left the Anthem? We cruised a b2b  from 

Oct.27 through Nov 10 and he was exceptional.I have no problem at all with Dennis. have cruised with him before. just that curiosity is getting the best of me.I hope that Dru is fine and we will be seeing him again.see you all on our Dec.10 cruise. Keith

30 minutes ago, watson50 said:

does anyone know the real reason why Dru abruptly left the Anthem? We cruised a b2b  from 

Oct.27 through Nov 10 and he was exceptional.I have no problem at all with Dennis. have cruised with him before. just that curiosity is getting the best of me.I hope that Dru is fine and we will be seeing him again.see you all on our Dec.10 cruise. Keith

From what I understand from reading some of the threads here, it was a family emergency.

On 11/24/2018 at 12:55 PM, gaylemh said:

Dennis Charles is probably my least favorite CD, I've been on 8 Anthem cruises with him.  My favorite so far has been Clo O'Conner.  She could have her own stand up comedy show.  I wish she would come back.  I also really liked the team of  Leigh and Erky from Turkey when  I was on Explorer many times. Too bad they no longer work for Royal.

Loved it when Bing Bong and Erky were on the Monarch..

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Loved it when Bing Bong and Erky were on the Monarch..

That was heard to beat, except possibly when Erky was on Explorer.  Forgot the CD then, maybe Leigh?

I was on Rhapsody of the Seas last week 24 Nov -  1 Dec and Elvis Pinto did a great job as CD. His Morning Show with Activities Manager Eric Lopez was hilarious. My test of a good CD is how they manage 70's Night and The Quest and he passed the test on both accounts. My only observation was that I saw more of Eric around the ship that I did of Elvis

1 minute ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I was on Rhapsody of the Seas last week 24 Nov -  1 Dec and Elvis Pinto did a great job as CD. His Morning Show with Activities Manager Eric Lopez was hilarious. My test of a good CD is how they manage 70's Night and The Quest and he passed the test on both accounts. My only observation was that I saw more of Eric around the ship that I did of Elvis

Elvis was a terrific Activity Manager, and I would expect him to be no less than a terrific CD.  I have been told by those who have sailed with Elvis as CD, that he does the Latin Dancing on the Pool Deck very often.....now you don't see too many CD's doing that.  

1 minute ago, Paulette3028 said:

Elvis was a terrific Activity Manager, and I would expect him to be no less than a terrific CD.  I have been told by those who have sailed with Elvis as CD, that he does the Latin Dancing on the Pool Deck very often.....now you don't see too many CD's doing that.  

Yes...he had either Dance Classes and Zumba Classes in the Centrum most days.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2018 at 7:21 AM, DonnaK said:

SERENADE: Andrea Olivieri November 30 until mid-to-late January, then Carly Boileau

We're sailing on Monday, any good info on the new CD??? Good??? I heard that Carly B was very good! TIA for any news or info you can share.

Best,

Eric

"Nubz"

22 minutes ago, SCNubz said:

We're sailing on Monday, any good info on the new CD??? Good??? I heard that Carly B was very good! TIA for any news or info you can share.

Best,

Eric

"Nubz"

Have a great time on Serenade....if you can find out who the Activity Manager is,  that would be terrific.  Alison Hasler was assigned to Serenade in mid August, so not sure if she is still there or has been transferred to another ship.  I try to keep a thread on Cruise Critic about the Activity Managers onboard.....so you can put the information directly there....superthanks!

On 12/2/2018 at 7:21 AM, DonnaK said:

MARINER: Hugo Arenas until December 3, then Ricky Matthews December 3 until January 10.  (Who will be the CD January 10 through March 18?)  Mark Walker March 18 until the end of 2019

Love Ricky Matthews - one of our favorite cruise directors.  So glad he will be on our Mariner Christmas cruise!

10 minutes ago, bowler15547 said:

It was Leigh. They were a fantastic team. 

Thanks for the memory refresh.    Erky had/has real comedic talent.   Miss his mime routine in the main theater before the shows.

• Like 1

ADVENTURE:  Mercedes Lafuente  November 24
ALLURE Jimmy Rhodes November 4 until February 22, then Mitch Merucci February 22 until April 21
ANTHEM Tanya Yates until January 6, then Dennis Charles returns January 6 until May 4, then Mitch Merucci May 4 until July 13.  Mitch returns September 7 until January 5, 2020
BRILLIANCEChris Brown September 22 until late January
EMPRESS:  Bobby Broughton  November 11 (for 4 months?)
ENCHANTMENT:   Susan Adams is due to sign off - who is the next CD and what is the handover date?
EXPLORER: Graham Seymour July 27 until until sometime in January, then returning in March after a short break. (exact dates? who is covering Graham's break?)
FREEDOM: Drew Devine September 29 until late January
GRANDEUR: Mike Szwajkowski Oct 20 until February 23, then John Blair February 23 until June 13, and August 8 until November 30
HARMONY:  Michele Scarpato October 27 until sometime in February.
INDEPENDENCE:   Jamie Fentiman end of November (until when?)
JEWEL:  Simona Ferraiuolo early November (until when, then who?)
LIBERTY: Marc Walker July 22 until January 13
MARINER: Ricky Matthews December 3 until January 10.  (Who will be the CD January 10 through March 18?)  Mark Walker March 18 until the end of 2019
MAJESTY: Patricio Honores until sometime in January
NAVIGATOR:   Rob McNally  November 23 (until when?)
OASIS:  Dan Whitney November 4 (for 4 months?)
OVATION:  Joff Eaton  November 28 for the Australian season.
QUANTUM: Paul Rutter
RADIANCE: John Blair August 10 until January 14, then Cuddy Cudworth
RHAPSODY: Elvis Pinto August 25 until late-December (exact date? Then who?)
SERENADE: Andrea Olivieri November 30 until mid-to-late January, then Carly Boileau
SYMPHONY: Abe Hughes November 9 until January 5, then Bobby Brown 
VISION:   Steve Davis early October for 4 months.
VOYAGER:  Who is the current CD as of Dec 3?

Edited by DonnaK

On 12/2/2018 at 1:23 PM, DonnaK said:

I also read on FB that Dennis was back, so I updated the list to reflect that, and a few people reported that Tanya was still the CD, so I changed the list again.  I am boarding Anthem on Thursday, so I will get a definitive answer!! 🙂

I happen to really like Dennis, so unless he has drastically changed since the last time I sailed with him, I would be glad to see him back.

Enjoy your cruise.   I did cruise with Dennis back in 2012, so I'll look forward to hearing an update. 

8 hours ago, DonnaK said:

SERENADE: Andrea Olivieri November 30 until mid-to-late January

Anybody know any info on Andrea????? Good,bad, ugly??? We're sailing on Monday and not sure what to expect...

Eric

"Nubz"

• Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 5:50 PM, Paulette3028 said:

Have a great time on Serenade....if you can find out who the Activity Manager is,  that would be terrific.  Alison Hasler was assigned to Serenade in mid August, so not sure if she is still there or has been transferred to another ship.  I try to keep a thread on Cruise Critic about the Activity Managers onboard.....so you can put the information directly there....superthanks!

I just got off Serenade on November 30th and Alison was the Activity Manager then. Carly B was leaving for vacation, so I'm not sure that includes Alison too or not.