Current Cruise Director (CD) List

On 11/4/2018 at 6:40 PM, DonnaK said:

LIBERTY: Marc Walker July 22 until January 13

Donna, any idea who will be the Liberty CD after Marc finishes in January?  

I was surprised to see Marc was assigned for almost 6 months straight.  Will his replacement also have a long assignment?

Thanks for keeping the list ....

53 minutes ago, BSocial said:

Donna, any idea who will be the Liberty CD after Marc finishes in January?  

I was surprised to see Marc was assigned for almost 6 months straight.  Will his replacement also have a long assignment?

Thanks for keeping the list ....

Marc explained that he volunteered to be extended when they were having trouble scheduling someone to relieve him.  It should be a one-off and not repeated.  Mark is requesting to be reassigned to the Mariner so he can be closer to his little ones.

I know Bill is considered boring by many but he gets the job done. His style is not flashy. He was the CD on our cruise this past September and I had many conversations with him. Twice we were in the Windjammer having a late night snack and he came over to speak to me and my wife.

11 minutes ago, mets123 said:

I know Bill is considered boring by many but he gets the job done. His style is not flashy. He was the CD on our cruise this past September and I had many conversations with him. Twice we were in the Windjammer having a late night snack and he came over to speak to me and my wife.

Different strokes I guess.  I'm sure there are elements of his job that he is very good at but I personally prefer an engaging, fun cruise director with a great sense of humor. There are also those that are over the top which can be too much, but after having some excellent CDs on a few cruises I now notice and know what style we enjoy. But it's nice to read some positive feedback as it looks like Bill may possibly still be on Adventure when we sail.

Currently on Jewel TA and the cruise director is Simona Ferraiuolo, not sure if there is a separate thread but the activities manager is Jerry (don't know his last name but he was previously on Harmony

Julie

23 minutes ago, kernow said:

Currently on Jewel TA and the cruise director is Simona Ferraiuolo, not sure if there is a separate thread but the activities manager is Jerry (don't know his last name but he was previously on Harmony

Julie

ADVENTURE:  As of the beginning of November, is the CD Mercedes Lafuente or Bill Brunckhorst?
ALLURE Jimmy Rhodes November 4 until early March
ANTHEM Dru Pavlov October 13 until January 6, then Dennis Charles returns January 6
BRILLIANCEChris Brown September 22 until late January
EMPRESS: Carlos Torres until November 11then Bobby Broughton 
ENCHANTMENT: Susan Adams September 6 until early November  (exact date?  Then who?)
EXPLORER: Graham Seymour July 27 until until sometime in January, then returning in March after a short break. (exact dates? who is covering Graham's break?)
FREEDOM: Drew Devine September 29 until late January
GRANDEUR: Mike Szwajkowski Oct 20 until February 14.
HARMONY:  Michele Scarpato October 27 until sometime in February.
INDEPENDENCE:   Ken Jones (until when? sometime in December?)  then Jamie Fentiman (need handover date)
JEWEL:  Simona Ferraiuolo early November (until when, then who?)
MARINER: Hugo Arenas until December 3, then Ricky Matthews December 3 until January 10.
MAJESTY: Patricio Honores until sometime in January
NAVIGATOR: Cuddy Cudworth August 26 until November 23, then Rob McNally.
OASIS: Jeff Arpin September 2 until early January.
OVATIONMike Hunnerup until November 28. Joff Eaton returns November 28 for the Australian season.
QUANTUM: Who is the current CD? Fang Lixin or Paul Rutter? 
RADIANCE: John Blair August 10 until January 14, then Cuddy Cudworth
RHAPSODY: Elvis Pinto August 25 until late-December (exact date? Then who?)
SERENADE: Carly Boileau September 23 until Late November (exact date? then who?)
SYMPHONY: Abe Hughes November 9 until January 5, then Bobby Brown 
VISION:   Steve Davis early October for 4 months.
VOYAGER: Ricky Matthews late September until December 3 (then who?)

Edited by DonnaK

As of the 11/4 sailing Bill Brunckhorst was still on the Adventure. I'm waiting for Sat 11/10 for an update as folks get on board to post if any change over happened with the CD's in the Adventure FB group. I'll update here.

On 11/5/2018 at 11:40 AM, DonnaK said:

ADVENTURE:  Mercedes Lafuente end of October (until when?)
ALLURE Jimmy Rhodes for 4 months November 4 (until when?)
ANTHEM Dru Pavlov October 13 until January 6, then Dennis Charles returns January 6
EMPRESS: Carlos Torres until November 11then Bobby Broughton 
ENCHANTMENT: Susan Adams September 6 until early November  (exact date?  Then who?)
EXPLORER: Graham Seymour July 27 until until sometime in January, then returning in March after a short break. (exact dates? who is covering Graham's break?)
GRANDEUR: Mike Szwajkowski Oct 20 until February 14.
INDEPENDENCE:   Ken Jones (until when? sometime in December?)  then Jamie Fentiman (need handover date)
JEWEL: Andrea Olivieri August 19 until mid-December (exact date? then who?)
MARINER: Hugo Arenas until December 3, then Ricky Matthews December 3 until January 10.
OVATIONMike Hunnerup until November 28. Joff Eaton returns November 28 for the Australian season.
SERENADE: Carly Boileau September 23 until Late November (exact date? then who?)
SYMPHONY: Bobby Brown September 9 through the TA on November 9, then Abe Hughes will be taking over the ship when it arrives in Miami on November 9 until January 5, then Bobby Brown returns.

John Blair will be going to Grandeur at his completion of Radiance end of Jan 

17 hours ago, tkriet01 said:

As of the 11/4 sailing Bill Brunckhorst was still on the Adventure. I'm waiting for Sat 11/10 for an update as folks get on board to post if any change over happened with the CD's in the Adventure FB group. I'll update here.

Today's Cruise Compass says it's still Bill.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruzin-K said:

Today's Cruise Compass says it's still Bill.

Would be great if someone could casually ask him when he's on till, although judging by what I've read he doesn't chat to passengers much.  

Edited by Cassicruiser
  • Like 1

ADVENTURE:  Bill Brunckhorst (due to hand-off to Mercedes Lafuente sometime this month; date unknown)
EMPRESS:  Bobby Broughton  November 11 (for 4 months?)
GRANDEUR: Mike Szwajkowski Oct 20 until February 14, then John Blair
INDEPENDENCE:   Ken Jones (until when? sometime in December?)  then Jamie Fentiman (need handover date)
JEWEL:  Simona Ferraiuolo early November (until when, then who?)

On 11/10/2018 at 5:02 PM, Cassicruiser said:

Would be great if someone could casually ask him when he's on till, although judging by what I've read he doesn't chat to passengers much.  

Bill says Nov 24, then its Mercedes. Asked at the top tier event tonight.

On 11/5/2018 at 12:07 PM, sdsseattle said:

I would hope people’s opinions, good or bad, aren’t being removed. Part of why I am interested in this thread is to see if upcoming cruise directors are well liked or not.  For instance, Dennis Charles on my upcoming Anthem. What do people think of him? 

We've cruised with Dennis twice and found him full of energy and very engaging. The entertainment programme he put together for the Anthem was excellent 

ADVENTURE:  Bill Brunckhorst until November 24, then Mercedes Lafuente
EMPRESS:  Bobby Broughton  November 11 (for 4 months?)
GRANDEUR: Mike Szwajkowski Oct 20 until February 14, then John Blair
JEWEL:  Simona Ferraiuolo early November (until when, then who?)
OASIS:  Dan Whitney November 4 (for 4 months?)

On 11/13/2018 at 11:01 AM, ticketsunlimited said:

SDS, we had Dennis for our 8 day January Anthem cruise this year and had a blast!!  We will be on the January 6th 12 day Anthem and we are so happy he will be back for the cruise.  Excellent news.

Thank you! A good cruise director really does make a difference😊

17 minutes ago, NanciRDH said:

Change on Anthem as of this am...Dru Pavlov has left for Administrative Leave.  The Activities Manager will take his place for now, no other info available yet.  

Administrative leave? Not sure if that is a good or bad thing. I've guessed that he could be the takeout CD for Spectrum and if so, perhaps has been called down to Miami for meetings.

3 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Administrative leave? Not sure if that is a good or bad thing. I've guessed that he could be the takeout CD for Spectrum and if so, perhaps has been called down to Miami for meetings.

Not a good thing...it came totally unexpected this morning, crew was surprised.  

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:02 PM, Cassicruiser said:

I met Bill on the promenade and then every time I saw him after that he called me by name and 

chatted with me.  The time I saw him in the Windjammer he invited me to sit down and eat with him.  

I found him to be very social.